Every other day energy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-12-2010, 07:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone else on an every other day energy burst schedule? Since last Sunday (as far back as I can remember for sure) I have had energy every other day. Sunday I swept and mopped and that about killed me! Then Monday I grocery shopped and put away a lot of freezer food, took all day. Then Tuesday I had to recover...Wednesday-energy to get stuff done, Thursday-did nothing but rest on the couch, ect.

Is anyone else experiencing a pattern like this? I'm trying to stay rested and feeling good since I'm 37+5 today and could go into labor any time now. Every other day, I don't think I would have the energy to through it!

Plus, I still need to figure out how to use the carseat and install it, and pack a hospital bag. There is more on the to-do list, but those seem to be the musts. Even on the days with energy I try to stay relaxed and not wear myself out.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#2 of 9 Old 06-12-2010, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I was exactly like that the last 2 wks of my pregnancy. Take it easy, eat and drink lots! Good luck!

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#3 of 9 Old 06-12-2010, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm 36+5 and on the same schedule! One day I am so tired I think that if I wasn't sooo pregnant I would think something was wrong with me. The next day I can't believe how good I feel. One day I think I can't have this baby, I have no energy to birth this baby. The next day I find myself thinking, I feel awesome, I could easily be pregnant for a few more weeks and still feel great!

Today, I am tired. SO tired that even writing this wore me out. I am not even going to proof read it! Here's to looking forward to tomorrows energy!
#4 of 9 Old 06-12-2010, 07:58 PM

This sounds just like me. Today I'm 38 weeks and had a huge burst of nesting. I woke up at 5am thinking about everything I needed to do because I know this baby is coming anytime now. It's 5pm now, and I've finished EVERYTHING on my to do list. I had one last shopping trip to make, Our son is flying to California next week to stay with my sister for two weeks and I had to get a few things for that. I just about gave up halfway through the Walmart parking lot though. This baby feels like she is using a crowbar to pry apart my pelvic bones, every step is so painful!

Heidi, Married to my sweetheart of 13 yrs Kristopher, Mommy of 7 yr old Kairo, Expecting our sweet little girl Penelope 6/26/2010!
#5 of 9 Old 06-12-2010, 08:30 PM

I'm 39 weeks, 2 days and I have been the same way for about a week. One day, I get so much done and feel pretty good and then the next day, I am dying and feel like all I want to do it lie on the couch. I am very, very ready for this little one to arrive!
#6 of 9 Old 06-12-2010, 08:41 PM

Yep, for quite awhile now. Although the past few days I'm feeling a bit more frantic, so I've been forcing myself to work on the days I don't feel up to it. Just with more breaks.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#7 of 9 Old 06-12-2010, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm glad to hear I'm in good company. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong every other day. I did manage to get the crib sheet ect. on today and read part way through the carseat manual before I decided I wasn't going to actually install the seat until I'm in early labor. We are right in the middle of wheat harvest right now, so sometimes I have to help move people from field to field. I don't want the carseat full of wheat seed!

Looking forward to tomorrow's energy, I hope!

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#8 of 9 Old 06-13-2010, 12:17 PM

That's about how I feel, too. Just the end of pregnancy for me.

I'm getting anxious to meet my sweet baby!
#9 of 9 Old 06-13-2010, 11:36 PM

Me too!

Every other day! Totally! One day I tried to readjust the straps on the infant seat and just lost it after like 2 minutes and had to call my husband upstairs to help me get up off the floor. The next day I figured it out in like 30 seconds. WTF?

Today was an "exhausted" day - hoping tomorrow will be good - planning on sewing slipcovers for the glider!

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page