Sick kids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lovely. This morning I noticed that Cadence had a bit of a runny nose. She was acting pretty normal all day, but when she got up from her nap a little while ago she was coughing and her throat was sounding scratchy when she talked.

This afternoon the older 2 went to the playground. When they came back, Tevin was complaining of a headache and Sam said her throat felt like it was closing up. We had Tevin lay down and rest for awhile and Sam got involved in something and wasn't saying anything. She's kind of a drama queen, so we just figured she was trying to get out the cleaning we were asking her to do. Tevin's head still hurt about an hour later, so I gave him some Tylenol and had him lay down again. We asked Sam to do something else and she started complaining about her throat again. Although now she's at baseball practice and has swimming lessons afterward, so I'm still wondering if she's just faking it.

I am kind of wondering if the 3 have anything to do with each other. As I sit here and think about it, those are 3 signs of strep. The nose/throat thing, headache, throat constriction. Blah. AND now Tevin says his throat feels weird when he breathes in and out.

The Quick Care closes in a half hour and I think they stop taking patients like 20 minutes before closing. We'll have to see how they feel in the morning and take them in then if need be. There haven't been any fevers. My only fear is that if I go into labor tonight, they could be restricted from seeing the baby.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#2 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 PM

Oh man poor little sickies. I hope they are all feeling better and it is just a cold.

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#3 of 8 Old 06-14-2010, 11:35 PM

DDCC I've heard a LOT of people complaining of the same symptoms only to be told "It's probably a virus" and left to let it run it's course. I hope the kids are feeling better soon!

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#4 of 8 Old 06-15-2010, 12:33 AM

We actually rescheduled the c/s (the first rescheduling) because Cora was sick. Turned out to be allergies, but better safe than sorry.

Hoping they feel better, AND that you don't go into labor tonight! Be sure to wash your hands a lot and not kiss them on the mouth, so YOU don't get sick.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#5 of 8 Old 06-15-2010, 07:28 AM

Could it be allergies? I hope so!
My 4yr old woke up w/ a cold yesterday so I'm hoping this baby holds off her arrival until he's less contagious. Good luck!
#6 of 8 Old 06-15-2010, 12:02 PM

How are they feeling today?

I put my 2yr old to bed to wake up to him having a fever of 101.2. He didn't act sick at all yesterday and today he is totally acting like himself. I just took his temp and it is normal. He does have slightly swollen glands. I really hope he gets over this fast. I don't wan't a sick bugs around when a newborn is to be born anytime. Hope yours are feeling better!

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#7 of 8 Old 06-15-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

I think they're sick, but not sure whether to take them in or not. Tevin said his tummy hurt this morning and his throat still felt funny. Cadence is still coughing and has a runny nose. I haven't really asked Sam how she feels, but she slept really late which is terribly uncommon for her. I think we might go in to the Quick Care and have a rapid strep test done. At least then if it is something that can be made less contagious we can do something about it. I'd hate to have the baby and then realize that they have strep which could have potentially been contained a bit more. My kids have very strange symptoms of strep generally. Sam has only ever had a sore throat or fever maybe once when she had it, but more often than not it gives her a tummy ache or a headache.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#8 of 8 Old 06-15-2010, 03:31 PM

I hope they feel better asap! There is a tummy bug going around my house, I cleaned up throw up in my son's room that had splattered all over his bookshelves, under the bed drawers and walls for about an hour last night...I will be 39 weeks tomorrow, I'm hoping I too can hold off a few days on labor to make sure this crap is gone from my house!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page