Weekly chat - June 21 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello mamas! How is everyone doing? Did you do anything fun for Father's Day?

Our weekly chat has been superseded by all the babes! How fun. But I miss you.

Over here, Father's Day was pretty tame. We actually made it to church - on time, showered, and wearing make up! - with both boys. Then we rested in the afternoon, and friends came over to play and grill out in the evening. I didn't have much to do with this part besides the eating.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#2 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 PM

Hey gang!

Finding time to post has been well difficult!

Congrats to all the new mammas!

Baby is doing well, and I managed to stick to breastfeeding 9 days in now Though my right nipple is swollen like crazy..she latches on like a baracudda! I am gonna talk to the LC at the WIC office on monday about it I need some relief on that side.

nothing special for fathers day, we are all to wiped out

"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain
#3 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 PM

We stayed low key at home. Gardened. Made & froze more food stuffs. Took a long walk in the hot humidity, which turned my hands into huge baseball gloves!

Lots of on and off actions over here. Slight nausea started yesterday when eating...kind of just a general turn off to food. Lots of BH, some very painful, some just a non-painful tightness. No increased CM. No show. I felt intuitively like she'd be making an appearance within the next three days, but now I'm starting to wonder. Just keeping on, keeping on.

Week 39, tomorrow!
#4 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 PM

woooohoooo, on the breast feeding aslyn! That is so fantastic-awesome. I knew you'd do it!
#5 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 12:49 PM

Yes, great news on the breastfeeding! Congrats.

I am 39+2 today and am super-obsessive about checking for signs of dropped mucus plug. My last baby was born at 39+1, so yesterday I was READY. Baby is still OP, so my BH contractions are pretty painful in my back. I am hoping that he/she is just waiting to come out until he/she figures out how to turn over. As long as I don't have the horrific back labor I had with my first, I am really looking forward to labor. I am having a hard time planning any activities because I think that this labor will progress quickly. I do think that my girls need to get out on a playdate soon, though. They are getting pretty contrary with each other lately.

Father's Day was great. We got to try out some of the grass-fed beef we just got from a cow share and it was fantastic. I am trying to eat a lot of iron this week as I have a history of hemorraging. I made two pounds of beef jerkey that is really hitting the spot right now!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#6 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 02:08 PM

Yay on the breastfeeding!!!
Father's day was pretty mellow. We went to the Farmers market then came home cleaned up the house and watched a movie.

We actually have some sun today! Hope it sticks around this week!! I am so so so sick of the gloomy rain!

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#7 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 02:09 PM

39w 2 days over here and not a whole lot going on. I think I'm going to be pregnant forever! Ugh! Father's day was good, we did some yard work and then went to dinner later. I'm starting to get a little grouchy again but overall I feel pretty good. Just waiting....

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#8 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 02:38 PM

Hi guys I'm going to try to re-join the world a little, at least the online world....
Callie is 6 days old, I'm still on bedrest so we pretty much lay on the pull out couch and sleep and nurse and snuggle I'm so in love with her! I like to rub her sweet fuzzy almost bald head

For father's day I laid in bed as usual. I felt bad that I couldn't do anything for DH and he brought ME breakfast (and lunch, snacks, and dinner...) in bed. I think he might take the big girls to see Toy Story 3 this week as sort of a belated father's day thing. My friend watched my girls for me on Saturday and she had them do this cute craft with their handprints for my DH, I'm so glad because I hadn't even had the energy to get some paper and crayons out for the kids!

Ok, she wants to nurse again, hope everyone is doing well!

mama to August May (8/06) Liberty Kiana (7/08) and Calliope Rose (6/15/10)
#9 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 03:25 PM

40+3 today, waiting on my mw to come see me in a few hours...

Yesterday was a great day for Father's Day...got up early to make dh breakfast and open presents before church, then lunch out and a big walk downtown before coming back home and BBQing steaks. I had some pretty hard cx while out yesterday that made me actually wonder if baby might be coming sooner than later, but they didn't last too long. But I am starting to lose my mucous plug so that's not a bad sign! No bloody show yet though...for me that has always meant baby within a day or so!

aslyn - woohoo on the breastfeeding!! Hang in there...once you get past the initial tenderness, it shouldn't hurt at all...you just gotta get through...and if it doesn't pass then investigate yeast.

Christina I'm with you on hoping for a nicely anterior baby with no back labor this time! I'm doing what I can positionally, and praying LOTS.

mama_moose - your little girl is SO squishy and sweet!!!! It was so great to read your amazing birth story. will you actually get to find out the pathology on the clot/mass, or will it remain a mystery/speculation?

Well, I'll get back to my tidying...and post later if there is any news from my mw. I don't know if she'll offer a sweep/check but I am curious enough (without any real expectation of progress lol) to accept.

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#10 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 04:16 PM

Aw, sounds like everyone has had a laid back Father's Day weekend! We did nothing, stayed inside. The day before though we loaded up the whole family (our first outing as a fam of 5) and headed to the outlets. The Children's Place had their monster sale so i got the kids 4th of July outfits as we intend on finally getting familyportraits done. Then we headed over to Carters, which also had a HUGE sale. We hadn't bought any clothes, except the ones i tie dyed . . . so we got about 9 outfits for $33 at Carters. I never realized how cute boy outfits are lol! Then dh went to Aeropostale and treated himself to some outfits for Father's Day.

We are exactly 2 weeks old today. Ryder has been having a heck of a time regulating his night times and i'm wearing thin. He has been nursing almost every 30 mins which is impossible for me to get much sleep. I also am getting over mastitis and a kidney infection, the abx are making his poor tummy miserable. Poor guy. I've had to start pumping because my oversupply is just sitting in my breasts despite taking sage. I'm getting about 7 oz after a nursing session, but i'm trying to only pump 3 times a day.

I also think PPD is starting to rear it's ugly head. Which i am annoyed with. Going to have to look up and see if i can start SAM-E while breastfeeding. I feel so foolish admitting to it, but i'm irratable, exhausted, annoyed, and crying a lot. Poor dh doesn't know what to do, but i know it will pass. I think all the pregnancy hormones dried up and my poor brain is trying to get use to it!

MW is coming this afternoon. I'm excited to see what Ry's weight is at. At his 1 week check up he was back to 9 lbs (his birth weight) and with how much he's been eating i know he's been gaining rapidly. I am so glad i never bought any newborn diapers or clothing lol!

Congrats to all the new babies and mommy's i hope you're all enjoying your babymoons! And to those waiting, sending you gentle peaceful birthing vibes!

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#11 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 05:46 PM

Oh, congrats on all the babymoooners out there! So glad you are enjoying your wee ones! Aslyn, go, go, go on the breastfeeding!!! As a mama who went to 2.5 years with DS, I can tell you, it is SO worth it. Hang in there! It will get less painful, I promise.

Aka mommy, sorry you are having the opposite problem! Just thought I'd chime in with you and say that Ive been taking 200mg of Sam-E this whole pregnancy. My midwife says that if your body responds to it, that means its missing something without it, so take it as you like. I tried 400mg at first, but it made me edgy. 200 is much better. That and fish oil and the crazy anxiety/depression I felt last pregnancy is simply gone. Its so liberating.

AFM, ugh. I can't get anything done I want to get done! I'm 39+4 today. We had a GREAT 3rd birthday party for DS on Saturday, a really relaxing fathers day yesterday. This morning though...well, DH was up all night with some stomach bug. As DS and I are heading back home to drop off some things mid errands this morning, HE starts throwing up and did 3 more times. My MIL who was here this weekend is also sick. Great...stomach bug. Just what a nauseous about to pop pregnant lady needs...So yeah...so much for that DH being at my beck and call so we can get ready thing. He's now passed out on the couch, DS is watching a video and the cloth diaper washing has been replaced by cleaning the puke out of everything.

Never a dull moment .

S, mama to boy M(6/07) and baby girl R(7/10). We do all the good natural family living stuff!
#12 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharr610 View Post
Oh, congrats on all the babymoooners out there! So glad you are enjoying your wee ones! Aslyn, go, go, go on the breastfeeding!!! As a mama who went to 2.5 years with DS, I can tell you, it is SO worth it. Hang in there! It will get less painful, I promise.

Aka mommy, sorry you are having the opposite problem! Just thought I'd chime in with you and say that Ive been taking 200mg of Sam-E this whole pregnancy. My midwife says that if your body responds to it, that means its missing something without it, so take it as you like. I tried 400mg at first, but it made me edgy. 200 is much better. That and fish oil and the crazy anxiety/depression I felt last pregnancy is simply gone. Its so liberating.

AFM, ugh. I can't get anything done I want to get done! I'm 39+4 today. We had a GREAT 3rd birthday party for DS on Saturday, a really relaxing fathers day yesterday. This morning though...well, DH was up all night with some stomach bug. As DS and I are heading back home to drop off some things mid errands this morning, HE starts throwing up and did 3 more times. My MIL who was here this weekend is also sick. Great...stomach bug. Just what a nauseous about to pop pregnant lady needs...So yeah...so much for that DH being at my beck and call so we can get ready thing. He's now passed out on the couch, DS is watching a video and the cloth diaper washing has been replaced by cleaning the puke out of everything.

Never a dull moment .
This is good to hear about the Sam-E! So far ive found nothing contradictory so im going to have dh pick some up along with some omega 3 today. I took 5htp after my surrogacy and it worked wonders for me, but was disappointed to read its not good for nursing moms.

I hope your ds gets better asap. Seems everyones LO's have been getting tummy bugs, no fun!

#13 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 07:32 PM

Well, there seems to be quite a lot of action in the July DDC.. I stopped by there, seemed to have a lot of new babies!

And on a different note, any babies born today (or after) will be cancers! My dh is a gemini and I was not looking forward to having another one in the house.

One gemini is enough for me.
#14 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 07:39 PM

Just finished with my mw appt...all looks well, BP nice and low, fundal height was 42cm! I have a big boy in there...time to come out little guy!!

homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#15 of 22 Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoikoi View Post
Well, there seems to be quite a lot of action in the July DDC.. I stopped by there, seemed to have a lot of new babies!

And on a different note, any babies born today (or after) will be cancers! My dh is a gemini and I was not looking forward to having another one in the house.

One gemini is enough for me.
I was dreading having a gemini. I have an old friend who is a gemini, we aren't in contact much and as soon as i found out i was due in the gemini time i was not too thrilled lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by at_the_hip View Post
Just finished with my mw appt...all looks well, BP nice and low, fundal height was 42cm! I have a big boy in there...time to come out little guy!!
Does fundal height say much about size? I've always been curious, i measured right on for the first time (always measured small with the last 3) with this pregnancy and ds was 9 lbs. But i had a TON of water, i mean loads. We were all shocked when my water broke how much there was!

#16 of 22 Old 06-22-2010, 01:00 AM

Dh and Ds1 are both Gemini! They keep me on my toes. ;P

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#17 of 22 Old 06-22-2010, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
Does fundal height say much about size? I've always been curious, i measured right on for the first time (always measured small with the last 3) with this pregnancy and ds was 9 lbs. But i had a TON of water, i mean loads. We were all shocked when my water broke how much there was!
I think that it can definitely be from a lot of water too. We're kind of going by measurements from my other pgs coupled with the fact that there feels like a lot of baby in there. When he moves, I feel BODY, and he's not moving too much, kwim? That being said I'd be happy for him to surprise us and be a little smaller than expected! LOL

#18 of 22 Old 06-22-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
Aw, sounds like everyone has had a laid back Father's Day weekend! We did nothing, stayed inside. The day before though we loaded up the whole family (our first outing as a fam of 5) and headed to the outlets. The Children's Place had their monster sale so i got the kids 4th of July outfits as we intend on finally getting familyportraits done. Then we headed over to Carters, which also had a HUGE sale. We hadn't bought any clothes, except the ones i tie dyed . . . so we got about 9 outfits for $33 at Carters. I never realized how cute boy outfits are lol! Then dh went to Aeropostale and treated himself to some outfits for Father's Day.
I am so jealous of having access to outlets!
#19 of 22 Old 06-22-2010, 05:21 PM

Is anyone else that is waiting suffering from tail bone pain? Usually that bothers me AFTER the birth so I am a little perplexed...

#20 of 22 Old 06-23-2010, 12:10 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe it is because he is so big?

OK, so I had the time and energy to post the thread, but the kids have kept me on my toes since then! DS1 is still adjusting, though doing well. He's nursing 3-4 times in 24 hours. DS2 is still in the lovely newborn period of sleeping 20 hours a day. Though I swear he is already easier than the first. He has his awake times during the day, which is super handy.

Another benefit of nursing two - I just realized I haven't really been super engorged (just heavy and tight the first week), no need to use Lansinoh or anything. Sweet.

Oh, had our 2 week WBV yesterday, DS2 weighs 9 lb 3 oz. At 2 weeks DS1 weighed 9 lb 1 oz. I know we've got some hefty kids in this DDC, but I was proud.

#21 of 22 Old 06-23-2010, 01:50 AM

Congratulations on the b/fing. We are 3 weeks 3 days in ourselves. I'm hoping that we can keep it up, but I'm still not producing enough, even with the Reglan, Zoloft, and natural herbs. I can only pump about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 oz. And baby Merrick will easily eat 3-4 oz in one feeding.

Merrick is doing extremely well. He is now 7.8 lbs. That is 4 oz above his birth weight, which is awesome considering he lost almost a pound after birth. He seems to be recovering from his surgery very well. His circ is healing nicely (I still kind of wish that we didn't have to have him circed, but I totally understand the dr's reasonings. He told us he personally doesn't like circs, unless medically necessary). And we should be going home either next Tues or Wed... at least that is what I am hoping.

DF is still out of town, and will be until July 7th, so we didn't get to spend Father's Day together or our Anniversary (which was the 17th) but we are going to make up both once he gets back. I told him on the phone the other day that Father's Day is just a date that we can celebrate ourselves. I did make him a gift though. The "March of Dimes" group gave all the mother's in the NICU plates to decorate and then they put pictures of each person's baby in the middle. I was so happy to make a gift instead of buying one for DF. I also have started Merrick's scrapbook, so that's pretty cool.

Other than that, nothing new has gone on. I found out today (I posted on a seperate thread) that my mother was taking my girls to Muskogee OK to see my dad instead of coming down to Austin to see me and Merrick for a few days. It really upset me and hurt my feelings. I'm not mad at her, just really hurt. I never get to see them, much less see my girls. And they have only seen their brother for a few mins last time they were here and on pictures at their dad's house.

Gina: Wife to BrandonMommy to Azlea Noel 1-7-04, Valerie Raelle 9-28-05 and Merrick Lux born 5-29-10. S/m to Riley 6-27-02[/COLOR]
#22 of 22 Old 06-24-2010, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

you are having one heck of a month, pepper-gina!

here, just plain wore out. ds1 getting up more at night, nursing two kids, haven't figured out the new routine yet. fortunately i have a ton of friend/family support.

ready to get back to normal. i am not a 'baby person'. i love mine, but definitely looking forward to next year, when there is walking/talking/helping put on clothes, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page