SO quiet! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 06-24-2010, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow it is so quiet on our board...have most of the mamas already delivered??

I'm 41w tomorrow and hoping NOT to make it to July! LOL 3 separate migraines with auras in the last 24 hours are making me actually look forward to labour...

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#2 of 22 Old 06-24-2010, 11:06 PM

I hear you! I am still here at 39 + 5 just waiting for these irritatingly frequent BH contractions to turn into something. Come on full moon magnetism!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#3 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 12:14 AM

It has been quiet! I am 39+3. I am sick of being pregnant... waiting patiently though...

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#4 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 12:36 AM

I'm here too ladies!! I'm 40+2 and did have have contractions for a couple of hours last week. Unfortunately, I learned at that point that my midwife would be unable to come to my labor because of a family emergency and we think that's probably what stopped it. We were going to have a midwife I've met but never really gotten to know. I'm concerned, 'cause I think I may be leaking now. I tried the lie down for awhile and rise and feel for a gush trick, but mostly they're not gushes just trickles, and it doesn't really happen after I get up. I also tested the pH, but it's pretty acidic. I did start wearing panty liners and this last gush was pink tinged. Does anyone else or have you in a previous pregnancy suspect/ed or know/n they're leaky? I took castor oil with my first at 42 weeks. I feel like doing it again now just to get this kick started. I'm super well hydrated--I drink 3-4L of water a day, so I'm not too worried about running low just y'know infection, etc.

food is my favorite is my sweetie, papa to 8/07 due 6/10 10yo no eggs yet!
#5 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

marziechar I had leaking with my last dd, #4. It started the night before, similar to what you mention. I started early contractions through the night and slept through most, then when I woke up at 8am I was sure it was the day...called the midwives around lunchtime and had baby by dinner! The main thing is to keep everything out of your vagina...if you do that, the risk of infection is minimal.

homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#6 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 03:02 AM

I'm still kicking around, bored & hormonal & uncomfortable. Due date is today but I have a history of going way overdue. Hoping that this kid makes his or her arrival earlier then his/her super post-dates siblings. Nothing going on to give me any indication of impending labour, but that is par for the course for my 2nd & 3rd births which were sudden and quick once they started.

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
#7 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 AM

I am still here! 40 + 2 today. I've been having some period-like cramps this morning with lower back ache, & at my appt on Wed. my hb midwife felt me having a contraction as she had her hands on my belly - but that didn't hurt at all, and I've been having quite a few contractions like that which feel totally different to me than period cramps. I guess I'm unsure what I'm feeling because this is my first.

My Mom is an acupuncturist and she will be doing points starting today to supposedly help bring on labor. She says it is supposed to start labor within 2-3 days if you do the points each day...we will see! But then again my Mom was late with all 3 of her kids (almost 4 WEEKS late with my sister!!*?) so I am really hoping I don't follow that pattern! I feel good overall and there are still things on my to-do list (aren't there always??) but I am getting more easily fatigued now & would love this baby to come anytime...preferably before July, lol!
#8 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 10:02 AM

Hi - I'm mostly a lurker, but thought I'd chime in to let you know you're not alone! I'm at 40 + 3 today, which has surprised me greatly since my last showed up at 39 weeks on the dot. I was sure this baby would be out by now, and she keeps faking me out with contractions that start up and then go nowhere. I never in a million years thought I'd need to ask this, but what has anyone's experience been with castor oil? Do you think it's more / less drastic as an induction technique than having your membranes swept? Thanks ladies, hope everyone is doing well!
#9 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 10:03 AM

I'm here too! 40 weeks tomorrow. I've been having on and off menstrual type cramping, thought last night when I got up to pee I had 2 ctx that took my breath away. Lots of pelvic pressure and low back ache too. Guess we'll see what the full moon brings!

~Yvonne
Mama to nine.

#10 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 AM

40 weeks tomorrow too...just waiting right now. I know it could possibly be two more weeks but emotionally I can't allow myself to think that far ahead! One day at a time! At least I have the World Cup to keep me busy-we're in Brazil and it is a BIG DEAL here. I feel like I get through stretches of time by thinking of the next time Brazil plays then the next time USA plays...

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#11 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 10:26 AM

still here at 40+1. waiting not always patiently - only for the past couple of days have i felt truly uncomfortable and really ready for labor to commence. we are also hoping for some magic from the full moon.

fwiw, our midwife cautioned us from trying castor oil stating that she has seen many unhappy mothers and unhappy babies from that process.

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10
#12 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 AM

I'm here! 40 weeks on the nose today. Last night I felt a few contractions after a major acupuncture session, good walk and garden work. This morning, I'm still pretty crampy.

I keep hoping for a Sunday babe(tomorrow is a b-day party of one of DS's good friends and also DS's actual birthday). Tomorrow is a full moon with a partial lunar eclipse. I'm thinking a good time to go into labor and then have the babe in the wee hours of Sunday . Ah, if they would only do it as we plan, right .

Castor Oil will only work if you are on the cusp, in my opinion. I did it last time, but only when I was 42+3. I wouldn't try it any earlier than 42 weeks, personally, if at all. It totally didn't work for me.

I'm a huge fan of acupuncture with someone who specializes in womens/pregancy health. Also chiro can help make sure the hips are all lined up right to get the babe in the right position to fall down, put pressure on that cervix and get things started.

Good luck, ladies!!! May the full moon help us all!!!!

S, mama to boy M(6/07) and baby girl R(7/10). We do all the good natural family living stuff!
#13 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Thanks for the castor oil responses - I was leaning away from it (have heard many stories about lots of intestinal troubles and poor results), but my midwife mentioned that she recommends it at around 42 weeks as a last resort before a hospital induction. I think I will stick to walking and pressure points for now - good luck everyone!
#14 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 12:35 PM

Still here, also 40+2 today. Started having more intense tightening with my BH ctx. yesterday and realized they were patterned, about 10 minutes apart. Kept up through the night and got crampier. Today, still 10 minutes apart but definitely more intense. Hoping for a full moon baby.

treehugger.gif
#15 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 12:47 PM

Here, lurking.. nursing at keyboard, mostly!
#16 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 01:08 PM

I'm still here too. Just trying to keep busy. I have a MW visit today. I am either 40 wks +5 LMP or 40+1 Ovulation. Think I might go for a long walk with the kiddos today. Hope to be reading more birth stories soon

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#17 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 02:17 PM

41w3d here. Grumpy, tired, and hormonal. I'll spare you all from a long, whiney post though. It could get ugly.
#18 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 04:24 PM

I'm mostly a lurker here, but I'm also 40w+3d.

Hoping for a full moon baby here too!! My midwife recommended nipple stimulation for 20 mins on, 20 mins off til something happens.. So we'll see!
#19 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 04:27 PM

My Mom is coming up to stay until baby comes (my due date is tomorrow). I really hope that the baby comes soon so that I don't have to deal with the guilt of her missing weeks of work! My first baby was born 41+2 and my second was 39+1. I just figured this one would come before my due date. No offense, but I don't want to be in your shoes, Ashleep!!! I hope your baby comes TODAY!!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#20 of 22 Old 06-25-2010, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleep View Post
41w3d here. Grumpy, tired, and hormonal. I'll spare you all from a long, whiney post though. It could get ugly.
I'm with you!!! 41w and I have a cold. ( My theory is that as soon as my nose clears, baby will come! LOL

#21 of 22 Old 06-26-2010, 10:30 AM

lol, no offense taken! I don't want to be in my shoes either!

Tomorrow is my birthday, and for some reason I really hope baby gets its own birthday. Not because I don't want to share, but I want baby's day to be just for him/her. Maybe to a kid it won't matter and I should stop worrying about it, but I'm so stinkin' hormonal and sensitive right now I can't stop thinking about it.
#22 of 22 Old 06-26-2010, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter

41w1d and still here! I haven't quite kicked my cold though so I wonder if that's what is holding us back...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page