I saw my OB this morning and he told me that he wanted me to come to the hospital to have my waters broken and a "little pitocin". At which point I started to cry. I told him that I really wanted to avoid that scenario and I'd like to try membrane sweep again (tried it once last Thursday - got cx every ten minutes, then it stopped). He consented to my plan and then asked if I would at least to a non-stress test in the office before I left. While waiting for the test, I started getting cx every 8 minutes. They showed up on the monitor too...The decreased to every 5 minutes about an hour after that - when DH and I took a very long walk around the neighborhood.
Please, please, please let this be it!!! If I don't give birth by Thursday, I have to be induced on Saturday morning...I don't want it to come to that!
Send me , PLEASE!
Good luck and go eat some spicy chinese food and have some orgasms!
Wife to James , Mama to Sara and Robbie
398/2013, 2/200, 4/52
Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.
I'm so f-ing scared because I'm allergic to just about every pain medication out there. I know that if the induction results in a c-section that I will have no way to control the pain. Two weeks of uncontrolled pain after gallbladder surgery on 2008 was horrible - I can't imagine having to deal with that as well as having a newborn to care for.
To top it all off, my mom has to go back to work next week. She took all of her vacation time to be with me these past two weeks - even though I kept urging her to go back to work when the baby didn't come...So I'm not likely to have any post-partum help, apart from DH. And while I love my DH, he pretty much plans on using his parental leave to pain the house, not to care for me and the baby 24-7.
Losing hope here...
Sending out massive birth vibes!
Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned