Could it be.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-29-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...that I'm FINALLY in labor?! I've had cx every 5 minutes for the past 3 hours. Before that, they were 8 minutes apart for a couple hours. I'm 42+1 today and I REALLY need this to happen!

I saw my OB this morning and he told me that he wanted me to come to the hospital to have my waters broken and a "little pitocin". At which point I started to cry. I told him that I really wanted to avoid that scenario and I'd like to try membrane sweep again (tried it once last Thursday - got cx every ten minutes, then it stopped). He consented to my plan and then asked if I would at least to a non-stress test in the office before I left. While waiting for the test, I started getting cx every 8 minutes. They showed up on the monitor too...The decreased to every 5 minutes about an hour after that - when DH and I took a very long walk around the neighborhood.

Please, please, please let this be it!!! If I don't give birth by Thursday, I have to be induced on Saturday morning...I don't want it to come to that!

Send me , PLEASE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 PM

Thinking of you and sending easy labor vibes to you. My midwife says taht her sure-fire labor inducing technique is to schedule a NST and talk about hospital induction. Worked like a charm for me!

Good luck and go eat some spicy chinese food and have some orgasms!

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

Old 06-29-2010, 11:11 PM

My fingers are crossed for you mama! I went into labor the day before I was due for an induction. I joked with my OB that baby girl knew she was about to be evicted and wanted to vacate the womb on her own terms. I hope your little one also gets the message and will be in your arms soon!

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:00 AM

I think that you are definitely there! Good vibes coming your way!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 AM

keep us posted!

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Old 06-30-2010, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter

Damn, they stopped. Come on baby, work with me or we're going to be induced on Saturday!
Old 06-30-2010, 04:43 AM

I'm hoping that things will start up again for you once the quiet of the night hits.

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:51 AM - Thread Starter

I decided not to leave it to chance. I had a big glass of juice to get hydrated and now I'm hooked up to the breast pump for nipple stimulation...
Old 06-30-2010, 09:23 PM

did it work?

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
Old 07-01-2010, 06:31 AM - Thread Starter

For a while, cx stopped yesterday morning at around 10am. I'm at the end of my rope here...Today is the deadline that my OB gave me. If he doesn't come today I'll be induced on Saturday.

I'm so f-ing scared because I'm allergic to just about every pain medication out there. I know that if the induction results in a c-section that I will have no way to control the pain. Two weeks of uncontrolled pain after gallbladder surgery on 2008 was horrible - I can't imagine having to deal with that as well as having a newborn to care for.

To top it all off, my mom has to go back to work next week. She took all of her vacation time to be with me these past two weeks - even though I kept urging her to go back to work when the baby didn't come...So I'm not likely to have any post-partum help, apart from DH. And while I love my DH, he pretty much plans on using his parental leave to pain the house, not to care for me and the baby 24-7.

Losing hope here...
Old 07-01-2010, 07:36 AM

That just stinks.

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:30 AM

C'mon baby!!!!!! Listen to your mama!!

Sending out massive birth vibes!

Me (40) DH (49) daring DD (9) and darling DS - almost THREE! (born June 25, 2010 in an amazing, unplanned homebirth.jpg

Old 07-01-2010, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks.

User Tag List