June babies hanging around til July - whats the deal?!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there are a bunch of us here, just waiting and waiting and waiting. What are we all doing to pass the time or encourage our little ones' arrivals?

I'm 40+6 and grouchy as all get out. I'm trying to keep in a positive head space. I've been taking my EPO & RRL. Yesterday I went for a pedicure to spoil myself a bit. I wish I knew someone around here who did reflexology or acupuncture because I might be tempted to try even that. Waking up pregnant each morning is so disappointing.

So what is everyone else doing? Who all from the June ddc is still hanging around waiting?

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatmommy View Post
Waking up pregnant each morning is so disappointing.
This! Ugh! I'm so in denial about the fact that this kiddo isn't here yet! I can't believe it's July! He was supposed to be here two weeks ago! Now I'm starring at an impending induction, scheduled for Saturday. I just want to cry buckets...

My last pregnancy was so perfect and I had a wonderful natural delivery. This time I've had nothing but trouble from day one and now I'm facing a possible C-section if things go badly on Saturday. I'm really freaking out about this. Especially since I cannot tolerate pain medications due to my allergies. So recovery is going to be slow and very, very painful if it comes to that.
#3 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 05:01 PM

I was officially due on the 28th, but I joined the July DDC from the beginning, figuring I'd go over again. And I did, but it really isn't helping me now that I'm at the end! Expatmommy that is exactly how I feel--every morning I wake up and am disappointed. It did NOT help that last Thursday the baby dropped and I was having contrax, and we thought that was it...and he managed to scoot back up and the contrax stopped.

Sigh. He dropped again two days ago, but no more real-feeling contractions, now they are all very obviously BH's. I've tried (so far) spicy food, nipple stimulation, sex, cleaning, walking, and more nipple stimulation. All I've accomplished is a clean-ish house, sore nipples, and heartburn.

My distraction right now is food. I keep going out and getting pretty much whatever I feel like eating, which was fine at first but is getting expensive. I'm obsessed with the new Taco Bell margarita flavored slushies, and I've also gotten all kinds of yummy fresh produce and snacks and and and...

At least my OB is good about this stuff, I'll get a NST at my next appt, where I'll be 41+4, but he won't start talking induction until I'm officially 42 weeks.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#4 of 10 Old 07-01-2010, 07:47 PM

I'm here! 40+6 with the chance of losing my homebirth on Monday looming over me . On top of it all, my midwife is now dealing with family health issues. While I totally understand, it kinda gets in the way of that, 3 more days? conversation I was going to have with her. I can tell she is going to be ready to pass me off to the OB .

But lots of cramping today and even a few big contractions. Midwife will be here soon for a quick membrane sweep and then off to day 3 of acupuncture.

Rebeccalizzie, OMG, I'm WITH you on the food thing! We are spending so much(that we don't have!) on take out right now! I just took myself out for the all you can eat Indian food buffet for lunch. Spicy curries, right? .

I'm doing acupuncture, sex, walking, EPO(oral and vaginal), RRL, driving on bumpy roads, squat walking, birth ball bouncing, chiro...basically going broke for this HBAC...

S, mama to boy M(6/07) and baby girl R(7/10). We do all the good natural family living stuff!
#5 of 10 Old 07-02-2010, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Somehow I miscalculated my overdueness yesterday & realize that I'm actually one more day overdue then I thought. I'm 41+1 today. I had another NST today; babe was happily moving around but no sign of any contractions at all.

I'm trying some eggplant parm tonight. Meh, I don't really believe the hype but its not as big a hassle as some of the other 'guaranteed' methods of starting labour.

Mom of 5: dd (10), ds (8) & dd2 (4), my sweet baby son born still 3/2/09, and celebrating the arrival of our dd 5/7/10.
#6 of 10 Old 07-02-2010, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Sigh. 41+6. It has come to this: tomorrow night they are starting induction. They'll use Cytotec starting at 11pm through the night, as long as me and baby tolerate it. At 8am I'll be rechecked by my OB and we'll decide whether we want to go forward with Pitocin or skip to a c-section. If it appears the baby hasn't moved at all into the birth canal, we'll probably go to the c-section as she seems to think there's a reason he's not dropping down (possibly a large torso related to my diabetes). If he's dropped down at all, we'll go to a full induction and see how things go. Hopefully all will go well!

Me + DH + Daniel (7/5/10)
#7 of 10 Old 07-02-2010, 11:59 PM

I am more of a lurker here, but I'm 41+3 today.. Have been for a NST and a bio physical profile u/s to check on baby. Lots of Mucous plug the last few days since I've had two stretch and sweeps done by my midwife. Here they will give me til 43 weeks before I have to have a hospital birth.. From the progress I made between the two stretch and sweeps we're hoping it won't be nearly that long though!
#8 of 10 Old 07-05-2010, 04:41 PM

Well the problem is you all fell for the 40 week myth...lol The average is 41 weeks which leaves a lot of 40 and 42 and all the way to 44 weekers. Personally I think the whole medical community needs to do away with the 300 year old formula that decided 40 weeks was it when actually 42 weeks is more of a full term pregnancy. I had a 40 weeker a 41 weeker and a 42 weeker. So hold on and it will be here before you know and they you will wonder why the rush after a week of no sleep...lol Even after that I too still wish this baby here even though I am only 38 weeks. I find cleaning the house takes my mind off it all.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#9 of 10 Old 07-07-2010, 02:27 AM - Thread Starter

My babe finally arrived at 41+4w. She was born after a relatively short labour & we are so thrilled.

#10 of 10 Old 07-09-2010, 08:41 AM

Congratz expatmommy!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page