Anyone kind of miss being pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 03:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Obviously, this doesn't apply to anyone who actually *is* still pregnant.

It's funny, I spent so much time ready to just be DONE with the contractions, hip pain, constant internal assault. Tonight, though, I'm feeling a little sad that I will probably never be pregnant again. I'm loving the getting my body back part (I keep glancing at myself in the mirror and getting really excited that I can see where my ribs are again) but I'm also a bit envious of the pregnant women I see and the excitement and anticipation they're going through. On the same note, I am super excited that I scheduled my 6 week appointment for August 13, where I will get an IUD put in. Never thought that at 2 weeks out from a c-section I'd be looking forward to sex again.

Interestingly, I'm also having a night where I am just so in love with my baby. I can't sleep and I'm waiting for her to wake up to be fed so I can snuggle with her.

I guess I'm all over the place right now. Gotta love hormones and pain pills.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#2 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 05:30 AM

DDCC...

I sometimes felt the same way after having DD. Anytime I was away from her, even for a little bit, I would miss that feeling of always having a little buddy right inside me, or even kicking me! It was like having an imaginary friend to talk with all the time, only she was real.

Also, I went from being the center of attention and being fussed over to being milk cow for the "blessed anointed one" (1st grandchild on both sides!). Of course I thought DD deserved to be treated like a princess, I just thought I'd be getting the royal treatment and attention, too! I wasn't ignored... but it just wasn't the same as being pregnant, either

Change is hard... hormones are hell. You'll adjust! But for you until you do!

Loving being a stay at home mamma to DD 10/07, and newly arrived DS 7/26/10
#3 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 11:04 AM

NO! This pregnancy was SO HARD, between m/s the first tri while chasing around a 13 month old nursling, to partial bedrest for the previa from 20 weeks on, I LOVE not being pregnant!

And then I have friends who are 12 and 20 weeks pregnant, going in for ultrasounds, and I feel a little wistful. Pregnancy is magical and mysterious, and I like that part of it. But I'm not missing it quite yet! Ask me again in a year.

Mama to Nov '08 and June '10
#4 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 11:51 AM

Hard to believe but yes... I absolutely adore my little one and am SO happy she's here but I miss feeling her inside. I miss the kicks and swishes and even my gi-normous belly. I miss the kind smiles from strangers and shamelessly indulging in treats and naps (who begrudges a pregnant chick a little gelato?). I even miss the weekly visits to my OB, who I got really close to over the course of my pregnancy.

Still, I much prefer having Zoey at my side than inside. She's such a sweet, precious creature!

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#5 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 12:07 PM

I am totally sad about it. Sad about not being pregnant, sad about missing my OB and his nurse, sad that I don't get to look forward to giving birth anymore, sad that my baby is already growing SO fast and losing his newborn-ness.....I'm really bummed that I didn't get any pictures of me pregnant or in labor.
I've even been thinking "just one more" but in reality Max is probably my last. :-(

Edited to add: My perspective is a little different than most moms in this DDC. My oldest is 17 and will leave for college in a year. I also have two stinky teenage boys-not to mention the rest of the crew. Every single moment of every day I am reminded just how amazingly FAST this all goes. Katie turned 17 only a few days before Max was born. It still seems like yesterday I was impatiently waiting for her (42+1) and bringing her home, nursing her, waiting for her to roll, crawl, walk etc....

Max and big bro:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...6/jackrawr.jpg

Max has already learned:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11/kmomto6/rawr.jpg

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10
#6 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 12:23 PM

nak...

i think yes! i was sick for so long, but really i felt good most of the time-even at the end. i really loved my midwife and my first hb was just about perfect. even the weeks of prodromal labor led to an easier birth.

dh really didn't want a third, but he's head over heels in love with stella and is already talking about a fourth and that was NEVER in our plan. we'll see!

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#7 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
No way! Esp having her inside me at the end. She kicked me so hard! This whole pregnancy is one I hope I never have to relive. This month has been the first time in nearly a year that I feel like my body is getting back to normal. I do look forward to the next pregnancy, but would not go through this one again for anything (except, of course, a precious baby - I wouldn't trade her for anything, either). Hopefully Karina will be 3 or so by the time we have the next one.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#8 of 17 Old 07-10-2010, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Karen, that is the cutest thing!

After I wrote this last night, I was thinking that maybe in 5 1/2 years...my kids will be 16, 11, 7, and 5. I really liked having our first two 5 years apart. And I'll only be 35. That is exactly why I am getting an IUD rather than just having my tubes tied during the section. Gotta leave those options open for awhile.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#9 of 17 Old 07-11-2010, 05:17 AM

I don't miss pregnancy at all. Even with an extremely high needs, colicky newborn. I look at my pictures of being pregnant and don't love myself so much. I feel huge and miserable just looking at the pics. But i havent been able to come to a place of peace with this being our last. But at the same time, i don't want to jinx myself. I got the amazing gentle birth that i had been wanting with the last 3. . . but dont want to do it again and risk not being at this place i am at now. It's hard, and i think it is what makes us women. And with that i can find peace. I realize we are made this way and for now i am content. Our family is wonderful and i thank the heavens for giving me this gift of a 3rd child. For now i am very content, but then my easiest pregnancy wasn't with my own child. And i highly doubt i'll ever be a surrogate ever again lol

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#10 of 17 Old 07-11-2010, 04:44 PM

Are you kidding!? NO WAY - At least this time around! I missed being preggo with my first - he was a super easy pregnancy and a difficult baby. But this time, I had a terrible and LOOONG pregnancy and was so ready to be done and holding my little one. It also helps that he's a much easier baby then DS1.
#11 of 17 Old 07-12-2010, 01:51 AM

I do

I tolerated my first pregnancy, kinda liked my second pregnancy and I have to say that I really loved this last pregnancy. They have all been great- not much difference in comparison...but I was at a different place in life with all three. I think it was the excitement leading up to my first UC and wondering how the birth would differ from my other 2. The birth this time was simply wonderful and I would love to have another UC sometime in the future. I think my DH would love to do it again too

So...we were going to stop at 2 kids....tried for that elusive girl...got another sweet boy...and now he's talking about 4 and 5...ROTFL!! I'm thinking 4 would be perfect I do want a bigger age gap though...3yrs apart would be nice....(Having 3 kids under 4yo.....wowsa it's tough.)

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#12 of 17 Old 07-13-2010, 01:20 PM

some days yes, some days no. I definitely miss being pregnant. I loved it. Every freaking moment of it. But having another kid is beyond my level of...well...anything. We only wanted one kid, but I resisted having DH get snipped because I wasn't at a place of peace about never being pregnant again. And then I got pregnant with DS. Which we're really happy with and our family feels complete and DH will be getting snipped in a few months.

But I still grieve a bit at the idea of never carrying new life inside me, of never again feeling those secret little nudges and bumps in the night that woke me and made me smile and giggle. I'm actually tearing up a bit as I type this. I'll miss it so damn much. I'll miss this stage of my life, the full vessel briming with a powerful feminity, the excitement and wonder of growing a baby and the inner power and strength I had at birth. I will grieve a bit, I think, for the rest of my life. Never have I felt more comfortable in my own body, more at peace with myself, than when I was pregnant.

Off to cry a bit, then play with my two beautiful children...

hippie.gifWife to blowkiss.gifJames , treehugger.gifMama to Saraenergy.gif and Robbie bouncy.gif
knit.gifread.gifgeek.gifgd.gifh20homebirth.giffamilybed2.gif  398/2013, 2/200, 4/52

#13 of 17 Old 07-13-2010, 01:40 PM

NO. WAY.

When i said i was done with being pregnant, i really really meant it. I am loving my little babe so much, the only thing i'm sad about is having to go through another pregnancy to get my next little babe!
#14 of 17 Old 07-14-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triana1326 View Post

But I still grieve a bit at the idea of never carrying new life inside me, of never again feeling those secret little nudges and bumps in the night that woke me and made me smile and giggle. I'm actually tearing up a bit as I type this. I'll miss it so damn much. I'll miss this stage of my life, the full vessel briming with a powerful feminity, the excitement and wonder of growing a baby and the inner power and strength I had at birth. I will grieve a bit, I think, for the rest of my life. Never have I felt more comfortable in my own body, more at peace with myself, than when I was pregnant.

Off to cry a bit, then play with my two beautiful children...

When we're finished having children I think I will feel exactly like this. I cried reading your post. It really hit me hard. Big Hugs Mama.

Crunchy Mama to 3 boys bikenew.gif'06  and superhero.gif '08  h20homebirth.gif  and  moon.gif '10  uc.jpg

And a brand new baby  babygirl.gif born 4/12 uc.jpg

joy.gifOur family is now complete  chicken3.gif

#15 of 17 Old 07-14-2010, 05:47 PM
jdg

I miss it much. I actually liked being pregnant, was not ready for it to be done, was so sad and distressed when doc said I had to be induced at 38w3d. Yes, I was tired and achy, but I loved the attention, and the pregnancy hormones were the best anti-depressant I ever had!

I will likely never have another one. As much as I love my daughter I am NOT a natural-born mother and never really saw myself having a child. But I miss being pregnant so much I've already thought about not getting my planned IUD so that I can surrogate in another year or two. *sigh* Two more weeks until the IUD goes in.

Jackie
#16 of 17 Old 07-14-2010, 06:16 PM

watched a baby story the other day of a homebirth & started bawling. I am mourning never giving birth again, just hadnt realized it. I still dont want the pregnancy lol. Just to give birth again. Sigh . . . going to have to learn how to find peace with it tho'

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#17 of 17 Old 07-17-2010, 05:55 AM

No.

I miss the idea that I'll never again bless another family with a baby. I grieve that aspect. But I don't miss pregnancy. Not at all.

And that's the first time I've been able to say I don't miss pregnancy! Amazing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page