Ack!!! Teething already!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-29-2010, 01:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Anyone else? DD is not even 3 mos old yet. She can't even reliably hold things into her mouth yet, but she is definitely teething. So far, she's still sleeping through the night, so I'm not complaining. I'm just a little dismayed she's starting so early.

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#2 of 13 Old 08-29-2010, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are you actually feeling them come in, or just going on symptoms?

My older one had what I would SWEAR were teething symptoms--fussy, chewing hands, drooling like a maniac, apparently tender gums--at 2 1/2 months and it continued off and on until he got his first tooth--at 7 months.

I do know of kiddos who start teething early, but I also know a lot of folks whose kiddos have the symptoms but don't pop any teeth for months.

Hang in there!
#3 of 13 Old 08-30-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curvyred View Post
My older one had what I would SWEAR were teething symptoms--fussy, chewing hands, drooling like a maniac, apparently tender gums--at 2 1/2 months and it continued off and on until he got his first tooth--at 7 months.
I think this is what I'm dealing with. DD has all the symptoms but our pediatrician says not to expect teeth for months yet. The fussiness is here and there but the hand chewing is ferocious. I'm not sure what, if anything, I should be doing for her. Mostly I just try to re-direct her attention with a toy. Sophie the Giraffe is a definite hit!

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#4 of 13 Old 08-31-2010, 10:54 PM

2whistle.gif

~The Mrs.-A.K.A Mommy loveeyes.gif ~
Happily married to 1 kewl.gif (4/4/2004) & SAHM to 3-DS(3) jog.gif ,DD1(6) notes.gif,DD2(1)babyf.gif

#5 of 13 Old 09-02-2010, 01:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
She's definitely having teething symptoms and chomps down hard on my fingers. She'll be 3 mos on the 8th. I talked to the lactation consultant and she said even if the teeth aren't close to coming in, a lot of babies can feel them moving in their jaw. I'm hoping she won't get any teeth for a long while yet. Mine didn't come in until I was 11mos.

Does anyone know - does all that extra drool upset their tummies? She bathed me in vomit once today and has spitting up a bit more lately. Or maybe it has to do with how much more active she's becoming?

Living happily and embracing adventures.
#6 of 13 Old 09-06-2010, 12:33 AM

We're dealing with teething. I didn't believe it and thought the fussiness, hand chewing,drool and other stuff was just . . .well i didn't know. But theni put my finger in his mouth and both myself and my good friend can feel his tooth on the bottom 'right there'. I am at a loss. My dd's didn't start teething til 9 months and both got their first teeth at 10 months. I don't know what else to do aside from the teething tablets.

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#7 of 13 Old 09-11-2010, 11:38 PM
jdg

My 3 1/2 month old daughter is also showing all the signs - and has been for nearly a month already! Fussy for no reason, chewing on everything (her hands, every toy she can get into her mouth, my fingers, and occasionally taking a chomp on my boob when she's done nursing), lots of drool. No teeth yet, though, and I'm really hoping it stays that way for a while!

Jackie
#8 of 13 Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 PM

Hi! Has anyone tried an amber teething necklace for the fussiness? I got one for Zoey and it really seems to have helped!

Working mama to a wonderful baby girl. Married to a really sweet guy. Just trying to do my best.

#9 of 13 Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 PM

2whistle.gif

~The Mrs.-A.K.A Mommy loveeyes.gif ~
Happily married to 1 kewl.gif (4/4/2004) & SAHM to 3-DS(3) jog.gif ,DD1(6) notes.gif,DD2(1)babyf.gif

#10 of 13 Old 09-16-2010, 11:44 PM

Where do you get a decently priced teething necklace for a 3 month old? I'm so paranoid about them getting strangled though i know they are magentic clasps. how does this work? As i know they are suppose to wear them constantly to be effective?

#11 of 13 Old 09-17-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
Where do you get a decently priced teething necklace for a 3 month old? I'm so paranoid about them getting strangled though i know they are magentic clasps. how does this work? As i know they are suppose to wear them constantly to be effective?
I got Zoey's from Amber Artisans:

http://www.amberartisans.com/

And am really happy with it. It's very well made, the beads are individually knotted so they won't scatter if the necklace breaks and it's easy to get off and on. I double wrap it around her ankle at night because I have the same fears about strangling but I know a lot of mamas who never take them off except for bathing.

I noticed a difference in Zoey's teething behavior about two days after I put the necklace on her. She still drools and gnaws but she doesn't seem anywhere near as uncomfortable and this is coming from someone who was truly doubtful about the necklace's effectiveness.

Hope this was helpful!

Zoey wearing her necklace:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Mr.Sutto...39283397383010

#12 of 13 Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolleLynne View Post
I got Zoey's from Amber Artisans:

http://www.amberartisans.com/

And am really happy with it. It's very well made, the beads are individually knotted so they won't scatter if the necklace breaks and it's easy to get off and on. I double wrap it around her ankle at night because I have the same fears about strangling but I know a lot of mamas who never take them off except for bathing.

I noticed a difference in Zoey's teething behavior about two days after I put the necklace on her. She still drools and gnaws but she doesn't seem anywhere near as uncomfortable and this is coming from someone who was truly doubtful about the necklace's effectiveness.

Hope this was helpful!

Zoey wearing her necklace:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Mr.Sutto...39283397383010
Thank you! I never even thought to put it on his ankle! You're so smart. I will be investing in one asap!

#13 of 13 Old 09-20-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
Thank you! I never even thought to put it on his ankle! You're so smart. I will be investing in one asap!
No problem! I got the idea from seeing pictures of amber anklets. I just tuck Zoey's into her little sock to keep it close to her skin and she's good for the night!

Hope amber works for your little one as well!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page