More? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-20-2010, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So any of you ladies who thought without a doubt that this was your last baby, rethought that stance?

We were so done, i was so miserable, the morning sickness was so awful and the birth was painfree and too perfect. But at 3 months, we are already in the groove as a family of 5. We are both shocked at how much easier it came to us this time around, i'm sure it helps that the colic only lasted about a month (whereas it was 4-6 months with my other 2). Dh even stated the other day, "With a baby as cute as you RyRy, it's hard not to want another one, I'm so glad i didnt get a vasectomy!". We both just looked at each other in shock because we've both been really enjoying this and are thinking that maybe we don't want a small family.

We aren't jumping into anything, finances wont allow it lol. But suddenly a family that seemed complete, seems wide open once again. I'm in complete amazement. Anyone else been going through this?

Is this just what 3rd babies are like? Or is it easier because of the wide age gap (older 2 are going to be 7 & 5 in a few weeks)? Or is it my age (I just turned 30 in April and feel like it's really a great age and place to be at) that is enabling me to enjoy the baby stage for the first time and really loving having a 3 kids and hopeful to have more?

Loving mom to 2energy.gif ,1jammin.gif , & 1dog2.gif . Surrodaughter 4/09
#2 of 13 Old 09-21-2010, 01:45 PM

Well i knew DD2 wouldn't be my last, but i am enjoying the baby stage WAY WAY more this time. I finally get why people have several kids!

I actually liked all of it, the midwife reminded me after DD was born i said "that was amazin' let's do it again!" to DH, all smiles. And the midwife siad "what right now!?" and i replied "well, let's get the placenta out first".

I too turn 30 next month and feel like i'm hitting my prime as a woman. Old enough to know better and young enough not to care
#3 of 13 Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM

I would love more!

mama to 4 kiddos, wife to one awesome man!  DH of 13yrs, DS 5/01,dd 5/05, DS 3/08, DS 6/10
#4 of 13 Old 09-21-2010, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

I adored the birth and labor, it was practically perfect and amazing. And i don't want to jinx myself lol! I love that, and i totally agree, 30 is my prime too!

#5 of 13 Old 09-22-2010, 11:05 PM

It depends on the day

Wyatt is an easy baby. Happy as a clam most of the time and just a fat jolly little guy so I think "why jinx this" we are good now. I'm balanced, but yes sometimes I just think "maybe one more, ONE MORE.." It makes me sad to think I'll never be pregnant again/experience home birth again/have a newborn again.

blogging.jpg    fambedsingle2.gif  homebirth.jpg  read.gif  happy momma to DD 8/07 and DS 6/10
#6 of 13 Old 09-23-2010, 01:59 AM

We think this was our last. I've mentally prepared for her to maybe be our last. I'm happily selling my maternity clothes and giving away all the boy baby clothes to a friend. But there was no way I could get my tubes tied while I was in for the c-section, dh isn't getting a V, and I haven't completely ruled out another at some point down the road. I, too, just turned 30 in April. I hate the "OMG, you have FOUR children?" and the dirty looks I get when we go out in public. I love the foot in mouth looks that I get when we just have the little girls and some idiot will mention "what a perfect little family. 2 sweet little angels" and then we say "oh, we have 2 more. They're in school."

Our older 2 keep begging us to have another. I don't mind pregnancy really. I'll almost certainly have another c, which I don't look forward to. I adore the baby phase and I'm actually getting really sad that she's almost 3 months already. But I have an IUD in and if it does its job we should have 5 years to decide.

Tiffany, loving wife to Matt, Mommy to Samantha (10/99), Tevin (8/04), Cadence (6/08) and babymooning with our sweet little Lauren 6/24/10
#7 of 13 Old 09-23-2010, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanoodle View Post
We think this was our last. I've mentally prepared for her to maybe be our last. I'm happily selling my maternity clothes and giving away all the boy baby clothes to a friend. But there was no way I could get my tubes tied while I was in for the c-section, dh isn't getting a V, and I haven't completely ruled out another at some point down the road. I, too, just turned 30 in April. I hate the "OMG, you have FOUR children?" and the dirty looks I get when we go out in public. I love the foot in mouth looks that I get when we just have the little girls and some idiot will mention "what a perfect little family. 2 sweet little angels" and then we say "oh, we have 2 more. They're in school."

Our older 2 keep begging us to have another. I don't mind pregnancy really. I'll almost certainly have another c, which I don't look forward to. I adore the baby phase and I'm actually getting really sad that she's almost 3 months already. But I have an IUD in and if it does its job we should have 5 years to decide.
That totally makes me think of people who say "OHHH, you got your boy" and then i say "No we were hoping for a dozen girls". Annoys me to no end. DS was a COMPLETE surprise. I double ovulated the month he was conceived and dh and i had zero plans of conceiving ds. So it really annoys me when people say that. My favorite comment (which i've gotten 7 times now, yes i've counted) is, "You're family is complete now that you have a boy" after them seeing my 2 girls.

sorry, total tangent. I've gotten really annoyed at people assuming that our lives weren't complete and happy without a boy. It's not about the gender for us, it's about the family cohesiveniss.

And now, we are both scratching our heads at the realization that we are open to more!

#8 of 13 Old 09-23-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka mommy View Post
That totally makes me think of people who say "OHHH, you got your boy" and then i say "No we were hoping for a dozen girls". Annoys me to no end. DS was a COMPLETE surprise. I double ovulated the month he was conceived and dh and i had zero plans of conceiving ds. So it really annoys me when people say that. My favorite comment (which i've gotten 7 times now, yes i've counted) is, "You're family is complete now that you have a boy" after them seeing my 2 girls.

sorry, total tangent. I've gotten really annoyed at people assuming that our lives weren't complete and happy without a boy. It's not about the gender for us, it's about the family cohesiveniss.

And now, we are both scratching our heads at the realization that we are open to more!
oh, goodness.....you wouldn't believe the number of people that have asked us if we're still going to try for a boy! We're not done, and we'd love a boy, but no more than we'd love another girl!

Alexas , Wife to Bobby , mama to Macie Quinn(6)dust.gif Emery Pearl (3)energy.gifand Baby Boy due in July belly.gif

#9 of 13 Old 09-23-2010, 06:40 PM

I'm rarely out and about with all of mine. It is usually some combo of older kids and Max.
Often it will be my 4yo girl and Max. Or I'll have my 9 and 11 year old girls and 2 year old boy and Max. I get comments all.the.time...oh you have a boy and a girl, how perfect or you have two boys and two girls...how lucky!!! You can imagine their faces when I correct them that I have FIVE boys and FOUR girls.

BTW, remember that OB who left me high and dry? I had switched to her after her partner-my regular doc-deployed?
Well I ran into the deployed docs former MA who I was tight with during my pregnancies-we have plans to do lunch soon. She lives near me and we chatted at he grocery store. Nice OB is back from Iraq \0/ safe and sound and so is his son. J. wasn't surprised that Dr. Van did that to me as she never liked her much anyway. tee hee. I told her the whole story and now I know that Dr. M will hear about what happened since I am SURE no one else told him. Love.love.LOVE to be a fly on that wall. deployed doc once drove 40 miles to visit me at a hospital he didn't even practice at...just to see how I was, what his partner did never.ever would have happened had I still been his patient.

Karen, homeschooling Catholic mom to 8. #9 due 6/10
#10 of 13 Old 09-23-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumcrunch View Post
! You can imagine their faces when I correct them that I have FIVE boys and FOUR girls.
#11 of 13 Old 09-24-2010, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexaskj View Post
oh, goodness.....you wouldn't believe the number of people that have asked us if we're still going to try for a boy! We're not done, and we'd love a boy, but no more than we'd love another girl!
We constantly got that! Then when i was pregnant the favorite question was "So you tried for a boy?" And they'd be severely disappointed when i told them we hadn't been trying and i had no clue if it was a boy or girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediumcrunch View Post
I'm rarely out and about with all of mine. It is usually some combo of older kids and Max.
Often it will be my 4yo girl and Max. Or I'll have my 9 and 11 year old girls and 2 year old boy and Max. I get comments all.the.time...oh you have a boy and a girl, how perfect or you have two boys and two girls...how lucky!!! You can imagine their faces when I correct them that I have FIVE boys and FOUR girls.

BTW, remember that OB who left me high and dry? I had switched to her after her partner-my regular doc-deployed?
Well I ran into the deployed docs former MA who I was tight with during my pregnancies-we have plans to do lunch soon. She lives near me and we chatted at he grocery store. Nice OB is back from Iraq \0/ safe and sound and so is his son. J. wasn't surprised that Dr. Van did that to me as she never liked her much anyway. tee hee. I told her the whole story and now I know that Dr. M will hear about what happened since I am SURE no one else told him. Love.love.LOVE to be a fly on that wall. deployed doc once drove 40 miles to visit me at a hospital he didn't even practice at...just to see how I was, what his partner did never.ever would have happened had I still been his patient.
That's awesome. I'd love to shock the pants of people with some witty response, but i don't have 9 kids lol!

And i'm so glad your doc got home safe and that he's going to be able to hear how it went. Big hugs

#12 of 13 Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 PM

I was the one really fixed on a third and DH was supportive when the time came, but he really agreed because it was important to me to have another baby. The day before I had Stella he was the one saying how our older two have each other (less than two years apart) but Stella was all by herself 4.5 years younger than the middle. I felt like he was putting the pressure on for another! During pushing I distinctly remember thinking "never again"! The Stella arrived and DH is so in love (and so am I, but I didn't know he would be this into it!). Pregnancy was easy, birth incredible, and I am at my lowest weight since before my first was born. It's hard not to think "oh, just one more!". However, I really love my life and my family as it is. I still have distracting thoughts about a little baby boy, but for the most part I think our family is complete! I am enjoying every single minute of this sweet baby though!

Mama to Noah and Sophie and Stella 7/4/ 2010
#13 of 13 Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 AM

I think I would really love another, but I worry about my age (I'm 35 now) and if we'd really be able to afford it - and I HATE that's a factor in our decision. I work full-time and both of my kids are in daycare 4 days a week, so the payment is more than our mortgage! I've had wonderful, wonderful pregnancies and Alice's birth was amazing so I can't quite totally say we're finished..but I worry about how truly feasible it is. We probably won't try for another until she's at least two, but still, I think about another often.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page