Forum Jump: 

#61 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 01:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My symptoms so far:
Tired
Gassy
Really really loose stool. I'm either sensitive to milk or wheat this time around and I don't know which one. Of course, I remember being really constipated last time in the 3rd tri, so maybe this isn't so bad.
Sensitive nipples while nursing
Peeing a lot
Really thirsty all the time and dehydrated.

I didn't get nausea until 8 weeks last time, so I've got about a month to enjoy this. Hoping it happens AFTER Thanksgiving.

Mommy to DD March 2008, DS July 2010
#62 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

Dear Body:

ENOUGH WITH THE PEEING ALREADY!!! SRSLY.

Thank you,

Me.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#63 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 03:38 AM

This is my second time pregnant and I feel no different than normal, just like I did the first time. My husband was the one who noticed that I was eating greasy food which is what I did with my first pregnancy. Normally I don't eat fast food, chips or anything of that sort but I finished a can of Frenchie's French Fried Onions in one day so he suggested a test.

My house is next to a walnut orchard and they fertilized it this weekend with cow manure. I can't go outside with out it knocking me over but I think it's just the smell in general not pregnancy nose.
#64 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorasMama View Post
Dear Body:

Thank you,

Me.

DS is finally STTN after weaning and I'm waking up to pee. So not fair!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#65 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 09:25 AM

Still at 8DPO, but also experiencing round ligament pain, especially when holding my babes on my hips. I've had to put them down quickly and stretch because OUCH!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#66 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 AM

Going on 6 weeks in two days and I feel great! I mean my breast are a little sore and my emotions are on a all time high, The store had some laundry soap on sale and ran out, all I did was sit in the car, hands over face and SOBBED lol. But other than that...feel pretty good!
#67 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 01:57 PM

I could tell something was different this month because my boobs started hurting days after I'd O'd. Now my boobs hurt constantly, I'm only a little more tired and I've had some bouts of indigestion.

But I'm thrilled to be having these symptoms!!!
#68 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 02:22 PM

Argh, I'm driving myself nuts with "I dont' really have any symptoms yet!" even though I'm what, just over 4w? And of course, if this is a sticky baby, the first symptom will be nausea. Now why would I want to hurry that along?

Grumble.

I'm going to try and enjoy having no symptoms, and try not to worry about it!
#69 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorasMama View Post
Dear Body:

Thank you,

Me.
exactly! ugh, it makes it so hard to stay hydrated when i don't want to drink for fear of having to pee 7 jillion times an hour, at least.
#70 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM

meat is eeking me out. sushi is just fine, but meat is making me :Puke

which is so sad, because we just stocked th freezer with 40 lbs of choice tri-tip, and dh is an excellent bbq'er.

i'm feeling like i may revert to vegetarianism this pg.
#71 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 03:06 PM

I have big sore boobs, though not unbearably sore--just feel like they do before I get AF. The last couple days it seems like I've been having these little passing muscle twinges in my lower abdomen and very tops of my thights--anyone else experienced something like that? Finally--THE CONSTIPATION! Most gentle laxatives are safe to take during pregnancy, right?

I'm going to try the Moon Drops--I've always thought the package was pretty in the health food store but never bought them because they're kinda pricey. But I have a long history of insomnia--not terrible, but enough that I get really, really anxious about getting to sleep. Lately, the waking up in the night has been worse than falling asleep. For years I've taken a very mild sleep aid called Trazodone, but my doctor told me it's a no-no during pregnancy, and I should take Benadryl instead. I'm a little freaked about this, because I have a total complex about sleep deprivation--all my anxiety centers around it. But I'll have to figure something out.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#72 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
I'm going to try the Moon Drops--I've always thought the package was pretty in the health food store but never bought them because they're kinda pricey. But I have a long history of insomnia--not terrible, but enough that I get really, really anxious about getting to sleep. Lately, the waking up in the night has been worse than falling asleep. For years I've taken a very mild sleep aid called Trazodone, but my doctor told me it's a no-no during pregnancy, and I should take Benadryl instead. I'm a little freaked about this, because I have a total complex about sleep deprivation--all my anxiety centers around it. But I'll have to figure something out.
If the moon drops don't work, ask your doctor about unisom...I have long history of insomnia too and my dr recommended that when I was pg with DS.
#73 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 04:14 PM

slgt - SO happy to see you here! Well, not in this thread in particular, but in the DDC

Well, I think I was particularly down and emotional when I made that last post, I think I'm doing a lot better than that over-all. I was just feeling so damn depressed right then

So I whine and sob about feeling like and then what happens? I felt pretty darn good Thursday and Friday last week, a little iffy in the morning, and then pretty fine. So then what? omg panic!! I was so worried and freaked out. I ended up taking a test Friday night and it was a million times darker than my last test, and then the next day I had extra-ultra feeling horrible puking all day. I just can't win either way!

My breasts are just starting to get sore so I am still trying to appreciate all the relatively pain-free nursing sessions

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#74 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellebelle View Post
If the moon drops don't work, ask your doctor about unisom...I have long history of insomnia too and my dr recommended that when I was pg with DS.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! She also said if the Benadryl route really didn't work, she would consider prescribing Ambien.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#75 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 04:24 PM

Oh, and I know the amount of throwing up and nausea I had my last pregnancy certainly was way out of the bounds of "normal" pregnancy sickness, and every time I think about it I am so glad I was with the midwife I am, am so grateful for the way she handled it and pushed me through it. I'm just glad it stopped around month 5

Shortly after DD was born my.. uh.. step-sister-in-law got pregnant with her first. She's quite mainstream and she couldn't stand the throwing up, she wasn't nearly as sick as I had been, she refused to even try any of the number of things I suggested she could try to help with it (I swear they weren't weird) but she'd been hospitalized for a while to watch her and then sent home on various prescriptions, of which either lasting effects on pregnancy were unknown, or were know - to be harmful. She was hooked up to a fluid IV and had a nurse come to her house every day to change the fluids and what not.

I don't know, maybe this doesn't cause the same reaction in other people as it does me, it obviously wasn't for her, she felt she was doing all the right things, but I found the entire thing TERRIFYING and so scary and it would have been about the worst nightmare I could have imagined for my pregnancy.

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

#76 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 05:11 PM

I have sore boobs and slight nausea here and there, but nothing too extreme. Plus I wake up early in the morning and can't go back to sleep!

OT - Juise, I'm glad to see another vegan mama in this thread!

Vegan mama looking forward to meeting my baby in July 2010!
#77 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 07:36 PM

I'm adding "voraciously hungry" to my list. And I swear my boobs are growing, but i keep thinking, "well, maybe the baby is just nursing less or something..."

I finally bought a test today, but I'm waiting until tomorrow a.m. to test. Then I will know if I'm actually in this DDC, or just driving myself insane imagining symptoms... argh! the suspense!

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#78 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 09:09 PM

becksteracious - yay someone to share ideas and things with

I forgot I was going to say, on constipation, liquid chlorophyll is a really great, natural, gentle, easy solution. I drank it all through my last pregnancy. I was actually taking it to help with my systemic yeast issue, () but it's also great for constipation and I believe it, as I never once experienced an issue with it that pregnancy. It doesn't taste bad, but it kind of tastes like you're drinking the lawn It's just really good for you in pregnancy overall anyway, it helps to oxidize your blood and a whole bunch of other neat things. It's not too expensive, either.

#79 of 112 Old 11-03-2009, 11:30 PM

Hi Juise! Good to see you here - we share 2 DDCs! I saw your post on our other one, it was very cute that you were too excited to post lest you break the news!

I know it's silly to worry until it's a problem, but I dread, dread, dread the thought of the debilitating NVP. I made it through the first 20 weeks by basically coming home & collapsing on the couch. Now, I have a very energetic toddler as soon as I"m done with my workday in the afternoon, and who wakes me up around 5 every day....I'm already trying to decide if I'll take Zofran this time around, if it comes to it.

Last time, I used unisom & B6 & acupuncture, all of which made it so that I could get through most days, sort of. Maybe, maybe, maybe I won't be sick this time around? Or maybe it will only be morning sickness? Anyone else worrying about this?
#80 of 112 Old 11-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise View Post
becksteracious - yay someone to share ideas and things with

I forgot I was going to say, on constipation, liquid chlorophyll is a really great, natural, gentle, easy solution. I drank it all through my last pregnancy. I was actually taking it to help with my systemic yeast issue, () but it's also great for constipation and I believe it, as I never once experienced an issue with it that pregnancy. It doesn't taste bad, but it kind of tastes like you're drinking the lawn It's just really good for you in pregnancy overall anyway, it helps to oxidize your blood and a whole bunch of other neat things. It's not too expensive, either.
I used to work at a health food store and tried the liquid chlorophyll--I really liked it! Does taste like the lawn, but it was somehow sooo refreshing. I'll have to try that...laxatives are a no, right?

#81 of 112 Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanca78 View Post
I used to work at a health food store and tried the liquid chlorophyll--I really liked it! Does taste like the lawn, but it was somehow sooo refreshing. I'll have to try that...laxatives are a no, right?
I think laxatives aren't the best because they stimulate the bowl but stool softeners are fine. Something like colace or miralax which aren't t absorbed by the body (they pull water into the colon) or something like metamucil (not a softener) to bulk up the stool.

Good old prunes/prune juice are an option.
#82 of 112 Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 AM

UGH, I just had the worst day yet. Nauseated all day, feeling like complete crap, and I've had a headache since last night that won't go away. And in fact got much worse tonight. Can I just sleep for the next 7ish weeks? Please?

I really really hate feeling like this.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#83 of 112 Old 11-04-2009, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

I know I've said it before, and I'm becoming a real whiner about it, but seriously, the peeing is ridiculous! I can't sleep, because I'm peeing every 20-30 minutes, and even after I fall asleep, I'm waking at least every two hours to pee. I'm not drinking a crazy amount of water, either. I'm drinking 2L/day, which is the minimum for my weight, and not much more than I was drinking before, plus 16 oz of vegetable juice.

bjorker, I feel for you. Between my nausea, my hunger, my heartburn, and my lactose intolerance, my gastric system is all akimbo lately. I'm finding that chewing gum is helping in addition to the pepcid. I'm going through nearly a pack a day. The pepcid helps with the heartburn and to some degree the nausea, and the gum helps with the nausea.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#84 of 112 Old 11-07-2009, 02:35 AM

my first symptom was heightened sense of smell, which was odd as i was just getting over the flu, and i hadn't tested yet. my appetite decreased but then i put it down to the flu.

Monday i got my bfp, and it was like a switch was flipped, and i am soooooo tired, like i could cheerfully sleep 23hours, eat shower pee, and sleep some more. Ugg the house is a pit, laundry and dishes backed up, and my toddler is running around in sposies, because I need to go to the laundromat to strip out the minerals that our hard water deposits in the fibers-right now the ammonia stink makes me vomit not to mention how stinky it is for the little guy wearing them.

but, my appetite has come back with a vengence. I figure that I should indulge now, before the all day sickness really kicks in.

oh, yeah, anyone see where i put my keys, coat, car, cat, kid?....

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#85 of 112 Old 11-08-2009, 07:25 AM

Seriously hungry and peeing all the time. I skipped pages 2,3, and 4 of this post because I started feeling nauseous!
#86 of 112 Old 11-08-2009, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juise View Post
Tell me about B6!

I'm officially withdrawing my comment about being happy about all the horrible symptoms. Maybe I was trying to trick myself, or maybe it's because I feel like I should be, but I am not happy about the way I feel. Is that okay?

I'm really upset about how much my pain my body is in, I feel like I got beat up and my back broken. And I'm really upset about being so nauseous and pukey. I've already been puking all day every day for over a week now, (I do get a small break in the afternoon, a BIG improvement from my last pregnancy) and I just can't stop thinking about how long 3 months of non-stop feeling like and hugging the toilet is. I just feel miserable and useless and crappy. I don't know what I would do with DD if DH and I didn't both work at home, at least half the day I am absolutely incapable of being a care taker what-so-ever. (Can't do anything but slump over the toilet and puke a lot) Not only do I leave DH to do everything (We run a daycare form our home) but then he has to meet more needs for me as well. (water, water, water, tummy tea )

I feel so upset about how much time without my daughter I am spending, and she doesn't understand (she's 20 months,) especially when I have to tell her that mama can't nay-nay right now.

And I feel guilty for not welcoming what comes with the blessing of being able to make a baby in my body. I know there are women who who do anything to be where I am right now, sick or not. I feel like I should feel lucky, but I just feel crappy.
Responding to you before I finish the thread. It's ok to not be thrilled about feeling so awful. Really. It is. You can be happy about why you are sick without being happy you are sick. It's ok. I wave the magic wand of permission. Your feelings are always ok. Your feelings are never wrong.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#87 of 112 Old 11-08-2009, 12:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I'll join on the list bandwagon:

-sore nipples (nursing is unpleasant)
-exhaustion
-slight queasiness, but it's not too bad yet. If I eat regularly it keeps at bay. This is miraculous because last time I was sick for *months*.
-My abdomen is crazy sore. I can't wear my regular jeans already because they *hurt*. I had this problem at six weeks last time and this time it's happening at five weeks. Stretch pants, here I come. (I haven't gained any weight yet! I'm not bigger! WTF?!)
-headache. I've had a headache for days.
-I'm crying at the drop of a hat
-I feel like my husband would be better off without me. This is unusual for our day-to-day life but I felt like this all through the last pregnancy too.

My advice may not be appropriate for you. That's ok. You are just fine how you are and I am the right kind of me.

#88 of 112 Old 11-08-2009, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightkindofme View Post
-I feel like my husband would be better off without me. This is unusual for our day-to-day life but I felt like this all through the last pregnancy too.
Is there any chance you are experiencing depression?

Over here the leg cramps at night are fierce bad. This just started after I changed my PNV. I'm thinking it is probably related to a calcium/magnesium balance or something. Does anyone have any advice around supplementing to aleviate calf cramps?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#89 of 112 Old 11-08-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymum View Post
Seriously hungry and peeing all the time. I skipped pages 2,3, and 4 of this post because I started feeling nauseous!
did you know that you can change your control settings to see 200 posts per page? it's super awesome!

go into "user cp"
click on "edit options"
scroll down to "thread display options"
the 3rd option down lets you select from a drop down menu how many posts to display 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 100, 150, or 200

hth!
#90 of 112 Old 11-08-2009, 03:16 PM

Ugh, the discharge! So much of it! I keep thinking maybe I got my period and it's all over, but so far that's not it. Just lots of that leukhorrhea or however it's spelled.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page