Hello! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-21-2009, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Count me in!! Congrats to all of us!

I had implantation bleeding 2days ago. I tested last night and nothing. This morning a very faint line. I had implantation bleeding with my firstborn too, so that seems like a more positive sign than a faint line for me. I look forward to a more obvious line though! haha. I just called the midwives and they have booked me in! Woo hoo!

Looking forward to getting to know all of you, and the many more who will soon find out they are with child

Anyone still breastfeeding?

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-21-2009, 03:06 PM

Congrats!!!

I'm not still breastfeeding, but then again, my daughter is nearly 12. Keep us updated on how it goes, I'm curious. We want one more after this, and I'm not sure how long we're going to be willing to wait (I'm already going to be Advanced Maternal Age with this one in a few weeks).

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#3 of 10 Old 10-21-2009, 04:52 PM

Yay! Congrats and welcome!!!

I'm not bf'ing either. My dd "self-weaned" at 18 mos, but I had battled low supply for over a year at that point and basically had nothing left. I continued to let her nurse until she stopped asking, though. Anyway, that's one of the things I'm ultra paranoid about, being pregnant again. I have to figure out how I'm going to best prepare myself and my body so that hopefully won't happen again.

My is still pretty faint too. Luckily I still have plenty of cheapo tests I can pee on for peace of mind (or just paranoia? i dunno...).

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#4 of 10 Old 10-21-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorker View Post
Yay! Congrats and welcome!!!

I'm not bf'ing either. My dd "self-weaned" at 18 mos, but I had battled low supply for over a year at that point and basically had nothing left. I continued to let her nurse until she stopped asking, though. Anyway, that's one of the things I'm ultra paranoid about, being pregnant again. I have to figure out how I'm going to best prepare myself and my body so that hopefully won't happen again.

My is still pretty faint too. Luckily I still have plenty of cheapo tests I can pee on for peace of mind (or just paranoia? i dunno...).
Well, if this time is anything like last time, you'll have a ready supply of donor milk just down the road a bit! I had enough milk to feed a small army of babies.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#5 of 10 Old 10-21-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorasMama View Post
Well, if this time is anything like last time, you'll have a ready supply of donor milk just down the road a bit! I had enough milk to feed a small army of babies.

You have no idea how much I would appreciate that, if it came to that. I've had a few other mama friends tell me that as well, though their babes will be a little older by then, and I'm not sure if that changes the content of the milk a bit (?). Anyway, that kind of support makes such a big difference in my anxiety level about this situation, so thank-you.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#6 of 10 Old 10-23-2009, 11:51 PM

Hi nice to meet you...we have similar screen names! Congrats on your BFP. I'm still breastfeeding my almost 3 year old. We are down to twice a day and have been for some time so I don't see it ending soon. My heart is open to tandem if I can wrap my brain around it. LOL Seems like such a wonderful gift to give siblings.

Amanda - loving the love of my life C and our beautiful children. K#1 (3/02), K#2 (1/07) and newly expecting K#3 (7/10)
#7 of 10 Old 10-24-2009, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KaiMom* View Post
Hi nice to meet you...we have similar screen names! Congrats on your BFP. I'm still breastfeeding my almost 3 year old. We are down to twice a day and have been for some time so I don't see it ending soon. My heart is open to tandem if I can wrap my brain around it. LOL Seems like such a wonderful gift to give siblings.
Welcome KaiMom!! That's cool about our screen names! I bet it's get confusing for other ddc members But that's ok. Congrats to you on your pregnancy!

I am a bit worried about my breastfeeding relationship with my dd. I've heard that milk dries up during pregnancy or that the nipples/breast get too painful to continue feeding a toddler. She still nurses frequently, like a newborn really. She will be very upset if the milk runs out. Did you breastfeed during your last pregnancy? I'd love to hear about it if you did.

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#8 of 10 Old 10-24-2009, 09:26 PM

I am still breastfeeding my 20 month old. I breastfed till about halfway through my last 2 pregnancies - till my nurslings were about 2. I haven't enjoyed nursing during pregnancy so I encouraged mutual weaning. I haven't had any problems with this pregnancy so far but it's still early. I plan to BF till my son is at least 2 which will be about 1/2 way through my pregnancy. At which point hopefully we will be close to weaning...
#9 of 10 Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 PM

Hi there

I'm still nursing my 20 month old as well. She is also very, very nursing dependent and I am very worried about my ability to cope through breast soreness and losing my milk. I really want to make it past that. In the meantime, I am starting to pump so that she will still be able to have some milk when mine goes. We'll see how long I can deal with that, hehe, but for now it is the plan.

I think "too painful" is very subjective, and if your heart is in it, I think you'll be fine. After all, I cannot imagine it being more painful than the horrible bout of mastitis we nursed through early on, and we managed that

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#10 of 10 Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM

Hi! I'm nursing my 28 month old. She nurses a lot, all night and anywhere from 1 to 1 million times a day lol.
For the last several months i've really struggled when i had PMS and she nursed, and already her nursing feels nearly unbearable. I always had every intention of tandem nursing/CLW.... but... we'll see
Neither of us are ready for her to stop nursing, so i hope that it gets easier.

Good luck to you!

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page