Talk me down!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-26-2009, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a little freaked out b/c my temp took a dive this am. I haven't posted it in FF b/c It make it look inevitable that m/c will follow. I still feel pg (hunger and nausea). I am not going to temp anymore b/c it will freak me out more. Or maybe I should to reassure myself that it was only b/c my room was SOOOOO f'ing cold last night. Should I be worried?

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#2 of 10 Old 10-26-2009, 01:44 PM

ooh, mama. Just deep breaths, ok?

I'd stop temping if I were you. I wouldn't be worried. And I'd take a lot of freaking DEEP breaths!!!

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#3 of 10 Old 10-26-2009, 01:49 PM

I've never really temped before, so I'm not sure, but first of all try to be calm. I have read that if you are temping your temperature may stay elevated if you become pregnant, which to me implies that it also may not. I would think especially so if your room was really cold last night. I'm not sure continuing to temp will help clear things up for you, it sounds like a lot of excess stress to me, but that's me.

I don't have any suggestions for you, though, sorry Many loves, and good luck, I hope someone has a way to help figure things out for you.

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

#4 of 10 Old 10-26-2009, 02:23 PM

Did it drop below the coverline? I quit temping after I got a lower temp and thought I am not going to freak myself out with this.

Niki
DD 4 and cautiously expecting #2 EDD 6/28/10
#5 of 10 Old 10-26-2009, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknakmn View Post
Did it drop below the coverline? I quit temping after I got a lower temp and thought I am not going to freak myself out with this.
The first time I did it it did. I took it again b/c I didn't believe it. that was not below CL, it was .3 above the other temp.

**Meghan***Wife, Mother, L&D RN... DS Logan 9/05 DS Riley 05/07, and DS #3 Cian is here!!! 7/25 x3
#6 of 10 Old 10-26-2009, 03:15 PM

you are so cute!

but really stop temping.

wild.gifCrazy Chef-in-training baking wife(27) of geek.gif (32) mother of 2 energy.gif 11-21-03 & 9 - 13 - 07

#7 of 10 Old 10-26-2009, 08:15 PM

yeah, stop temping. Remember how it always tells you on FF that there are plenty of pregnancies without a tri-phasic pattern, ok? And too much can affect your temp (temp of the room, pregnancy insomnia/restlessness, mouthbreathing, etc.)

Just relax, and enjoy being pregnant. If you need some reassurances, get betas done.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#8 of 10 Old 10-26-2009, 10:43 PM

My temp did the same exact thing yesterday...my heart sunk. It was aweful so I know how you feel. I just had to know today so I temped today and it went higher then it had been before. Lesson learned...stop temping. Not a healthy thing for me to be doing right now. I'm not going to temp tomorrow but I probably will take a hpt just to see how dark the line is.

Amanda - loving the love of my life C and our beautiful children. K#1 (3/02), K#2 (1/07) and newly expecting K#3 (7/10)
#9 of 10 Old 10-27-2009, 05:59 AM

The first trimester is trying enough without second-guessing each day's temp. So stop temping!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#10 of 10 Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 PM

Hi, DDC crashing! I kept temping for several weeks after my BFP, and freaked myself out a bunch of times because my temp took a nosedive. I finally quit temping because it was making me insane, and I'm glad I did. Now I am almost 15 weeks and everything is totally fine!

Proud new mom to J, 12/14/2010! Miss you Basia. candle.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page