Mothering Forum banner

Red Raspberry Leaf Tea?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Juise 
#1 ·
Anyone else doing RRL? I'm having one cup a day right now, a lot of times I want more, but I think I've heard some different things about it. One cup a day early on / don't drink it early on / drink as much of it as you can early on, bah! And all of that hearing was done with my last pregnancy, so I don't remember details about any of them. I did tell me MW that I was having one a day and she said good, so I'm okay with that, but she didn't really give me any more info on it. We haven't had an appointment yet, this was just while I was setting up with her over the phone, so I don't know. I probably won't have an appointment until end of November, she's going to call me mid November to see how things are going and set that up.

So... anyone have any good, solid info on this?

See less See more
#7 ·
I googled RRL tea in German and English this morning. A lot of the sites I browsed through said it's good for m/s - 1-2 cups a day - but most say not to take it until 4 weeks before EDD, and then only 2-3 cups a day. I'm not suffering m/s yet, and even if I do, I'll be waiting until the third trimester before drinking this tea. I don't know if I'll manage to hold myself back and drink only 3 cups though!!!

#9 ·
I tried going to that tribe, and I panicked
it's really big. I know my MW encouraged me to be drinking it before my third trimester last time, so I'm not going to wait that long. I'm still doing 1 cup a day right now, I've heard that it is really supposed to help with making your baby sticky.

Anyone found anything else about this yet?

#11 ·
That's the thing, I do believe it is supposed to help prevent miscarriage

#12 ·
I actually went into the health food store today to ask about buying it in bulk.

By a cup a day, do you just mean a cup/teabag etc. or do you mean the whole loose leaf infusion thing?

I'm confused as to what is the correct method, or if it's all just "as long as you have it"

yeah. this is why I didn't do it last time. I don't know why it confuses me.

#13 ·
I am drinking a cup right now. My midwife said to go right ahead, and recommended a tea shop that makes a pregnancy tea. I can't remember what all is in it... RRL, and Dandelion is all I can remember. I plan on one cup a day, then stepping it up as we move along. Its nummy, and I'm cold, so it all works out!

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by othersomethings View Post
By a cup a day, do you just mean a cup/teabag etc. or do you mean the whole loose leaf infusion thing?
I am making one cup with one teabag per day right now. I don't know that it is the best way to be doing it, though.

I remember buying some dried, loose leaf bulk red raspberry leaves for my last pregnancy, but I never used them, I don't really remember why. I think I just kept them around wanting to figure out exactly what would be best to do with them and then probably forgot

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.