Red Raspberry Leaf Tea? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-30-2009, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else doing RRL? I'm having one cup a day right now, a lot of times I want more, but I think I've heard some different things about it. One cup a day early on / don't drink it early on / drink as much of it as you can early on, bah! And all of that hearing was done with my last pregnancy, so I don't remember details about any of them. I did tell me MW that I was having one a day and she said good, so I'm okay with that, but she didn't really give me any more info on it. We haven't had an appointment yet, this was just while I was setting up with her over the phone, so I don't know. I probably won't have an appointment until end of November, she's going to call me mid November to see how things are going and set that up.

So... anyone have any good, solid info on this?

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

http://thejuicery.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 10-31-2009, 02:13 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
my appointment with my mw is Monday evening. I was planning on asking her about that, so I'll let you know what she says! I am going to buy some pregnancy tea tomorrow, because it sounds so so good tonight, but I don't want to leave the house...
#3 of 14 Old 10-31-2009, 07:24 AM

No solid evidence but I drank 4 cups a day from 35-42 weeks with DS and had a 4 hr labor.

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#4 of 14 Old 10-31-2009, 07:48 AM

Now that is definitely something I want to look into. I really want to avoid a long birth (3 days) like I had with dd. Good-bye birth plan! Hello interventions!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#5 of 14 Old 10-31-2009, 11:48 AM

I drank it at the end of my last pregnancy but was wondering if it would be better to drink it the entire pregancy to get the full benefits?

Amanda - loving the love of my life C and our beautiful children. K#1 (3/02), K#2 (1/07) and newly expecting K#3 (7/10)
#6 of 14 Old 10-31-2009, 03:09 PM

This is something I'm curious about too. I wanted to start with a cup a day, but also heard various things about drinking it in the first trimester.

Mommy to DD March 2008, DS July 2010
#7 of 14 Old 11-01-2009, 05:49 AM

I googled RRL tea in German and English this morning. A lot of the sites I browsed through said it's good for m/s - 1-2 cups a day - but most say not to take it until 4 weeks before EDD, and then only 2-3 cups a day. I'm not suffering m/s yet, and even if I do, I'll be waiting until the third trimester before drinking this tea. I don't know if I'll manage to hold myself back and drink only 3 cups though!!!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#8 of 14 Old 11-01-2009, 02:25 PM

I know there's a big thread about this somewhere. I'll look.

Ok, found it.
Red Raspberry Leaf Tea Tribe

Happily muddled mom to baby Kiki, 11/2010

#9 of 14 Old 11-03-2009, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

I tried going to that tribe, and I panicked it's really big. I know my MW encouraged me to be drinking it before my third trimester last time, so I'm not going to wait that long. I'm still doing 1 cup a day right now, I've heard that it is really supposed to help with making your baby sticky.

Anyone found anything else about this yet?

rainbow1284.gifJuise - stillheart.gif Vegan-organic greenthumb.gif food-growing mama to dust.gif Kaia Hanako - 8 Feb 08, babyf.gif Katalin Reiah - 13 July 10, flowerkitty.gif 4x Little Furry Kitty Friends, chicken3.gif 11x Chickens, goldfish.gif Assorted Aquatic Life, and Wife to malesling.GIF Lee. computergeek2.gif

#10 of 14 Old 11-03-2009, 08:24 PM

I'm going to hold off (I have a history of miscarriage) for now, and ask my midwife in a few weeks at the next appointment.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#11 of 14 Old 11-03-2009, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

That's the thing, I do believe it is supposed to help prevent miscarriage

#12 of 14 Old 11-03-2009, 09:13 PM

I actually went into the health food store today to ask about buying it in bulk.

By a cup a day, do you just mean a cup/teabag etc. or do you mean the whole loose leaf infusion thing?

I'm confused as to what is the correct method, or if it's all just "as long as you have it"

yeah. this is why I didn't do it last time. I don't know why it confuses me.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
#13 of 14 Old 11-03-2009, 11:18 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I am drinking a cup right now. My midwife said to go right ahead, and recommended a tea shop that makes a pregnancy tea. I can't remember what all is in it... RRL, and Dandelion is all I can remember. I plan on one cup a day, then stepping it up as we move along. Its nummy, and I'm cold, so it all works out!
#14 of 14 Old 11-03-2009, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by othersomethings View Post
By a cup a day, do you just mean a cup/teabag etc. or do you mean the whole loose leaf infusion thing?
I am making one cup with one teabag per day right now. I don't know that it is the best way to be doing it, though.

I remember buying some dried, loose leaf bulk red raspberry leaves for my last pregnancy, but I never used them, I don't really remember why. I think I just kept them around wanting to figure out exactly what would be best to do with them and then probably forgot

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page