Sneezing, Itchy Eyes, Congestion, anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-19-2009, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OMG these have got to be some of the worst symptoms I have been having.

The sneezing isn't JUST sneezing. They are super hard sneezes that give me a migraine. Up to 200-300 a day, but it mostly happens at night. I end up wetting myself a few times every day because of the crazy-hard sneezes.

The itchy eyes are going to give me huge wrinkles for sure. I could just rub and rub and scratch my eyes until they are raw. The bad thing is that I know this is the worst ways to transmit disease (like the flu) I just can't help myself. I try and keep my hands clean, but I definitely can't keep my hands away as much as I try.

The congestion...OH the congestion. I can't sleep, I can't breathe, and I can't blow it all out! It is crazy because I could blow all day long and it doesn't change a thing because my nose stays the same!

As much as I would HATE to hear anyone else is going through this, I would also love to know I am not alone. It is just horrid!

Ashlee - wifey to Josh , mama to Gavin 9/2007 , and expecting a baby GIRL 7/20/10.
#2 of 8 Old 11-19-2009, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yep i'm here with you. mine is not so bad as yours sounds, but i have good and bad days. generally on my good days i'm just a bit stuffy and a little sneezy but on the worse days i'm pretty stuffed up on one or both sides and the sinus headaches kick in. on the bad days i do saline nasal rinses and steam inhales. i find eating lots of garlic and spicy stuff helps as well as drinking hot (non-caffeinated) beverages.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#3 of 8 Old 11-19-2009, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

expat- thanks for the tips! So what are you drinking, hot water with honey or lemon?

Saline rinses and sprays don't help me in the slightest!

Ashlee - wifey to Josh , mama to Gavin 9/2007 , and expecting a baby GIRL 7/20/10.
#4 of 8 Old 11-19-2009, 02:50 PM

I'm with you too! Today has been pretty good but on Sunday night I had such a sneezing fit that I started coughing and wheezing and it was awful!

The best thing I have found for it so far is to make a cup of herbal tea (especially one that has some sort of mint to it) and just put the darn thing under your nose and let the steam do it's trick. It saved my life the other night...

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#5 of 8 Old 11-19-2009, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

You just reminded me I need to go to etsy.com and order some more teas!

#6 of 8 Old 11-21-2009, 12:09 AM

we went to my friends wedding in NY last wknd and my son got a bit run down and he was home sick for 2 days this week and now my husband and I both have a cold too. I seem to have it worse than him though with intense sneezing and a nose running like a tap. yuck! I hope it clears up by Monday. I am taking lots of vit C and echinacea to try and blast it out. ugh.

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#7 of 8 Old 11-21-2009, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotBroken View Post
expat- thanks for the tips! So what are you drinking, hot water with honey or lemon?

Saline rinses and sprays don't help me in the slightest!
Yes a lot of hot water with honey and lemon. I've also got some nettle tea that I'm trying out.
If your sinuses are really bad, you can try a warm compress on your forehead and under your eyes...this can loosen up any mucous stuck up there and it feels good too.
Also- have you tried apple cider vinegar? I haven't been able to stomach it lately, but when I can it REALLY helps with sinus congestions and colds. I just add two tablespoons to my hot water, honey, lemon mixture (a little extra honey to take away the bitterness). I drink that once in the morning and again in the evening and after a couple of days things usually clear up. It really helps.
I've struggled a lot with sinus problems and I always try to use natural remedies.
HTH.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#8 of 8 Old 11-21-2009, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Lately we've been sleeping with a vapourizer at night to help our sinuses feel more comfortable. There's stuff going around and ummm are we supposed to have stuffier noses when we're pregnant?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page