week of november 21-28 - chat away! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 11-29-2009, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
expatmama, sounds like my work day! I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't work from home - it's a lifesaver. Between the random snacking times, chewing on ice chips all day, sprinting to the bathroom, and needing naps 2x a day - I don't think I would make it in the office!

Oooops, looks like we need to start a new week thread!

What are you thankful for this week? I'm thankful for ice chips, without which I would probably be heading to the ER for IV fluids. I'm also thankful for sesamestreet.org, which keeps DD entertained for 10 minutes of much needed recovery time!
#62 of 72 Old 11-29-2009, 01:31 PM

I am finding I am not as tierd this time around. My first was awful. I would go to work at 6am be home at 2pm sleep till 6 wake up for dinner then be in bed again by 8! This time I take an hour or less nap around midday and even that somedays I have to make myself do...I know I need to rest but I still have all my energy...I have found the more I nap the less i wanna hurl! At least the nasuea is subsiding at the moment. I am sure though when I am on and off 10 different planes next month that I will be a wreck but at least I will be feeling okish leading up to that!
#63 of 72 Old 11-29-2009, 01:45 PM

I slept until 10 yesterday, then again from 4-6, then AGAIN from 9-11 (at which point my stepdaughter woke up freaked out), then AGAIN from midnight to 9.

I am wondering how work is going to work the next few weeks, especially since I do work some really long days. I don't want to tell my boss anything unless/until I have to. I have a feeling he's not going to be too happy (he won't fire me or anything, but there have been a lot of maternity leaves lately and I think he's been counting on me to be around).

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#64 of 72 Old 11-29-2009, 02:42 PM

DH has really noticed my decline in energy levels.

A 5-mile bike ride wipes me out, and I used to love to do 75-mile rides. I'm out of breath after walking the dogs for 2 miles.

I'm sleeping in, napping, going to bed early. When I'm not out visiting customers I can work from home so that has been pretty good, but I have a business trip this coming week and the next week. Hope I survive!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#65 of 72 Old 11-29-2009, 04:51 PM

Hi to all preggers due in July! Nice to meet all of you and hope to see you all the way through to our Due Dates.

I am actually feeling pretty good considering. This is my fifth pregnancy. The first two times I was pregnant I was just wiped and I threw up 24/7. I don't know if my body is just more used to being pregnant now or what, but I don't get m/s (just a touch of nausea) and I don't feel that tired. However, after running after FOUR children all these years my body and brain are somewhat used to being tired LOL, so that could explain the lack of drain.

I'm not looking forward to placenta-brain where I can't remember my own name and can't find anything for months. I'm sure that'll come soon if I have a sticky bean.

I really hope this pregnancy sticks. I was really excitied when I got my bfp. I've had a few "surprise" pregnancies --LOL-- we are extremely fertile, but there's nothing so wonderful as a BFP after you've actually been TTC. It can be a little scary and unsettling when it's a surprise, but what the heck we all adjust

Blessings to all of you
#66 of 72 Old 11-29-2009, 06:54 PM

Nice to know I'm not the only one this tired. I don't remember being this tired when pregnant with my son. But I was quite a bit younger then.
#67 of 72 Old 11-29-2009, 09:08 PM

I am SOOOOOOOOOO tired. I feel like I'm yawning all day, acting like I just woke up all day long!

I'm 5wks 5days today. Just the mildest hints of nausea so far...don't remember when that kicked in with the others but I'm sure it's coming! And my breasts are so sore that I feel like I have to hold them when I go down the stairs.

It's funny to be at the end of the month- many of you are twice as far along as I am!

I'm glad I'm not telling people. It feels good to just keep it to ourselves- no need for other people to know now. But it is a challenge! We just spend three days with friends at their beach house for Thanksgiving, and I didn't tell them! I figure they just thought my fatigue and irritability was b/c I have 4 kids!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#68 of 72 Old 11-29-2009, 11:06 PM

I seem to have come down with a head cold.

It's hard to tell how much of my fatigue is coming from the pregnancy and how much is from being sick.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#69 of 72 Old 11-30-2009, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post
I slept until 10 yesterday, then again from 4-6, then AGAIN from 9-11 (at which point my stepdaughter woke up freaked out), then AGAIN from midnight to 9.

I am wondering how work is going to work the next few weeks, especially since I do work some really long days. I don't want to tell my boss anything unless/until I have to. I have a feeling he's not going to be too happy (he won't fire me or anything, but there have been a lot of maternity leaves lately and I think he's been counting on me to be around).
I SO HEAR YOU!!! All I want to do is sleep and I WOTH FT also.

It's a tough one.

Sending you energy ~*~*~*~*

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#70 of 72 Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 AM

I definitely was not this wiped with my first pregnancy, and good thing, since I worked on my feet full time (retail, through the holidays when I was 8 months, NOT FUN). Though I was definitely worn out at the end of the day, at least I was functioning.

Now I just sleep all the time.

How often are you guys getting up at night to pee? I'm up to twice a nice, most nights. Sigh.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#71 of 72 Old 11-30-2009, 04:08 AM

I'm totally exhausted, too, and didn't even have the luxury of taking any naps at all this weekend. To make matters worse, DP has developed an annoying habit of waking me up by caressing my face, hands, arms, etc. before the alarm clock goes off. He's horny and hoping I'm in the mood, but I'm not since I feel SICK every day and everything HURTS everyday and I'm TIRED every day. So I'm pretty grumpy this morning. And I'll be needing to have another talk with him.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#72 of 72 Old 11-30-2009, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
It's funny to be at the end of the month- many of you are twice as far along as I am!
Yeah, it's strange. I read the posts of people due at the end of July and I'm like "ahh, I remember when I was at five weeks", hehe.
I'm 9 and a half weeks now, and I feel like I've been doing this first trimester thing FOREVER. I'm really cherishing the fact that I'm pregnant, and for me that I'm STILL pregnant at this point since I've had losses. But I'm soooo TIRED of being tired and feeling this general malaise. Seriously, the last month feels like three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjorker View Post
How often are you guys getting up at night to pee? I'm up to twice a nice, most nights. Sigh.

I'm usually up twice a night too. Lately, I haven't been drinking as much water as I was previously (I know, I feel guilty about it) so I've been getting up just once a night. For some reason water has been making me feel gross while I drink it. I think it has something to do with my excessive salivation problem- I think it has crossed my mind when drinking water that it's just like drinking a big glass of spit. I've been feeling so gross lately and it's really starting to bother me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
I'm totally exhausted, too, and didn't even have the luxury of taking any naps at all this weekend. To make matters worse, DP has developed an annoying habit of waking me up by caressing my face, hands, arms, etc. before the alarm clock goes off. He's horny and hoping I'm in the mood, but I'm not since I feel SICK every day and everything HURTS everyday and I'm TIRED every day. So I'm pretty grumpy this morning. And I'll be needing to have another talk with him.

Aww...poor husband and poor you. Mine has been having difficulty with this too since I'm on pelvic rest till further notice from my Dr.
Tell him he's not the only husband suffering.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page