I know it is early days, but is anyone NOT finding out... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 12-07-2009, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found out my daughter's sex at our 20 week ultrasound. I just HAD to know and I wanted to get outfits picked out and just have everything all ready when she was born. However, I am comfortable waiting this time around. I'd be happy with either sex.
#32 of 51 Old 12-07-2009, 03:09 PM

We didn't find out with our son, and my husband got to tell me at the birth- it was great! We were pretty sure he was going to be a boy and we were right! We won't find out this time either, but our hunch is girl this time. But it would be great for DS to have a brother so close age, so either way we're happy! We're planning on having three, anyway!
#33 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 01:27 AM

we are going for the surprise this time around! We found out with my son but the pregnancy was a surprise so that was enough for me! This time I want to wait because the bottom line is that I don't really care if its a boy or a girl but I would sort of like a girl since we already have a boy so I don't want to know and have any kind of negative thoughts about it.

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#34 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 AM

We found out with our first but aren't finding out this time.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#35 of 51 Old 12-09-2009, 02:35 PM

We will not be doing ultrasound, so we won't find out until he/she is here! We did it the same way with DS and I'm so glad. People don't seem to care a lot about us not finding out the sex, but they freak out when they hear we won't have an US.

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
#36 of 51 Old 12-10-2009, 01:43 AM

We also question the safety of ultrasounds for healthy pregnancy. Of course there is a place for them, but we believe they are over used. I mean when you read what the inventor says about their use during pregnancy it is eerily similar to what the inventor of xray said about their use during pregnancy.

So we didn't have an us with ds and won't have one with this one either unless medically indicated. I didn't have dreams or anything with ds, it was just a feeling. And we couldn't settle on a girl name. We had a girl name but the boy name came easier and felt more right. DH also started using the boy name we picked out in our Hypnobirthing homework. Since he travels alot, he just tape it and burn to a cd for me to listen to. We also told him that it would make his Meemaw super happy to share her birthday with him. So even with a family history of going 2-3 weeks late, our little guy showed up 4 days early.

About 2 weeks after we found out we were expecting I just woke up one morning and said we are having a girl and her name is Sarah. I didn't really say it to anyone in particular noone was home, it was just an overwhelming feeling like the baby told me. About a week later I told DH. He thought Sarah sounded very nice with ds's name. It made me a bit sad though, I really do want another boy. Last time I didn't have a preference, but this time is different. So now I am torn between honoring the communication from this little bean and my own feelings. And no, I am usually not this hokey-pokey.
#37 of 51 Old 12-10-2009, 02:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twead View Post
So we didn't have an us with ds and won't have one with this one either unless medically indicated. I didn't have dreams or anything with ds, it was just a feeling. And we couldn't settle on a girl name. We had a girl name but the boy name came easier and felt more right. DH also started using the boy name we picked out in our Hypnobirthing homework.
That's really interesting!
DH and I are having a terrible time with girls' names but we have our boys' names narrowed down to a very select list. I always picture us with a baby boy and a little boy later on. I'm having a hard time deciding if I have a "feeling" it's a boy or if it's just that we really want a boy. It's hard to say. Sometimes I think because we want a boy so much, it's got to be a girl! That's just the way things work for us...usually.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#38 of 51 Old 12-10-2009, 07:09 AM

DH wants to find out- he wanted to find out with DS, but we couldn't. I was actually happy to NOT know in the end.

This time, we're having an ultrasound around 14 weeks, and I really want to stick to only one ultrasound this time, so I think based on that, we're out of the running for finding out anyway!
#39 of 51 Old 12-10-2009, 10:59 PM

We're not finding out. It's killing me though because my other 3 we've found out. But I keep telling myself that it'll be the surprise of a lifetime and I HAVE to wait. DH is totally on board too so that makes it easy too!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#40 of 51 Old 12-11-2009, 12:10 AM

God-willing this baby stays with us
I will not be finding out. we have 1 girl and 1 boy (found out for both)and i promised my DH if we ever had a 3rd we wouldnt find out .. we actually have no "room" for this baby to have its own so theres no advanced decorating anyways

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#41 of 51 Old 12-11-2009, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
Sometimes I think because we want a boy so much, it's got to be a girl! That's just the way things work for us...usually.
You're not the only ones! That happens to us as well!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#42 of 51 Old 12-11-2009, 10:58 PM

We aren't going to be finding out! This might be our last pregnancy so I wanted it to be a surprise. I found out with my daughter and to be honest I was really upset. I thought it was a boy for sure and it turned out from the u/s she was a girl. I was really only upset because I had convinced my self it was a boy. So this time it will be a surprise I just wanted to experience that moment ofter birth of it's a....!!!

J SAHM to DSD "N" 4/1/00, DD "A" 10/1/08 and loving wife to my super supportive Hubby "C" now expecting our surprise baby 7/1/10 ~~~ It's a girl!
#43 of 51 Old 12-12-2009, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I am DYING to know but feel like I could hold out and wait. We didn't find out with dd1 and I really enjoyed the waiting, the wondering, the dreaming. Who will this person be? What will they be like? Will they be a boy or girl? What will they look like?

And then you have labour and give birth. And then that baby is finally in your arms, the person you've been waiting to see, and you're just so freaking happy to see them! (Okay I was with dd2, not my first birth ).

We have two daughters and dh *is* hoping we have a boy. Yes, that would be nice. But if it's a girl that is just fine too, we have wonderful lovely children and just pray this child will be healthy and happy.

Dh told me today that he would like to know because if it is a third girl, he would like to have a little time to quietly mourn the loss of his dream of having a boy (because we won't have any more children after this). And he wants to process all of it so when the time comes for baby to be born, he wants to greet her with complete joy, having gone through his other feelings beforehand, yk?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#44 of 51 Old 12-12-2009, 01:25 AM

But maybe when he sees the baby after it's born he will not care anymore whether it is a boy or girl. I know it's so beside the point when the baby first arrives! With my UC we were just like "wow, look at this little person.. so tiny.. etc." and it took us a good 10-15 minutes to say "hey, wonder if it's a girl or a boy?" It's your baby and you love him/her no matter what.

#45 of 51 Old 12-12-2009, 01:37 AM

Yeah ITA.

And yet dh is his own person, and if he knows himself and how he's likely to respond, I think it's wise to do what he's doing. Yk?

But I totally get you on just being amazed by your new little person and that's it!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#46 of 51 Old 12-12-2009, 12:52 PM

We are not going to find out.... we didnt' last time either. Last time, i would have bet $$ that it was a boy, and it wasn't this time i'm afraid to even guess! We won't know until he or she is born

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#47 of 51 Old 12-12-2009, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

twead~~ With my daughter I had a dream that I had one of those Wall Street crawler signs running across my forehead. On it read my daughter's name "Lillian Ca******* Ev***" correct spelling, minus the astericks of course, repeated over and over.

I joke sometimes that Lily tattooed her name to my forehead. However, her name fits her perfectly, and so far has not hated her name, nor questioned it.

Sarah is a lovely name, and the Sara(h)s that I have come across have been awesome Women!

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#48 of 51 Old 12-12-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megviolet View Post
We are not going to find out.... we didnt' last time either. Last time, i would have bet $$ that it was a boy, and it wasn't this time i'm afraid to even guess! We won't know until he or she is born
me too! She just has a really strong personality
#49 of 51 Old 12-12-2009, 07:25 PM

we didn't find out last time & won't this time. i want to but it's the one thing that DH feels strongly about. and he's right that it's fun to find out in the moment

i want another girl and he wants a boy. i'll be happy either way, of course!

dd #1 11/15/07 and dd #2 unplanned and so glad the midwife was on her way!
#50 of 51 Old 12-13-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
I am DYING to know ...
Would it work for him to find out at an u/s but then not tell you? I think if it was my dh he's slip at some point...

#51 of 51 Old 12-13-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
Would it work for him to find out at an u/s but then not tell you? I think if it was my dh he's slip at some point...
We discussed that possibility but I would be able to tell what the answer was judging by his mood and reaction after he receives the info. Oh well, that's okay.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page