Sudden *increase* in morning sickness at 12 weeks? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gah. The last two weeks were better...but yesterday on my way home from work, I started getting queasy and it got worse and worse, to a point where I was trying to figure out how to puke while driving in the middle lane (horrible stop-and-go traffic, no pulling over).

It never really went away--today's been pretty darn brutal, too. And I have to go to court tonight and deal with people and then drive home in the snow, when all I want to do is curl up and sleep.

What gives? Isn't this supposed to be getting better?

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#2 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 04:42 PM

same here too, i was feeling an teensy bit less barf-o-matic, when POOF! i am super nauseated and puking again. l-a-m-e.
#3 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 04:44 PM

Maybe the flu has hit you. I had fairly mild nausea this pregnancy but at 10 weeks or so I got the flu and for a week 1/2 afterward my nausea became much worse, even though the flu symptoms went away. Everytime I ate I got sick to my stomach and then it went back to very mild for another week, then went away at 13 weeks completely.

Mama to my girls on earth and in heaven... innocent.gif K (10); energy.gifA (6); energy.gifL (3)

candle.gifBella (19 weeks) Jan '10; candle.gifRachel (16 weeks) Dec '10; candle.gifGrace (18 weeks) Oct '11; angel1.gif(10weeks)May '10, angel1.gif(4.5 weeks) Jun '07; angel1.gif(10weeks) Jun '98

#4 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

I don't think it's the flu; I don't have any other symptoms. I feel a tiny bit better after I eat, but then an hour later everything's back again.

I'm still not puking--I've thrown up literally once in the last 18 years, and that was from a very virulent stomach bug.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#5 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
DDC crashing because *wow* does this sound familiar.

With my first, I had one day of *intense* morning sickness at about 15 weeks. With my second, I was largely only queasy, except for the one day at something like 12 weeks when I ate one cracker and threw up twice. My conclusion is that morning sickness doesn't happen on a smooth and predictable curve where it gets worse and then gets better. It dodges randomly in a variety of directions and then (we hope) it goes away.

I am sorry you are going through this, and I encourage you to believe that it will be over soon. Mint gum helped me a lot.
#6 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 05:50 PM

I'm not at 12 weeks yet, but my nausea was pretty much gone at 8-9 weeks and then came back with a vengeance. Apparently it just comes and goes, so just take it one day at a time, I guess.

#7 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 05:54 PM

ugh, i totally feel your pain. my a.m. sickness disappeared around week 10 (when it supposedly peaks) so i was so very happy to hear the heartbeat at my week 11 appointment. anyhow--it was gone for about 3 weeks, and has now been BACK for about 3 weeks. what the heck???? grrrrrr.

married to DH for 5 yrs, ds born at home 6/26/10
#8 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 06:28 PM

I am right there with you, I was feeling pretty darn good, got my appetite back and everything, a couple of days ago BLAM! righ back to filing oral reports with the big white filing cabinet.

ugh I was relieved when I thought it was gone, now it sucks that its back, but my grandma always said, if your sick all the time it means healthy babies lol so lets hope her weird logic is true lol

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#9 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 06:33 PM

Well, I never started feeling better, but at 10 weeks I started feeling worse. blah! With DD I hurled until week 16. Working while feeling lousy is the pits. Hang on ProtoLawyer!

mama to dd 2x Our sweet boy is here! 7/27
#10 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 06:52 PM

I had the same thing happen. It lasted another couple weeks, I actually was sick twice which I never had before. Now at 15 weeks, I am less nauseous again...but I have a cold! blah

Hang in there, the second trimester is supposed to be the best one!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#11 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 09:18 PM

Sorry Proto...no fun at all. I'm almost 14w and still not feeling better - have been worse the past week. There's just no predicting, eh?
#12 of 19 Old 01-07-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeepyCat View Post
My conclusion is that morning sickness doesn't happen on a smooth and predictable curve where it gets worse and then gets better. It dodges randomly in a variety of directions and then (we hope) it goes away.
Yeah, that.
My ms was the horrible, all day stuff until last week (week 14) and now it has eased a bit during the day and is just AWFUL in the evenings. Making dinner for my family at night is pure torture! WIth my last baby (#5) I didn't feel better till about 20 weeks. I don't care what "THEY" say, everyone is different.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Serena
#13 of 19 Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 AM

Well I think maybe it kind of counts.... not exactly nausea returning.... but I am now way more sensitive to smells than I have ever been. Everything has been making me gag, ESPECIALLY (as posted on the poopy toddler diaper thread), poopy toddler diapers!!

Karyn, wife to Colby partners.gif (9/4/04) and homeschooling mama to Ryan notes2.gif (3/11/08), Tyler jog.gif h20homebirth.gif (7/15/10), and a new little bean pos.gif (10/24/12)! familybed2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gifintactlact.gif saynovax.gif

#14 of 19 Old 01-08-2010, 12:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Mine too. My theory is that I got more sleep with the days off over the holidays and that helped. Now that the schedule is back to normal I am feeling like crap again.

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
#15 of 19 Old 01-08-2010, 12:54 AM

I didn't have any nausea until 10 weeks and then it hit. It's just been progressively worse since then, I'm at 11+ weeks now. I had a migraine today and was in incredible pain as well as violently throwing up bile. yuck.

At least my mom is here for a few days, thank god!!!

At 10 weeks the placenta starts to take over the progesterone production, and so it's a typical time for hormonal surging. That transition isn't complete until 14 weeks, so that may be while we're not over it yet.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#16 of 19 Old 01-08-2010, 01:55 AM

I was doing GREAT until abut 11 weeks, and now it just gets worse every day. Glad to know I'm not alone.
#17 of 19 Old 01-08-2010, 02:30 AM

Mine's been picking up in intensity too...blech. At least I'm not alone Proto

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#18 of 19 Old 01-08-2010, 04:18 AM

Try wearing the acupressure wrist bands when you're driving.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#19 of 19 Old 01-10-2010, 12:39 AM

Uh, did I say I wasn't having more morning sickness...?

Yeah, um, I threw up this morning and have felt on the verge of repeating the experience alllll day long.

Nice. I jinxed myself.

Karyn, wife to Colby partners.gif (9/4/04) and homeschooling mama to Ryan notes2.gif (3/11/08), Tyler jog.gif h20homebirth.gif (7/15/10), and a new little bean pos.gif (10/24/12)! familybed2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gifintactlact.gif saynovax.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page