Has anyone ever not wanted to know sex and Tech leaked the sex? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-08-2010, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I found out with my 2 children what we were having way before hand.
This is baby #3 and my D and I really wanted a suprise.. For so many reasons I thought It doesnt really matter since we do have 1 of each and for my DDs sake since she wants a sister it would be more exciting if she didnt know and will jsut be excited for a baby when it comes.
well I told the tech today I didnt want to know and all along she has been saying "the baby looks fine", "everything looks great" very nice general remarks at each US (ive had alot since I am having issues) anyways today she asked me if I want to know the sex. I said NO. Then as I was walking out she clearly said "HE looks great" 3 different times
Im feeling alittle let down and trying so so hard to not think about it but its sticking with me. I am NOT going to tell anyone IRL so everyone else can be suprised but I just feel sad now that I actually think I know

something simliar happend to my friend last yr when her DR asked my BFFs DD if she was excited to have a little sister my friends was really upset because he said it at like 30 weeks along and all that time they had no clue.

so has any DR or tech told you or implied about the sex even if you didnt want to know????

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#2 of 11 Old 01-08-2010, 11:27 PM

Not in your DDC, but this basically happened to me when I was 16 weeks along. I had to have an urgent u/s due to a bleeding episode, we did not want to know the gender of our baby due to my having a scheduled c/s for medical reasons. The tech was checking my placenta and how the baby was. She quickly covered the screen and asked if we wanted to know and I said "no", then she said "Oh good because it is really obvious." I then said it must be a boy. She "well girls can be really obvious right now too". So technically we didn't know, but we pretty much did. He was still mostly a surprise, since we didn't know for sure.

I knew he was a boy all the time though, my mama instinct and the vast difference of my pregnancies between my DD and him told me that.

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#3 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

thank you for sharing your story.

Now on my sono pics I think I see the part of the "boy" that I am having...

Im kind of over it I guess... I think it may be fun for me to keep my own little secret with my little guy in the womb

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
#4 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 12:50 AM

wow, that's really annoying! It almost makes me want to skip the ultrasound... I also wonder if I'd be able to tell the sex myself just by seeing it on the screen. Do they generally turn the screen away?
#5 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 02:19 AM

That is really unprofessional, and maybe you should let the tech know how disappointed you were.

I haven't had that experience, but I think that's part of why I'm paranoid to get an ultrasound--I just can imagine seeing the penis or lack thereof or someone else spilling the beans.

So sorry you had such a lame visit.

Happy and in love with my family!
#6 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 03:11 AM

FWIW, DD was a surprise, and two different techs and the midwife used "he" a few times as well as "it," and we were sure it was a slip, but the one tech said she just didn't like "it" too much. I was *SURE* dd was a boy and I analyzed our 34 ish week ultrasound with a fine tooth comb and both DH and I really thought we saw boy parts, but we also kept the "it is a surprise mantra" and had that attitude.

I wouldn't be so quick to assume . . . if you want to surprised, you still can. At any future ultrasounds remind them that you want to be surprised, and maybe you will be.
#7 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 02:13 PM

Yeah now that I think about it the other tech at the same hospital said "she" at one point, so I think I got thrown after that first time. That's why I was like, "well we don't really know."

Me Wife to T (14 years)Mama to Princess(4) and Monster Boy(my 1 year old ):
#8 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 02:16 PM

Grrr...things like this are annoying but TAKE HEART....little girls at this age still have an *ahem* dangle (for the most part)
http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html
scroll down and check out the in depth pics and the comparisions...really intresting stuff. While you might "think" you see a penis it could be anything
#9 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 03:47 PM

I would be seriously upset at that tech. But on the other hand have thought it could always happen...mental slip up. We don't want to know the gender and I plan to chant that throughout our sono (when and if we get one).

Amanda - loving the love of my life C and our beautiful children. K#1 (3/02), K#2 (1/07) and newly expecting K#3 (7/10)
#10 of 11 Old 01-09-2010, 03:48 PM

I had to have 4 ultrasounds when i was pregnant with DD and 2 times, 2 different techs said 'HE'. Where i live, they aren't allowed to tell you the gender, but there are places about 2 hrs from here where you can go to find out; so at my ultrasounds no one ever asked if i wanted to know or not.
Anyway, my last ultrasound with her, at 32 weeks, i told the tech i was sure it was a boy (honestly, i was certain from my positive HPT onwards!) and she said, "see how baby's hand is over it's face>? How cute.. usually the shy ones are girls".
It went right over my head I was shocked when she was born.
and DD is all girl, of course

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#11 of 11 Old 01-10-2010, 01:40 PM

Maybe she was just throwing you off...lol

With my second babe I said I didn't want to know...I left the room to clear my bladder and she told Daniel...as we left he made a remark..:"I guess you were right"(I knew it was a girl in my gut) I was so pissed and still am.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page