Mothering Forum banner

Good update!

965 views 27 replies 28 participants last post by  queenofchaos 
#1 ·
Back story: Short version: baby has a giant omphalocele, which usually is accompanied by other problems. Sometimes anatomical (other congenital abnormalities), sometimes chromosomal (like trisomy 13 or 18, which we were given a 30% chance of having.) Long version.

We got the results of the CVS and the AFP back. The chromosomes all look good, and they said that spina bifida was highly unlikely. I can't even begin to tell you how relieved we are. Sure, there is still a possibility of other anatomical problems, and those will be determined by ultrasound and MRI, but very nearly none of them are as likely to be as bad as the chromosomal stuff we were worried about.

I feel like I can finally start to really believe this baby's going to make it.

Oh! And it's a girl! We were pretty sure before, due to ultrasound, but now there is no doubt, since they saw XX!

#8 ·
This is fantastic news! You must feel such a sense of relief in knowing at least this much. It's so hard worrying about our little ones, especially when we know there is something wrong...but no real answers. Be strong mama!

#23 ·
I am thrilled to hear some positive news for you, CorasMama! You've been on my mind. I'm sure you still have plenty of worries, but I truly hope you continue to get reassuring test results and that your daughter will be as born as healthy as possible.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HaikuMommy View Post
I am thrilled to hear some positive news for you, CorasMama! You've been on my mind. I'm sure you still have plenty of worries, but I truly hope you continue to get reassuring test results and that your daughter will be as born as healthy as possible.
!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.