If you HAD to drink a soda... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-09-2010, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aspartame gives me an instant migraine so I don't touch the stuff. HFCS is much better for me.

Mom to Kira March 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2010, 07:02 PM

So if I told you that I've been killing a 12 pack of Root Beer every 2-3 days wouldn't make you feel bad at all about drinking one every now and then?

Root Beer doesn't cause me to have the metallic taste, has bubbles, and is caffeine free. I normally don't drink this much soda, but right now I need it.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:09 AM

I would always go for the regular over diet. DH and I both have adverse reactions (generally headaches) to every artificial sweetener we've tried. I personally would rather just have sugar, but I'd go for HFCS over aspartame/saccharin/Splenda. DD doesn't get to have pop, and we don't give her anything w/ fake sweeteners. I just don't think they've been around long enough to trust, plus I think they taste nasty.

"I'm so crafty, I make people" DD (01/06) and her much anticipated sibling (07/10) with my sweet DH (07/02)
Old 02-10-2010, 09:19 PM

Try to go for a glass bottle, too, and avoid Bisphenol-A which leaches readily from the can liners & plastic bottles into sodas/drinks of any kind, "healthier or otherwise." Have you tried mixing pregnancy tea with some juice & bubble water? You can adjust sweetness & taste to your pregnancy craving. Or cutting the soda with pregnancy tea or bubble water? This can mitigate a bit of the awful cascade of stuff that happens to your body when it encounters that large a hit of sugar, hfcs & other chemicals.

And just, fyi (not to make anyone feel judged, but keep it in mind):

http://www.nutritionresearchcenter.o...oke-right-now/

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
Old 02-11-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissAnnThrope View Post
So if I told you that I've been killing a 12 pack of Root Beer every 2-3 days wouldn't make you feel bad at all about drinking one every now and then?

Root Beer doesn't cause me to have the metallic taste, has bubbles, and is caffeine free. I normally don't drink this much soda, but right now I need it.
I'll up you one. I'm in the same boat, but I've been drinking coke. It's the only way I can eat without getting sick. Obviously not the best thing to drink, esp 2-3 cans a day. But, at least I can get some nutrition in. Diet is not an option for me, I get headaches from it & the taste is horrible.
I should buy the caffeine free.... I actually forgot about that until I saw your post.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:30 PM

I hate the taste of aspartame so I would definitely go the regular route. my parents in law have got hooked on that "diet/aspartame BS!" and its terrible, they make homemade lemonade with freshly squeezed lemons from their yard and then ruin it with artifical sweetener!! ugH!

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

Old 02-12-2010, 07:33 PM

whole foods cola is made with cane sugar and is caffeine free!

User Tag List