Really bad headache - Mothering Forums

#1 of 14 Old 02-10-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
That has been going on for two days now. It is awful and not letting up. I thought I woke up without it but when I got up to pee it came back and hasn't left. It is possible that I am slightly dehydrated since the thought of water turns my stomach but I haven't drank any less tea, juice or milk than I usually do. I am going to force myself to drink some lemon water and see if that helps. At 6:00pm, last night, I broke down and took 2 Tylenol and it eased my head for about 1.5 hours and then came right back. Every time I woke up last night it was there paired with slight dizziness and nausea. DS did wake up vomiting this morning so maybe its a virus? I am just wondering is their a point when a headache is worrisome? This one just doesn't feel like the typical headach... its like the step before a migraine.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 02-10-2010, 01:09 PM

Poor you!
Have you got a family doc or someone you can call if it doesn't go away?
I'm not used to headaches but wouldn't be comfortable with it going on for 3+ days without calling a hcp.

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#3 of 14 Old 02-10-2010, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

No hcp and my herbalist don't like messing with me to much when I am pregnant. I do have an OB appointment on Friday so if I still have it by then or if it gets worse I will call and get in sooner.

#4 of 14 Old 02-11-2010, 09:29 AM

I had really bad migraines in the second trimester with my first- I actually lost the vision in one eye and the feeling in a thumb and half my tongue during some of them. I tried increasing my water intake and I even tried drinking half a Dr. Pepper (I rarely drink caffeine, so half a Dr. Pepper ought to have an affect). I had them for weeks, but eventually it just went away. I'm sorry I don't have any other advice, but it may just be something that needs to pass. I'm sorry you're dealing with it. It was rough.

Mommy to DD March 2008, DS July 2010
#5 of 14 Old 02-11-2010, 11:10 AM

HAve you tried a chiropractor? I had a headache like that a few weeks ago, and DH adjusted me and gave me a ton of muscle work and it finally went away. I hope you feel better soon!!

Angel, teaches Psych, married to Martin, chiropractor since 06/25/05 , Mama to DS, Quinn 7/11/07 and DD, Eliza 8/2/10 :
#6 of 14 Old 02-11-2010, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

I woke up this morning and its definitely not as bad as it has been. I actually am feeling pretty good because it is so mild. I am hoping it will go away on its own today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopHat View Post
I had really bad migraines in the second trimester with my first- I actually lost the vision in one eye and the feeling in a thumb and half my tongue during some of them. I tried increasing my water intake and I even tried drinking half a Dr. Pepper (I rarely drink caffeine, so half a Dr. Pepper ought to have an affect). I had them for weeks, but eventually it just went away. I'm sorry I don't have any other advice, but it may just be something that needs to pass. I'm sorry you're dealing with it. It was rough.
I tired the Dr Pepper too with no luck. I am sorry you had to go through that! That sounds way more awful than mine. I sure hope I don't have these for weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdocmartin View Post
HAve you tried a chiropractor? I had a headache like that a few weeks ago, and DH adjusted me and gave me a ton of muscle work and it finally went away. I hope you feel better soon!!
No I haven't and it never occurred to me to do so. I will see if I can get my step dad to adjust me. Hopefully that will get me some relief.

#7 of 14 Old 02-11-2010, 05:55 PM

I got a terrible headache a few weeks ago that lasted a day and a half when I decided I had to do something about it. I don't take meds unless death is imminent, so...

I put some chamomile, lavender, and rosemary essential oils on a handkerchief and tied it around my neck. Headache gone in 20 minutes. It came back a few days later, same treatment, and headache gone. I don't know if it will work for you, but it can't hurt to try.
#8 of 14 Old 02-11-2010, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the oils tip, ckumelos. I had a really bad one this morning, too, and I very rarely get headaches. I think that mine is linked to a sinus infection I have been battling, but it feels kind of different from a sinus headache. It was focused pain behind my right eyeball. I hate to admit that I treated it with coffee. . . next time I'll try the oils!

Christina, loving being a Mama to three and serving as a Co-Leader of the Holistic Moms Network, Tri-City Area, CA Chapter.

#9 of 14 Old 02-11-2010, 11:25 PM

I will try the oils too. I've woken up with a headache all but probably 3 days in the past 8 weeks or so. Normally they go away once I'm up for a while, but sometimes they don't, and I would love just one day to sleep in without having a horrible headache...

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and Gracie 7/10 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
:, dw Amy:

#10 of 14 Old 02-11-2010, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
How funny, I posted this morning in the pregnant (non due date) forum about headaches. None of mine have gotten to the point of migrain because I'm so afraid of them (yes, I've been there) that pre-pregnancy I would take tylenol, naproxin, or aspirin right at the beginning. Mine have been on and off now for 2 weeks. I've taken tylenol only a few times out of desperation and luckily just 1 early on has been working. I need to get those EOs though and try that instead.

Loving mama to
A (8/5/2010)
R (1/3/2015) and DSD (16).
#11 of 14 Old 02-12-2010, 12:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Me +
Dh =
Dd1(9.5 yrs) +
Dd2(7 yrs) and
Ds(4.5 yrs)
#12 of 14 Old 02-13-2010, 12:06 AM

I got some lavender essential oil today to try to get rid of the headaches. How can I make a diffuser??? Or is there a better way to use it?

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04
and Gracie 7/10 
:, dw Amy:

#13 of 14 Old 02-13-2010, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_mommy View Post
That has been going on for two days now. It is awful and not letting up. I thought I woke up without it but when I got up to pee it came back and hasn't left. It is possible that I am slightly dehydrated since the thought of water turns my stomach but I haven't drank any less tea, juice or milk than I usually do. I am going to force myself to drink some lemon water and see if that helps. At 6:00pm, last night, I broke down and took 2 Tylenol and it eased my head for about 1.5 hours and then came right back. Every time I woke up last night it was there paired with slight dizziness and nausea. DS did wake up vomiting this morning so maybe its a virus? I am just wondering is their a point when a headache is worrisome? This one just doesn't feel like the typical headach... its like the step before a migraine.
Have you checked your blood pressure? I also think hydration as the first reason for headaches and then I check my bp and sometimes when it's high it gives me a headache (fortunately that hasn't happened for awhile). Hope you feel better soon.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#14 of 14 Old 02-14-2010, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
Have you checked your blood pressure? I also think hydration as the first reason for headaches and then I check my bp and sometimes when it's high it gives me a headache (fortunately that hasn't happened for awhile). Hope you feel better soon.
BP is normal range and I am keeping hydrated.

It finally went away for two days but I woke up with one today and still have it. I am off to the natural food store to get the suggested EO's. Fingers crossed, I hope it works!!

Isn't pregnancy so much fun!?!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page