Weird Symptom, Any ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-10-2010, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello Belly Buddies,

This is my fourth pregnancy and I've had this odd symptom in each, which although minor, no one has had any ideas about. It just recurred and reminded me to ask, because mdc is such a treasure for well-researched mums. Of course, I've researched online & asked my midwives, etc, but no answers so far. Around the middle of my second trimester, I begin having a small point, about a fingertip sized spot, of burning sensation on my inner thigh. It feels above muscle/tendon layer, but beneath the skin. It's more annoying than painful. So, any ideas or experiences with this out there? tia

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  
#2 of 6 Old 02-10-2010, 06:49 PM

My guess is pinched/trapped nerve. The increasing weight of pregnancy causing some portion of sacral nerve to get iritated. Do you have a chiropractor?

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#3 of 6 Old 02-10-2010, 07:15 PM

my guess would also be nerve related. I would suggest seeing a Chiropractor if that is possible for you.

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#4 of 6 Old 02-10-2010, 09:42 PM

Agree with PP's. Sounds like a nerve thing.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#5 of 6 Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Umm if it's between the skin but above the muscle layer it could be that your muscles could use some massage therapy to loosen the fascia. It's a layer between your muscle and skin that allows things to move around. It may help to get some circulation going with massage therapy. And also overall self-care like light exercise, drinking enough water to keep your tissues in good health.

If you try either of these treatments, I'd be curious to hear how it turns out.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#6 of 6 Old 02-14-2010, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for those replies. I should have mentioned that I see a chiropractor regularly, am a yoga teacher & massage practitioner. None of these seem to have helped and all of my alternative care providers are stumped as it doesn't seem to be either of those things. I'm doing acupuncture and we're going to change the protocol slightly next week to see if we can lessen the feeling. I'm more wondering if someone had stumbled upon this obscure symptom.

Zoie, granola mum to three boys on earth, one girl who soars  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page