Boy names I like at the moment:

Kieran
Soren
Kai
Silas
Finnn
Wyatt

Good luck!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2010, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one who is super curious as to what your dsd's name is now?

I am glad we are having a girl because I had NOOOO boy's names at all! Raiko was the only name I liked for a while.

I don't even have many girl names picked. Yikes!

Sorry, I'm not any help. I will say, my sister was one of those names with the initial and she absolutely hated it, I'm happy I have a fairly unusual name.

Also, I don't think it's hard to find many kids in one place with the same name. I know about a million Hannah's and dss has two Jayden's on his baseball team and my dd has one on hers. Crazy. I didn't even know that name was that popular!

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

Old 03-12-2010, 09:18 PM

These baby boys will be named Caden Mathew and Mason Craig.

If I ever have a boy his name will be Gideon.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewife View Post
we're going with Ian or Owen. Pierce is his middle name.
I like both of these. Owen was one of my favorites, and Pearse (my maiden name, pronounced like Pierce) was his middle name. It's a shame the Aidan, etc. names have been so overdone.

I also like Townes, which someone mentioned earlier in the thread. Never heard that one before. Is that for Townes Van Zant? He wrote my very favorite song, so I love this pick!

I like Sawyer ok. Love Dominic. Boys names are just tougher than girls for some reason.

You could go with John Paul or Benedict after the past two popes. I would like those two even if I wasn't Catholic. Only thing about Benedict is I don't like Ben or Bennie, but the name is cool enough to be worth it IMO.

caffix.gif
Old 03-14-2010, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanma View Post
I saw this in New Posts and thought I'd throw one out there. My parents had an older friend named Erasmus with the nickname Raz. I always thought that was cool.
My great-grandfather's name was Erastus. Can't say I care for it, but each unto his own.

We had this same trouble and are still struggling for a middle name. Our top-picks list that didn't make it:

Orien (like The Orient w/out the "t")
Parker
Calem (kay-lum)

We ultimately decided on Warren. It's in the 500s for popularity, which is perfect, and yet it's not a "weird" name. I doubt it will be mispronounced, but I would be shocked to meet another kid his age with this name. It also goes nicely with big brother's name, Nathan, and although it makes a lot of N's (our last name has 2 in it), it goes well with the other male names in the family (all have N's).

Now we just have to decide on a middle name. We're torn between Parker and Robert (both honoring different great-grandfathers).

Wife to since '98; Homeschooling, just completed my doctorate & becoming crunchier by the day; Mom to DSs: 06/10,12/05, & 1/99 & 1 on the way (3/15)
Old 03-17-2010, 07:03 PM

Reviving this for people in need!

Juniper
Junin
Annan
Mateo
Maceo
Ronan
Jubel

We're going with Devon Peregrine for now. We have months to change our minds though!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

User Tag List