It's time for "snarky answers to stupid questions!" - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 03-11-2010, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It hasn't started yet, but it will soon I am sure...after this gigantic growth spurt.

My last pregnancy a women in a store said I must be due anytime now. I told her no, not for 2 months. Her response: "OMG then it has to be twins, did you get it checked out?" And she proceeded to start up an argument with me about how it had to be twins, I had to be wrong and needed a second opinion stat!

I also got countless other 'too big" comments. This time I am gearing up to answer back: "Oh, well you're not so skinny yourself" or "Yeah, you're looking really fat too, you should really get that checked out."

But that would just be rude

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#32 of 45 Old 03-11-2010, 10:16 AM

My husbands go-to reply:

- Do you know what you're having?
- Yes! We just found out! It's 2 humans!

DH and I are expecting twins July 15. Holy crap wish us luck.
#33 of 45 Old 03-11-2010, 09:45 PM

I need someting to say to people who tell me I'm too small after they ask how far along I am. I've thought of this:

"Oh, you're so small."
"Yeah, I guess I am, compared to you!"

But that's just too mean. And seriously, I'm not too small. Yeah, I'm skinny to start with but I've got a good sized baby bump right now!

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
#34 of 45 Old 03-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCmamaToMany View Post
Answer #1: Yeah and we've stopped washing our underwear together now.

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
#35 of 45 Old 03-12-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryBombMama View Post
my mom: "what kind of bottle are you using?"
me: "none. were breastfeeding."
mom: "but what about when *I* want to feed him/her?"
me: "you cant. cuz *ILL* be feeding the baby with my milk."
mom: "well god, then you'll get all attatched and wearning is going to be hard. how long are you going to feed the baby for?"
me: "a while. over a year. until the baby is done..."
mom: "what if he is SEVEN and wants to breastfeed?!?!"
me (totally joking but with a serious face so my mom thinks im serious): yeah, seven sounds good.
I did this to my MIL!
#36 of 45 Old 03-12-2010, 08:08 PM

Some random stranger felt the need to grope me at Target today.. Some dude that was in his 30s, (I can kinda understand when its an elderly person, still annoys me though).

Then asked me if I have an increased Libido... wtf?

So I smiled, licked my lips and winked at him, asked him to meet me in the changing room in 30 minutes to find out... walked away.. I heard him chuckling behind me.

My dh was very amused.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#37 of 45 Old 03-13-2010, 02:19 AM

This is a great thread! Love it!
We have 7 kids (we each had one child from previous marriage and then 5 together), and you would not believe how much intrusive, rude garbage I get because of we have *so* many. The most popular question lately is "how will you handle so many kids?" I want to say "Like anyone else that doesn't have their head completely up their @$$." Instead I just change the subject. This question bothers me for so many reasons, I know I can't touch it. I work at a daycare and routinely handle as many as 10 kids *all by myself* (gasp). A fellow coworker, the first day she started, had to ask the 'how to handle' question, too. All I did was look at her and say "Just watch me."
I don't know if it's because we're having twins, but people are practically fanatical about what their gender is. They just gotta know. My DH doesn't want to know, I am on the fence, so I am just going to defer to his preference. But it bugs me to no end that I get the question ALL THE TIME. And I have been asked the gender question since I was 10 wks along. My standard reply to 'what are you having?' is 'babies'. (Like another PP said.) Not too snarky, but man alive it's one of those questions that almost sends me over the edge.
#38 of 45 Old 03-14-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofchaos View Post
This is a great thread! Love it!
We have 7 kids (we each had one child from previous marriage and then 5 together), and you would not believe how much intrusive, rude garbage I get because of we have *so* many. The most popular question lately is "how will you handle so many kids?" I want to say "Like anyone else that doesn't have their head completely up their @$$." Instead I just change the subject. This question bothers me for so many reasons, I know I can't touch it. I work at a daycare and routinely handle as many as 10 kids *all by myself* (gasp). A fellow coworker, the first day she started, had to ask the 'how to handle' question, too. All I did was look at her and say "Just watch me."
I don't know if it's because we're having twins, but people are practically fanatical about what their gender is. They just gotta know. My DH doesn't want to know, I am on the fence, so I am just going to defer to his preference. But it bugs me to no end that I get the question ALL THE TIME. And I have been asked the gender question since I was 10 wks along. My standard reply to 'what are you having?' is 'babies'. (Like another PP said.) Not too snarky, but man alive it's one of those questions that almost sends me over the edge.
LOL I get the gender question A LOT! especially from people that know the last twins i delivered were girls. I usually say Babies... Now that I know they are boys I say Boy, and for some reason people think its way better then girls again? When they say something like "boys this time awesome!" I always say something like "yeah good thing its not girls, I we woulda been screwed then!"

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#39 of 45 Old 03-17-2010, 02:48 PM

it never fails to blow me away how rude/bizarre/clueless people can be.
#40 of 45 Old 03-18-2010, 09:52 AM

we don't find out the gender either.

Q: What are you having?
A: I'm hoping it's a pony!

Lindsay + Trev = DD RóisÃ*n (9/07) & DS Ãamonn (7/2010)
#41 of 45 Old 03-18-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanbh View Post

OMG, that's too funny!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#42 of 45 Old 03-18-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Reminds me a bit of what my husband replies when people ask about our dogs (we have whippets).

Q: What are those?
A: [total straight face] They're dogs!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#43 of 45 Old 03-18-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post
:
Q: What are those?
A: [total straight face] They're dogs!

I LOVE WHIPPETS! They're so neat-looking.

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
#44 of 45 Old 03-18-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCmamaToMany View Post
My father is an idiot to the point he used the same "joke" on us 3 different times in one year, but each time we had a snarky comment because his question was just so rude.

"So have you figured out what 'causes that' yet?" (refering to us getting pregnant "again")

Answer #1: Yeah and we've stopped washing our underwear together now.
Answer #2: Yeah and we've seperated our toothbrushes now.

After his second attempt at the joke I became annoyed because it's my DAD basically probing into my SEX LIFE with my HUSBAND! Obviously we KNOW what "causes it" since we had 5 or 6 kids each time he asked. When he asked for the 3rd time I made sure to embarrass him with the answer and I did a good enough job because he hasn't asked that dumb question again in the last 3 years.

Answer #3: Yeah and we're good at it. "DH" is great in bed. Why, do you need some tips or hints?

He turned bright red when I answered him with his new wife sitting next to him. I think he finally got the darn hint that his question was inappropriate and unwanted.
DDC Crashing

I wouldn't have been as creative. I believe, when a friend asked, I answered, "Sex" or "Penis and Vagina meeting" or something...

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#45 of 45 Old 03-18-2010, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page