Chillax or go "in"? New Update again on post 16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 03-09-2010, 09:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So about an hour ago I started having chest pains. Like right at the heart area to the right of my chest that spiders outward and stings quite a bit.

The pain is non stop- hurts more when I breathe inward, If that makes sense.

I do have asthma, its mild but I have been a little more weezey the past day or so. I have never had chest pains in association with my asthma.

My concerns are of course the big things, heart problems or a blood clot. But I would really hate to go in to the ER, because then they have to send you up to labor and delivery to be evaluated, then you go back down to the ER, and that could take hours here in the cities.

What would you do?

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#2 of 22 Old 03-09-2010, 10:05 PM

I would err on the side of caution with chest pain. I recommend getting it checked out. If you feel like you are ok you might want to wait until morning go see your OB/MW, if it gets any worse though, I'd go in for sure. Definitely hav eit checked out if it concerns you.

You might also want to try an antacid to see if it might be gastrointestinal in nature. ALOT of people go into the ER for chest pain that ends up being heartburn. It's worth a try.

Mommy to sweet baby Rhys born 7/15
#3 of 22 Old 03-09-2010, 10:11 PM

Is there a nurse help-line you could call, or do you have an OB/GYn or MW you could call? I would also rather waste a few hours in the ER than miss something potentially bad. I hope you feel better very soon!

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#4 of 22 Old 03-09-2010, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your input ladies. My dh is actually making up my mind for me. He went to get our truck from the auto shop and told me if I still feel the chest pain when he gets back, hes putting the kids to bed, calling my cousin to watch them and we are going in.

Plus he said chances are I won't have to wait that long, since chest pains usually get moved in faster.

I hope it turns out ok, thanks for your help! I will post later when I get home, or early tomorrow morning. I hope they don't admit me, but I hope more that its nothing. I have ulcers so I get a lot of acid and stuff like that, but this doesn't feel anything like that, so we will see I guess.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#5 of 22 Old 03-10-2010, 12:00 AM

Hope it's nothing, but keep us posted!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#6 of 22 Old 03-10-2010, 03:45 AM

Yikes! I sure hope it's nothing serious and that you'll be back home soon.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#7 of 22 Old 03-10-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2toomany View Post
Plus he said chances are I won't have to wait that long, since chest pains usually get moved in faster.
That's definitely the truth! They give some serious priority to chest pains. My DP has had gone to the ER twice since his mild heart attack, and they got him right in, fast.

I'm sure it's nothing, but you did the right thing. Keep us posted!

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#8 of 22 Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 PM

Any updates mama? hopefully you're just sleeping in...

GOOD moms let their kids lick the beaters. GREAT moms turn off the mixer first!
Humanist Woman Wife , & Friend Plus Mama to 6 (3 mos, 2, 9, 13, 17, 20)
#9 of 22 Old 03-10-2010, 01:36 PM

Hoping you and babies are ok!

My recent gall bladder issues started as chest pain that wrapped around my right rib cage and spearpointed itself in my spine. Breathing was difficult and painful. Chest pain is scary, I went in almost right away.

I will be stalking...er.. checking this thread frequently for updates

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#10 of 22 Old 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM

Another stalker looking for an update. Hope things are ok!

First time Mama, in love with my DH and we're in LOVE with our baby girl!!!
mdcblog5.gif
#11 of 22 Old 03-12-2010, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter

Update, sorry I totally forgot to update. but there isn't really much to update.

I went in, they saw an abnormal EKG, and then a heart murmur, not sure why or whats going on. I only have the murmur when I feel the pain. But for now the plan is to do nothing and wait.

#12 of 22 Old 03-12-2010, 09:20 PM

My midwife told me that pregnancy can cause a heart murmur to come back. I haven't had one since I was born and haven't noticed it in any of my other 4 pregnancies (3 term) but this I can feel the extra beats every so often.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#13 of 22 Old 03-12-2010, 09:21 PM

But I'm glad it was nothing serious for you!

#14 of 22 Old 03-13-2010, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
My midwife told me that pregnancy can cause a heart murmur to come back. I haven't had one since I was born and haven't noticed it in any of my other 4 pregnancies (3 term) but this I can feel the extra beats every so often.
Extra beats are palpitations, not a murmur. Palpitations can be totally normal, I get them even when I'm not pregnant.
#15 of 22 Old 03-13-2010, 02:26 AM

A couple of pgs ago I had very similiar pain to what you are describing and was told it could be anxiety or heartburn. Just yesterday I had this pain (quite intense and worse with inhaling, just like yours) while I was bent over sorting laundry. It was so bad I couldn't even stand up straight. I am not sure what caused it. Bending over may have caused some reflux/heartburn; plus I was stressing a bit, so maybe some anxiety to top it off. Oh, yeah, and when I am pg I get heart palpitations now and then, too. Had that checked out and told I am healthy and it just happens. Dunno if that's what is going on with you, but thought I'd share possibilities.
Whatever is going on, I hope it stays away, or if it doesn't, it's harmless.
#16 of 22 Old 03-13-2010, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Update again!

I have a hole in my heart it seems. I didn't know I had it, my mom knew, she says me and one of my little brothers (he passed away as a child from unrelated causes), had this as a child and was told we would grow out of it.

I also learned that my grandfather, who I thought had heart problems because of age, actually has had a bad heart since he was in his 20s.

There isn't much that can be done right now, at least that is what they are telling me. They did not give me a lot of info at all. But I do have another appt next week, and have strict instructions to go back in if anything happens.

So for now, It seems I wait.

#17 of 22 Old 03-13-2010, 07:45 PM

Whoa! What a thing to find out right now!

Hope you are feeling well and that you have no more complications from this

Happy and in love with my family!
#18 of 22 Old 03-13-2010, 07:51 PM

Is it because of the twins that things got crazy this time? I hope you are able to keep your feet up the rest of the time.
#19 of 22 Old 03-14-2010, 05:09 AM

Wow, that is something scary to find out in the middle of a pregnancy. I really hope that the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful. Don't know what to think of the hole. I guess the doctors aren't too worried since you have always had it and have done just fine. I hope it gets sorted out without causing you any undo worry.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#20 of 22 Old 03-14-2010, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#21 of 22 Old 03-14-2010, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Today I feel fine! Its weird, I doubt its pregnancy related, I have had twins before..

Who knows, I am just thankful that I know kinda whats up, I am a little ticked at my mom for never saying anything to me until now.

I forgive her though, she is a fragile person and doesn't always think like you or I would.

#22 of 22 Old 03-15-2010, 02:00 PM

HUGS

I hope you can find out more about it soon to put your mind at ease

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page