So who is having their last baby..sigh - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2010, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is definitly it for us. It is baby #3 and my 5th pregnancy in 6 years. DH is 42 this year, I wil be 35 in April and we decided 3 is it..
I feel happy to know that I will be moving on to the "next chapter" type of thing but I cant help but feel alittle sad that i wil never have a growing baby inside me after this one. or that Im getting "older" LOL

Anyone else know they are DONE?? How are you feeling this pregnancy about that?

Shelly, Mom to Sophia 5 Nicholas 3 & 2 Angels
Its a GIRL! Alyssa Ann 6/29/10 7lbs 5 oz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2010, 03:21 PM

This baby is my last. I know because my house can't stretch for more than seven people (think about when they're all bigger!). And we're 34 and have lots of hopes and plans for travel, work, etc when our kids are older. And it just feels right for my body, for my marriage, for financial reasons. I hadn't felt right about saying the other ones were "last" ones, but this time I do.

I'm a bit sad my daughter won't have a sister when she's older (I didn't appreciate mine til adulthood), but lots of people don't have sisters.

And yes, it does make me feel old and it's wierd to have waited in expectation for so long looking forward to having a family and it's like, "oh, now I'm done with that phase of life of childbearing." Not really yet though so I'm trying to enjoy every bump and wiggle!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Old 03-15-2010, 03:42 PM

This is our last... I'm sad but thankful I got to have the number I'd always wanted. I'm savoring each and every bump thump and pain since I'll never ever get to feel it again.
I'm a little bummed but happy because on both sides of the family the boys are the only grandkids, so while we are done everyone else will just be starting...I keep telling myself that I'll get to enjoy their babies.
I'm 27 and DH is 31, right now I'm thankful we started young because we'll still have a few years of "us" time before we get to start spoiling our grandkids!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Old 03-15-2010, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
This is it for me. Of course I said I was done after number 2, but I always felt in my heart though that I would have three kids. I feel complete now. I knew I didn't want any more kids with my ex-husband, but I also wasn't sure we would ever split up. When that happened I kind of opened my mind to the possibility of another child. I think this one was hanging out for awhile waiting for the right time to make her appearance. This has been a really emotional pregnancy and there is a lot of healing happening. I am excited for the birth. I think it will be really cool to bring this little one into the world.

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
Old 03-15-2010, 05:30 PM

this is it for us too, sad to think about really. But 3 feels right and I know dh is ready to start with the next chapter thing too. I am sad for sure that the page is turning.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 PM

We're done at 2. I've always wanted a boy and a girl and I am getting that. DH was happy with just DS but I felt he needed a sibling.

I had ms with this one so the thought of having that again with 2 kids to chase around doesn't appeal to me AT ALL.

I'm feeling great about it, just happy to get my 2

DS is 4!
DD 8/10/10!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:56 PM

I'm pretty sure we're done. For a while, I thought we'd be done at one even though I had always wanted two (DD has the spirit/energy/personality of at least two kids). This will be girl number 2 for us, which I feel like puts us in a special category. I had one brother and while growing up, "normal" moms had at least one girl and one boy. All girl or all boy moms seemed like special cases. Now I get to be special

And besides, we had to undergo fertility treatments (IUI) for both babies, so I don't at all dread putting that behind me. It makes a surprise baby quite a long shot, too.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:55 PM

This is it for us too. Sounds so practical and defeatist but it's just not realistic to have a big family and continue to travel with Dh's career and for me to keep my sanity!
I can foresee flying alone to the UK or Spain to see the in-laws with 2 children if DH can't come. Anymore than 2...I just don't have the 'zen' for
My Aunt has 4 children and I love being around big families and their unique dynamics. After losing a parent, I wished that it wasn't *just* me and my Sister to hold each other up.
Moreover, I am sad that this will be my last pregnancy (unless we have a big oops). I also feel under a little pressure from my inner earth mama to have a perfect birth because this'll be the last one.
Eeek, don't want to jinx anything!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 PM

We're probably done. I never envisioned having more than one or two--even before I married the first time and had no idea I'd eventually end up with a stepkid, or first starting "my own" family in my mid-30s. (I married my first husband when I was 22, and I'd assumed I'd be done having kids by 30. We never had any.)

I've also not been a huge fan of actually being pregnant. There have been many moments of "people go through this ON PURPOSE MULTIPLE TIMES?!" I'm 34 (avoided AMA by 2 months) and don't see this being any easier if I did it again in a couple of years.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
Old 03-15-2010, 07:19 PM

I'm pretty sure we're done after this one. Two is a great number for us. I'm a little sad though about this being the last time for each stage of pregnancy. We're not completely shutting the door with permanent b/c though, but we are both feeling pretty "done."
Old 03-15-2010, 07:39 PM

I have always said you should never have more children then you have arms or adults because all they have to do to outwit you is run in opposite directions...well, here I am with four, in a itsy bitsy home (with 3 acres thankfully), no more kiddos for me. In fact you've just inspired a thread. Now that your done, how to make sure...

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:50 PM

This will be our last, too. We wavered about a second but are really excited!! Two is a great number for us!

mama to dd 2x Our sweet boy is here! 7/27
Old 03-15-2010, 07:54 PM

We're pretty sure we're done. We had planned on having this one plus one more, but now we're thinking not so much! In addition to how tough her medical needs are going to be, this pregnancy has been hell. I don't want to do it again, and dh says he doesn't want to put me through it again, especially since we'll have a medically fragile youngster. We're not at the point of actually scheduling the vasectomy, but we're one step below that.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
Old 03-15-2010, 09:59 PM

Unless we somehow have a shockingly no/low complication pregnancy this is it. I get prego WAAAY to easy these days, and have a history of loss including 2 second tri losses last year (complete with hemorrhages and blood transfusions)
I am sad, but content/happy to be moving on to the next phase of life, where I can focus all of my attentions and energies on my boys.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Old 03-15-2010, 11:26 PM

I think this might be our last............we always planned on 3 but pregnancy is really hard on me and in turn dh because he has to take on a lot more and deal with my mood swings. I'm trying to cherish what I can in this pregnancy because it might be the last time I'm pregnant. I'll be sad if we're done because I don't feel like this chapter should be done yet. We'll see what happens...........I guess I shouldn't make any decisions in the midst of a bad pregnancy.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
Old 03-15-2010, 11:27 PM

I'm positive this is it for us, and I feel really good about that decision so that makes me even more sure. I have the feeling that I need to savor the wiggles and bumps because I'm not doing this again, but I'm not sad. I'm 34, will be 35 in May, and this is our third child. I don't want to be raising kids until I'm 60, and this pregnancy has been MUCH harder on my body than my pregnancies at ages 20 and 30, so my body is also apparently saying "hey! I'm done here!" LOL.

I'm sure I will have sad little wistful moments here and there, but overall I'm at peace with the decision.

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:44 PM

These are not my babies and hopefully (barring no complications). I will have two more pregnancies, but only if it is safe.

I want one more for us, then I want to do another surrogacy after that.

It could all be wishful thinking, my dh had a vasectomy 5 years ago, But I can still hope!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:20 AM

DH, I *think* is done. This is #2 for him but #4 for me. I have savored #2, #3, & this one as lasts so if it is the last, I suppose I will be ok. I will be 34 end of June so *if* we had another, I would be the dreaded advanced maternal age

5 kids sounds like a nice number, but we will see what this little one "says", and 4 is nice too

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
Old 03-16-2010, 04:34 AM

I am SO done. Really. I'll be so happy when this lo is out and I don't have to deal with pregnancy related crap anymore ever again!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

Old 03-16-2010, 10:41 PM

We're done too. Although, we've said that before, and here we are! When we had two, I was always wanting another. I was happy with two but always had this little longing for another. And now he's coming! DS and DD (5 and 7) have been out of the high physical needs phase for a while now, so it's going to be hard to go back to that. But it will also be easier in some ways--we're experienced, and we've had a nice break.

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
Old 03-16-2010, 11:04 PM

This will be our last (more than likely) as well. #3 and it's a boy. It took Dh 5 years to give a final answer if he wanted anymore children. I was shocked to get this one last time to feel a babe rolling around in my tum. I'm savouring every bit of it.

Alexandria married to the love of my life Michael for 10 years! Momma to Abigail Marie 8 yo, Emma Leigh 5 yo and Ian Pierce due 7.2.10
Old 03-16-2010, 11:06 PM

I am done done done. With my second I was always unsure, but now, I am definitely sure. 36 and pregnant with my third, my oldest will be 7 years older than this baby, so yeah, its time to close up shop. I already told my OB that if for some reason I end up with a c section, she can just go ahead and tie the tubes and she laughed and said "are you sure", my answer was "absolutely!".

It is a bit sad, but I am looking forward to just enjoying her as much as I can.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:05 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Same feelings over here that are had by many others. This will be our last too and I am a bit sad that I'll never feel a little monkey rolling around inside me again. I have enjoyed my pregnancies generally. But we have to know where our limits are (energywise, financially, etc) so that's us done. I just keep thinking to myself we are fortunate to have three lovely kids.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 03-20-2010, 03:26 AM

This is our last, #7/#8 and I am really depressed about it. I cry (here I go) whenever I think about it. I don't want anymore, and I don't particularly enjoy pg, but I LOVE babies and nursing is the best. It's going to be super hard when these two wean. I'll probably let them nurse until kindergarten.
DH got the V, so unless something unexpected happens....
Old 03-20-2010, 05:38 AM

I think this one will be my last. I always said I wanted two girls and a boy.. I'm not sure if this one is a boy, and I'll be equally happy if it's a girl, but ya.. so far my "prediction" as a kid has already come 2/3rds right.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:18 PM

Yes! I am so done with being pregnant! This pregnancy has really taken a toll on my body, emotions, our family, etc..

We're excited to move into the next phase of our lives, which is adoption. It's always been our plan to have two bio kids, then adopt two. We'll see what happens! We'd like a good four year gap between this babe and our next one.

Enjoying life with DH since 05/04 and our two boys Oliver 02/07 and Theodore 07/10 

Old 03-25-2010, 04:14 PM

I'm glad I found this thread. This is my second, and I feel as if I want three (or four!), but my husband is from a family of two, and that feels right to him.

Reading what you ladies have posted will make me savor the next three months. Though our conversation remains open, I may never again have a tiny person growing inside me. I need to enjoy it!

Thanks!

Mom to a sunny toddler and a snoozy baby
Old 03-25-2010, 08:20 PM

Michele, you guys sound like DH and I. I always wanted 3 or 4 and he was happy with just two. So 2 it was going to be...until we found out otherwise in October! I was absolutely thrilled right away--DH took a tiny bit longer but he's now really excited about this new one too.

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 PM
MJB

This is our last, at least biologically. My husband is getting a vasectomy and we both feel totally sure about this. I'm trying to savor the last pregnancy, but more often than I appreciate it, I appreciate that this is the last time I have to do it! We're really glad that this one is a girl and I probably would have been sad about it being our last if she'd been a boy. I always wanted 3 but I didn't want them to all be boys!
We might adopt in the future, but this is our last pregnancy.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post
I've also not been a huge fan of actually being pregnant. There have been many moments of "people go through this ON PURPOSE MULTIPLE TIMES?!" I'm 34 (avoided AMA by 2 months) and don't see this being any easier if I did it again in a couple of years.
i don't really belong on this thread, but, fwiw, i actually pretty much *hate* being pregnant, and i love giving birth. i don't have complicated or high-risk pregnancies, but i have just about every crappy discomfort in the book all.pregnancy.long. that said, we plan on more kids, but who knows really? it took years to get pg with dd (i have pcos), i've had several losses, and dh and i are getting older. ok, so i'll be 28 when this baby is born and dh will be almost 33, but i don't see my body having an easier time in my 30's. and if i get pg on track how i have with the last 2, #4 wouldn't be born until i'm 30. doesn't sound like fun. and we're getting ready to build a straw-bale house and start a homestead, so we'll see what happens! we really would love more kids though.........

User Tag List