If this is your last baby, what are your plans for birth control? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 03-19-2010, 05:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie View Post
Yeah, that's part of what is ticking me off about this whole thing. Why in the heck can't DH be the one thinking about having something surgically implanted up his penis? I hate condoms as much as he does, and I do understand not wanting to get a V since I'm on the fence about the tubal, but it is just so irritating that whatever we use has to be used on me
I agree!! It really sucks. Here's an article on male birth control:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3543478/

Looks like the technology is there...it's all about finding the money to fund it. The article is alright, though some parts kind of ticked me off.

Enjoying life with DH since 05/04 and our two boys Oliver 02/07 and Theodore 07/10 

#32 of 34 Old 03-19-2010, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie View Post
Yeah, that's part of what is ticking me off about this whole thing. Why in the heck can't DH be the one thinking about having something surgically implanted up his penis? I hate condoms as much as he does, and I do understand not wanting to get a V since I'm on the fence about the tubal, but it is just so irritating that whatever we use has to be used on me
EXACTLY!

And if I've had to get my vagina torn open to my asshole to birth his first child, and go through drug-free vaginal childbirth, isn't it his turn to get a little ouchie on his penis? I mean really.

Rant over.

The logical part of my brain understands his hesitation though. I would feel very grateful though and like he was lovingly taking one for the team to protect himself and me from future pregnancies.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#33 of 34 Old 03-20-2010, 02:17 AM

With the last PG we were done and really thought that natural family planning was going to continue to work as permanent methods weren't something we wanted and I have tried and had problems with EVERY other method out there. But low and behold, here I am! So DH got the V in February. As soon as he found out we were pg, he scheduled to get in. As a warning to those relying on fertility signs, I had NO fertility signs before I got pg this last time. Yes, I was paying very close attention; we took no chances. It sounds lame and ignorant, but I really don't know how I got pg considering the lack of signs. However, prior to this pg I was having mid-cycle spotting and long or short cycles and other weirdness and combined with my age, perhaps I shouldn't have been relying on NFP.
#34 of 34 Old 03-20-2010, 03:49 PM

My dh will get the big V next spring. We had agreed on it before and my dad sealed he deal :-), ha ha.

My dad actually sat down with my husband and told him that as a man part of his duty was to ensure that we do not have more family than we can take care of, that after this will be my third delivery and years of pills/hormones so it is his turn to step up and make sure that I don't put my body thru anymore.

However, I did talk to my OB and I told her that if for some reason we end up with a c section to go ahead and go in there and tie my tubes and she put it on my chart after asking me "are you sure" about four times.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page