My baby bump(or lack thereof) at 24wks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am still so sad I have no baby bump...to prove this finally to all my fam living long ways away I finally took a photo. 24 wks....(5'9 180ish lbs)
http://www5.snapfish.com/slideshow/A...5797_60925797/
Whaddya think?
#2 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 01:55 AM

I think you look good! I have a basket ball under my shirt already! I am about the same weight as you are and 5'7". I've gained 15lbs so far but apparently it's all belly because mine is way big.

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#3 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 09:12 AM

I know that it has to be upsetting that you don't have this belly poking out but really this is a good thing! It means that you have some rocken abdominal muscles that is holding everything in. I know that don't make you feel great now but you will be thankful after the baby is born and your body snaps back (or close to) where it started. Trust me, it is NOT fun walking around with a newborn and looking 7 months pregnant!

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#4 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Haha...I wish I could credit this to my abs! thank you ali! I will take anyone thinking my abs are nice . I was the same way with my dd but I thought you "pop" sooner with your second....I am having crazy sciatic pain and wishing that at least while im waddling and limping around I had a belly bump to blame!
#5 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 09:30 AM

You look great! And I hear you on the pain and limping...ugh!

I've heard you pop sooner with subsequent pregnancies because the muscles are looser, but in your case, you must have a six-pack made of steel! Maybe your sixth or seventh pregnancy will show earlier!

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
#6 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 09:58 AM

Not sure what you looked like before, but I have a similar shape now and I consider myself to have a bump!

And yes, it's the abs!

#7 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You are tall which means baby has plenty of room to hang out and stretch without pushing outward yet. It also means you don't get as squished at the end. Bump will come when the baby runs out room:-)

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
#8 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 11:56 AM

I'm a shorty with squishy abs so at 12 weeks people were asking if I'm sure I'm not having twins.

I can understand how you'd like to be showing more. I'm sure it will happen soon.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#9 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 02:54 PM

This is me at 20.5 weeks and I consider myself huge (in comparison to my normal self) but I think most people can't even tell it's a baby bump.

http://paularickert.net/albums/userp...2010-03-15.JPG

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#10 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 04:06 PM

LOL oh lowd! I will make my dh take a picture of me when he gets done working in the shop today..

I look like a watermelon thief!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#11 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 04:13 PM

I have a MAJOR bump at 24 weeks and remember when I was pregnant with my first wishing I would show more, sooner, bigger than I was, now I look down and think to myself, eeeegads if this is how big I am now, whats June gonna look like...I agree with PP you'll be thankful post baby, but I hear you on wanting people to "see" your pregnant.

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
#12 of 24 Old 03-17-2010, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_mommy View Post
It means that you have some rocken abdominal muscles that is holding everything in. I know that don't make you feel great now but you will be thankful after the baby is born and your body snaps back (or close to) where it started. Trust me, it is NOT fun walking around with a newborn and looking 7 months pregnant!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#13 of 24 Old 03-18-2010, 01:11 PM

wow, I am jealous of you ladies I am 5'7 and started out 130 lbs. This is my second and I am already at 152. Its no fun when people ask if your carrying multiples and your not!!!

Mama to Ella & Elisa, Wife to James
#14 of 24 Old 03-19-2010, 12:51 AM

I'm 22 wks now and **** have no baby belly either. I can STILL wear my non-maternity jeans buttoned & zipped up! I can STILL wear my normal shirts too.

I wish my baby belly was more prominent as well. This is my 8th and in my other pregnancies baby belly has popped out by now! It really is frustrating, especially when I want to park in the pink parking and feel guilty for NOT looking pregnant!

I'm still down 15lbs in my highest weight during pregnancy too. My rings are getting bigger on my fingers and my regular jeans are starting to get loose and I am close to being able to get them off without unbuttoning and unzipping! LOL

I was hoping that after having lost 130lbs before getting pregnant that I would show more, and quicker and enjoy this pregnancy more. Instead I am 5½ mo pregnant and don't look it at all! It's down right frustrating and I know how you feel!

Here I JUST took this pic. 22 weeks and I think I have less of a baby bump than you, LOL
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...rch1810194.jpg

winner.jpg Mom to 9 ~*~ 4 babygirl.gif  4 babyboy.gif & 1rainbow1284.gif(MtF) ~*~ uc.jpg  lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif Rainbow.gif heartbeat.gif

#15 of 24 Old 03-19-2010, 01:15 AM

chattyprincess and UCmama..........you ladies both look wonderful but I know you are frustrated and wanting a bump! I can sympathize.......I'm 22 weeks now and down 10 pounds from pre-preg weight. Still wearing my normal jeans and shirts.......actually my normal jeans are getting to be too big. I thought I had a baby bump but I still run into people who are surprised to hear I'm preggo. Baby is measuring on track. I'm smaller then I was with DD but I packed on the pounds for her so that might be the difference. Dh swears I look pregnant and I think so to (I actually haven't liked my body this much in quite awhile) but who knows? The consolation is in a very short time we'll all be big and waddling then we can show off our huge bumps

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#16 of 24 Old 03-19-2010, 05:06 AM

If anything I can finally see how some teens and women can NOT look pregnant, for months and months on end. I can see how someone MIGHT actually be able to NOT know they were pregnant if they don't look pregnant even more than half way through their pregnancy.

I never thought it was possible until now. I mean chatty is basically 6 mo pregnant and I am 5½mo pregnant and if you didn't know it you probably wouldn't think we were pregnant if you met us, for the first time on the street, right?!

It's certainly given me a different perspective on how some people can really hide their pregnancies or not "know".

Although, little miss Adelyn's movements seem to be my dead give away, especially since she LOVES to dance on my cervix, which drives me batty! Even still, I didn't feel her move until about 20 weeks! That's a long time. I could have easily not known I was pregnant for 20 weeks if I hadn't peed on that HPT, LOL. We weren't trying and my cycles were all messed up and had been skipping so I could have easily attributed all of my symptoms to my weight loss and WLS if it hadn't been for me seriously and randomly peeing on that stick.

It boggles my mind to think about not knowing for 20 weeks.

winner.jpg Mom to 9 ~*~ 4 babygirl.gif  4 babyboy.gif & 1rainbow1284.gif(MtF) ~*~ uc.jpg  lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif Rainbow.gif heartbeat.gif

#17 of 24 Old 03-19-2010, 05:01 PM

DDCC. I'm 17w4d right now, but measured 25 weeks at my 16w appointment because I'm carrying twins. OP-- I think you and I have a very similar build. I'm also 5'9"-- a few pounds lighter right now (174? something like that), but for all intensive purposes, the same. I looked just like you do now when I was at the same point in my second pregnancy, and I look about the same now, in this my third (but twin) pregnancy. I've finally realized that my ribs are big enough that I have a large body cavity for my uterus to expand into before it's going to pop out in front. It doesn't matter that it's a subsequent pregnancy-- there's just extra room! I am much "thicker" from my ribs all the way down, but I only have the smallest bump on the bottom (despite measuring so large for dates).

I remember with my first pregnancy, I went on a college alumni tubing trip-- in a *bathing suit*-- right at about 30 weeks. Nobody noticed I was pregnant. Not one person. Some of us just take a little longer to show!
#18 of 24 Old 03-19-2010, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Awesome abs, girls!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#19 of 24 Old 03-19-2010, 07:42 PM

I'm the same way. No one can tell, unless I'm wearing a tight shirt whilst I'm working out. When I workout, I get BH and my tummy grows massively! If I'm just in regular clothes, no one can tell, and I'm almost finished with 24 weeks! I'm about your height, maybe 30lbs lighter(after a 20 lb weight gain in the first tri - yikes!), so I thought I would show pretty quick, as I was thin, but I still keep hiding the baby! I've popped some, but it just looks like an average-sized tummy now. I think abs play somewhat of a role in it, as I HAD 4-pack abs, which I'll probably never see again. But I also think that the length of your body and space in your torso is the major factor in it all. I have a friend who is a personal trainer, had awesome abs, but popped out pretty quick as she has a shorter torso. I have a long torso, so lots of space for upwards growth, and I'm not forced to grow out, yet.

I have found if I wear tighter clothes, that helps and if I wear maternity clothes, well, they make ANYONE look pg! Like lrgs said, soon enough we'll all be waddling around!

First time Mama, in love with my DH and we're in LOVE with our baby girl!!!
mdcblog5.gif
#20 of 24 Old 03-19-2010, 08:19 PM

holy jumpin' I just looked at the two photos there and I can't believe it. haha. where is the baby? I have looked preggers for awhile. I started out pretty thin, 120 and I am 5'8" but my belly popped out way early this time!
I don't know how to link to a photo. hmm let me see.
ok this is at 18 weeks
http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/mypag....asp?id=605307
I havn't changed that much since then.
And this is before pregnancy
http://babyfit.sparkpeople.com/mypag....asp?id=603834

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#21 of 24 Old 03-19-2010, 09:20 PM - Thread Starter

Shenan! LOOK AT THAT BUMP!!!! I love it...I need to go get me one of those...hmm.
Uc, yeah, its kinda stinky! And I totally agree. I was the same with my first dd and now I really really get how some women would never think they were preggers! OMG. Baby danced on my cervix once and I was sure i was going to die...I dropped to the floor and did that dog yoga pose and shook around...it felt SO bizzare.
I am finally looking "bigger" at night and while its not necessarily a bump it is definatly a large fat looking something! LOL!!!!
I am now getting joy out of telling people I am 6 months pregnant and seeing thier reaction...I need something to give me laughs right?
#22 of 24 Old 03-20-2010, 12:43 PM

After looking at the other pics, I took one real quick in a bikini this morning: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23..._/belly005.jpg Again, that's at about 18w with twins, fundus measuring about 27w. Not much there! Sometimes it'll pooch more, especially as the day goes on, but there you go!
#23 of 24 Old 03-20-2010, 03:25 PM

Shenan, wow! I was totally skinny pre-pg and have got the bump to show for it . . . and the thighs, butt, upper arms . . .grrrr! Ah, well. Summer will be along soon enough and then I can skinny up again.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#24 of 24 Old 03-21-2010, 03:28 AM

Everyone is different. Our bodies grow babies uniquely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromommy View Post
You are tall which means baby has plenty of room to hang out and stretch without pushing outward yet. It also means you don't get as squished at the end. Bump will come when the baby runs out room:-)
I am tall as well (5' 10" pre-preg. 130) . It always bugged me that I couldn't show off my baby bump because the baby was all tucked in. But I think pregnancy can be easier like this, not having to haul the baby around with a big belly. You can probably bounce back quicker after birth, with no stretch marks or saggy skin too. There are lots of benefits!

My first DD was 8 lbs. 7 oz., and I thought she'd be small because I didn't "stick out" like other women do. She just grew *up* rather than *out*.

I also have this weird experience that when I lay down on my back, sometimes the baby bump disappears. Even up to 30-something weeks with my first DD!

So what I'm trying to say is don't worry! Your baby will be fine as long as you are taking care of yourself, getting enough rest, water, vitamins and minerals. Your body is efficient!

(I also wanted to say that I don't think it has much to do with how strong the abdominals are, as I was a super lazy-ass before getting pregnant with my first DD! )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page