Old 04-10-2010, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
I like "Lilah".
me too!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2010, 01:55 AM

We'll probably go for Cael Malachi (.... you can probably guess what my last name is) for a boy, but no idea where to go for a girl. A couple of weeks ago I was into Kathryn Victoria for a girl (Victoria is my mom's name), but now it doesn't resonate with me when I say it out loud. We already have Kieran Elliott - kinda have a thing for irish names
Old 05-12-2010, 02:01 AM

Oh, I forgot about "Niamh" (pronounced Neev) for a girl and "Neevie" as a nickname. Cael (see my last post above) is pronounced "kale" (like my favourite vegetable). DH is stuck on Malachi for a boy because it means "messanger", but I don't like that it begins with "Mal", a word that means "bad" is so many languages. I compromised and said we could use it a first name.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:51 AM

We've settled on:

Finnegan Danger or Aria Manon

We've had Finnegan (to be shortened to Finn for everyday use) on our baby name list for like 5 years, WAY before we got pregnant. As for the middle name, we couldn't decide on one we both liked and dh finally said why don't we do something totally different and I responded with "something like, Danger" and now he's IN LOVE with "danger is my middle name" and I've already had a nightmare about a toddling little boy who's first sentace is "danger is my middle name" doing all sorts of dangerous, mother-fear inducing things....

"Aria" we really liked because it's so musical and just plain pretty, and "Manon" was actually our first choice (we're both French and love french girls names) but since we both have M names I just couldn't use it in #1 position.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:59 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthia View Post
We've settled on:

Very nice! I really like them both.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Old 05-13-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
We've settled on:

We've had Finnegan (to be shortened to Finn for everyday use) on our baby name list for like 5 years, WAY before we got pregnant. As for the middle name, we couldn't decide on one we both liked and dh finally said why don't we do something totally different and I responded with "something like, Danger" and now he's IN LOVE with "danger is my middle name" and I've already had a nightmare about a toddling little boy who's first sentace is "danger is my middle name" doing all sorts of dangerous, mother-fear inducing things....
My DS's name is Trent Danger! I don't think that he's taken after his name. He's no more dangerous than the average 5.5 yo boy. A few bruises and scrapes, but no ER visits yet!

DS 8/4/04 "You're my best mommy in the deep blue sea!"
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*
Old 05-13-2010, 05:08 AM

Crazy - If we were having a girl she was going to be Juniper. I was one of the billion Jennifers named in the 70's after that Donovan song, "Jennifer Juniper". We would have called her Junie.

Our boy will be named Oliver Finn. Finn is a good Irish name but it's mostly a nod to Mark Twain, whom I love dearly. We'll probably call him Ollie.

We also liked Jasper and Wylie for a boy and Sadie, Maisey, and Eliza for a girl.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 AM

Quote:
we've settled on:

Finnegan danger or aria manon

love!!!!!!!

DH and I are expecting twins July 15. Holy crap wish us luck.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenDiggity View Post
Crazy - If we were having a girl she was going to be Juniper. I was one of the billion Jennifers named in the 70's after that Donovan song, "Jennifer Juniper". We would have called her Junie.

Our boy will be named Oliver Finn. Finn is a good Irish name but it's mostly a nod to Mark Twain, whom I love dearly. We'll probably call him Ollie.

We also liked Jasper and Wylie for a boy and Sadie, Maisey, and Eliza for a girl.
I love the name Jasper and Oliver...my son's name is Harper Elijah and we are expecting another boy in July...I like Simon and Elliot and Owen and Levi, but can't get my husband to agree on anything but Kai.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:13 AM

Quote:
We've settled on:

Really love both of these! Nice!

We are back to the drawing board. Lilah is still on the list but not for sure anymore. Naomi, Gianna (Gia for short), Irina, and Simone are currently in the running too. We are having trouble deciding this time around!

married to DH for eleven years Mama to dd1 1/30/07 and dd2 7/12/10
Old 05-14-2010, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarmis35 View Post
Really love both of these! Nice!

We are back to the drawing board. Lilah is still on the list but not for sure anymore. Naomi, Gianna (Gia for short), Irina, and Simone are currently in the running too. We are having trouble deciding this time around!
We're using Simone as a middle name if it's a girl. I've always thought it's such a beautiful name, I wanted something French to reflect my mom's heritage and I'm a huge fan of Nina Simone!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 AM

I've never posted on here, but am stggling to find a name for our baby boy who is due in a few weeks.... So far we've been calling him Harper. But I'm not sure if that's his name. His sister is Juniper Rose. We love the names Asher, Noah, Finn, Liam and Zachariah (love the meaning of that one). I want this baby to have an original name that goes with our last name Rego... This is so much harder than with his sister who basically named herself Any thoughts????
Old 05-24-2010, 09:42 PM

Matthia- I have a friend with a son named Finnegan and she just had a little girl named Aria! I adore both those names!

If this baby is a girl (which it probably is but the U/S could have missed something) she will be Cora Jade. There really isn't any significance, we just like it.
If it's a boy it will be Decker James. Decker was DHs great grandpa's last name and that is what everyone called him. James is my dad's middle name.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Old 05-29-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehazzard View Post
I've never posted on here, but am stggling to find a name for our baby boy who is due in a few weeks.... So far we've been calling him Harper. But I'm not sure if that's his name. His sister is Juniper Rose. We love the names Asher, Noah, Finn, Liam and Zachariah (love the meaning of that one). I want this baby to have an original name that goes with our last name Rego... This is so much harder than with his sister who basically named herself Any thoughts????
having the same problem. My son is Harper Elijah. I picked his name out at 4 months pregnant and the moment he came out I knew he was a harper. This time...I have no clue. Have lots of names that I like but nothing as definetive as when I was prego with Harp. It is a great name with a lot of personality...I suggest doing numerology on the name and see if the personality of the name feels right.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

We've changed our mind, and have now settled on the name Hope for our baby girl. It feels more right than any other name we considered. Now on to the search for the middle name.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:50 AM

I have to share - DH does not want to talk about names at all, mostly because I keep bringing it up. We have a couple names for each gender, but nothing that really grabs him.

Anyways - I was talking with a friend of ours the other day, and he was talking about a little boy they were babysitting named Sawyer. I misheard him and thought he said, "Slayer", and didn't straighten it out until he'd said the name 2 or 3 times! Ha. Slayer. They have a friend who named their son Axle Rose Lastname, so we were joking about possible names for our son Slayer.

The result?

Slayer X

(just kidding - but I thought it was pretty darn funny!)
Old 06-17-2010, 06:32 PM

We are naming our little one Nettle - like the plant. We can't seem to come up with a middle name. Dh and his father and grandfather all have the middle name Ashley, which I like, but then LOs initials would be NAB? That's not good...We may end up with out one.

Married 9/12/2009 DS born naturally 6/20/2010
Old 06-18-2010, 09:16 AM

I really like the name Nettle! Offbeat but pretty, I think. What about two middle names instead of just one?

DS 8/4/04 "You're my best mommy in the deep blue sea!"
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*
Old 06-18-2010, 01:25 PM

I really like it too! Gosh, I never thought about 2 middle names. We could do Nettle Ashley Ray (Ray is my grandfathers middle name and my brothers) But then it would be NARB - which is probably worse! It will come to us I am sure, or we will forgo the middle name altogether.

Oh, and Danger - now that is one sweet middle name!

Married 9/12/2009 DS born naturally 6/20/2010

User Tag List