Athlete's Foot or cholestasis? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-20-2010, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been having pretty bad itching on my feet at night. Last night I noticed I was mildly itchy more or less all over, including on my palms. Should I convince them that I need to get tested for cholestasis, or is it probably just from the athlete's foot?

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

#2 of 3 Old 04-20-2010, 02:07 PM

I would definately bring it up with your provider. I don't personally have experience with cholestasis, but the fact that you are itchy on your palms too seems to put it out of the range of athlete's foot.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#3 of 3 Old 04-21-2010, 12:51 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks, I think I will... I have an appt. for next week. Not sure if I should try to go in earlier for a blood draw.

The itching isn't THAT bad, certainly nothing close to the "want to cut off my hands and feet" that I've heard from people - just an all-over light itchiness including on my hands (maybe a bit worse there) and what feels like a bad case of athlete's foot.

But I think I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page