Dear people who can't use google. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
To whom is may concern,

I know you heard from a neighbor of mine or a friend of a friend that I am a surrogate. I really do appreciate your curiosity and welcome questions to a certain degree.

But friend after awhile it almost seems like I am getting the 3rd degree.

I would like to set the record straight and just do this once, I know I will have to do this 1000 more times during this pregnancy, and more so after and possibly for the rest of my life.

I know it is my job to educate you, I know this isn't something you can understand without asking questions, I respect that, there is a line though, about what you can and cannot ask. When the questions become less about learning and more about some backward view you have, then I feel the need to pull out the inner beast.

No I did NOT have sex to get pregnant.

Yes you can carry and deliver babies that have NO biological link to you.

Why can't they have their own children? They are lacking a uterus, its ok though, they are comfortable with having male genitalia.

No I am NOT worried about the children growing up gay. I don't view being gay as a handicap or a bad thing. From what I have learned through common sense, straight people raise gay children too, otherwise we wouldn't have gay people at all. I am way less worried about the fathers ability to parent their twins then I am about you feeling it is ok to ask this in front of your own children.

No I won't be sad, I am not giving up anything, I am adding to something.

Yes I get compensation, no I don't feel it is baby selling, see above, these children would have never been born if not for the actions of their parents. I am a vessel to help them achieve a goal they dreamed up.

I am off now to go bang my head against a wall.. take care

A Surrogate Carrier.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#2 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 07:14 PM

not in your ddc, but your post made me laugh. I'm sorry you have to be subjected to that....

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#3 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 07:59 PM

way to go mama!

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
#4 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Most of the time I find the silly questions to be amusing, but when people keep asking its like UGH how can I explain this that will make sense to you? In the end I can't.. if they don't get it they don't get it.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#5 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 09:57 PM

You rock mama!!!

DH and I are expecting twins July 15. Holy crap wish us luck.
#6 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You're awesome!

For every ***** out there like the one you mention above, know that there are loads of us who applaud, appreciate and commend what you are doing! You're a brave and generous woman...I'm so glad there are people like you!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#7 of 14 Old 05-01-2010, 11:25 PM

Not in your DDC but
People's stupidity never ceases to amaze me
#8 of 14 Old 05-02-2010, 12:31 AM

I think what you're doing is amazing! I wish more people would stop to tell you that.

It always amazes me that people can be SO ignorant, especially around pregnant women. Combine that with my own hormones and the further along I get, the more I just want people to shut up. Unless they're going to tell me that I look "fabulous," like the nice old lady at Whole Foods last week.

Anyway, they suck and you rock. Please don't forget it.

Mommy to a gorgeous little miracle
#9 of 14 Old 05-02-2010, 11:21 AM

Good for you!

I think you should print these and carry them as handouts for when rude people ask you these types of things.

#10 of 14 Old 05-02-2010, 01:06 PM

I'm not in your DDC either, but a fellow surrogate. I love it! I've had those days too. Great response!

Kelly - Labor & Delivery RN, IBCLC, Wife of 22 years, Mom to 4
Proud Surrogate Mommy

#11 of 14 Old 05-02-2010, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Mama2toomany

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#12 of 14 Old 05-03-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
You're awesome!

For every idiot out there like the one you mention above, know that there are loads of us who applaud, appreciate and commend what you are doing! You're a brave and generous woman...I'm so glad there are people like you!
I completely agree!! Thank you for being such a wonderful human!!!

mama to dd 2x Our sweet boy is here! 7/27
#13 of 14 Old 05-03-2010, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you all very much! You rock.

#14 of 14 Old 05-04-2010, 01:54 PM

Hi mamas- just a reminder to refrain from namecalling and to be respectful when posting. Expressing your opinion is great, but please do it without calling others names. See the User Agreement on the gray bar at the top of the screen.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Being right is not always fair, but being fair is always right

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page