Due Date Buddies Matches are up!! Post #63 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Time to sign up!
This is the place.

How it works-- Once all who want to have signed up, I will match us up in due date buddy pairs, doing my best to have the EDDs in each DDB pair no closer than 2 weeks. I will notify each pair via private message and post the DDB pairs in a sticky at the top of the page. The two mamas will contact each other and exchange contact information as they are comfortable.
When the first mama in a pair goes into labor she will call/text/e-mail/ (telegram and Pony Express are too slow) the other mama. The non laboring mama will then come on this forum and post the wonderful news for us to read, wish, pray, and think empowering thoughts for the mama in labor. The laboring mama may send updates through her due date buddy as well, and eventually a birth announcement!!!! When the second mama goes into labor, the mama with a babe in arms will do the same for her.

Reasons to sign up--1. Because we are all getting increasingly baby gaga and truly WANT to know. 2. Because it will allow the mamas on this board to support you in labor with vibes, prayer, thoughts and intentions. 3. Because you (or your partner) can call or e-mail one person and not worry about typos or grammar (or even making much sense) and your DDB can then update us. 4. Because all the cool (ie. crunchy) mamas are doing it.

Invalid excuses to not sign up-- "But this is baby # 4,8,15 for us, it's old hat no one really cares, I'll just post an announcement later"......"I'm honestly not sure when this baby might show up, my due date is xx/xx but I always go waaay early/waaay late"......"I am in the midst of a high risk pregnancy, I don't know when and how things are going to go, I may be more drama than beauty." " I'm having this/these baby/babies for someone else." "Oh, I don't want to be a bother for X reason."
These are all INVALID excuses!!!
A baby is a baby is a baby!!! And inquiring minds WANT to know!

There are only 2 reasons to not sign up--
1. "I simply don't want to."
2. " I don't even remotely belong in this DDC, I just hang out and lurk here because you mamas are WAY cool!"

So sign up already!!!

Information I need from you to match you up with another mama.

User-name--
EDD--
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.--
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.--
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)--

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#2 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Signed up mamas

2sweetboysmom
Welsh
EMandM
Shishkeberry
CorasMama 6/7 or 6/14
Mama2toomany 6/30-7/3
Terrilein
atpeace
ProtoLawyer
somegirl99
expat-mama
guerrabug45
chiromommy
*KaiMom*
jeannineb
fernie momma
tcooper
ArtsyHeartsy
chase_mommy
Kikibell
Yaliina
PapayaMom
NWmt mama
Evjolin
hikingfortruth
Redheaded Mamma
yvonyvj
craft media hero
Manessa
slgt
majazama

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#3 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

User-name--2sweetboysmom
EDD--7-27-10
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.--I will likely deliver in the first 2 weeks of July
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)--Mi Vida Loca (My Crazy Life) Pam Tillis

#4 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 02:42 PM

Welsh
EDD 6th July 2010.
I will likely deliver at least a week late.
Friday I'm in love - The Cure

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#5 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 02:47 PM

Thank you SO much for doing this!!

User-name--EMandM
EDD--7/10/10
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.-- N/A
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.-- I'll add that texting is alright, but I prefer e-mail or Facebook. I'm not much of a phone person, so it is generally not cherged or on vibrate when someone tries to get in touch with me.
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)-- Yellow - Coldplay

Mommy to sweet baby Rhys born 7/15
#6 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 03:00 PM

Username: Shishkeberry
EDD: 07/24/10
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window: I have no idea...my last labor was induced at 37 weeks.
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation: I'd prefer calling or text messages. I may be losing my internet within the next month, but I will still have my cell phone.
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know): Tonight, Tonight - Smashing Pumpkins

DS 8/4/04 "You're my best mommy in the deep blue sea!"
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*
#7 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 03:53 PM

User-name-- CorasMama
EDD--June 28-July1
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.-- We'll be delivering by the week of June 7 (hoping to get that far)
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.-- If I could be paired with someone with a later due date, that'd be good, as that'll increase the likelihood that we'll be home and not dealing with the NICU anymore when my DDB goes!
Your favorite song from your high school years -- I'm not much of a music person. Probably something by the Beatles or Steve ****** Band.

scifi-convention runners Kate, DH Drew 11/07, DD Cora 12/97. We , ,
Welcome to baby Fiona with a giant omphalocele, 6/17/10!
#8 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 04:09 PM

User-name-- Mama2toomany

EDD-- July 15th

I have been told the babies will be born via c/section somewhere from June 30th - July3rd

Favorite song in High School was probably Goldfingers 'If only".

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#9 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 04:30 PM

User-name -- Terrilein
EDD -- July 8
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window. -- Feel like I might go a week early; dd came a few days before her EDD
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation. -- I'm in Europe - so time zones are an issue
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know) -- (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#10 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 10:33 PM

GREAT IDEA!

User-name -- atpeace
EDD -- July 4th
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window -- my guess (or hope) is that it will be around June 28th for some reason
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation -- I prefer email or Facebook, as I'm not fond of the phone.
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know) -- anything by the Kelly family

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
#11 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 11:10 PM

Um, okay.

User-name--ProtoLawyer.
EDD--July 21.
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.--I have a hunch I'll go a little early--and so far hunches have been pretty accurate--but not well before. Most women in my family have their babies a week to 10 days early.
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.--I'm also another e-mail/facebook person. I try to remain relatively anonymous here, so whoever I'm paired with will need to keep my real name confidential.
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)--Prog-metal stuff...Queensryche! (My senior quote: "Knowledge, was it worth such torment?" from "Road to Madness.")

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#12 of 70 Old 05-07-2010, 11:42 PM

Thanks for coordinating 2sweetboysmom!

User-name-- somegirl99
EDD-- July 29
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.-- no ideas
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.-- I can't get text messages at home (no cell service) but phone calls (cell forwards to home when I am out of service) or emails will work. I will be able to send texts and emails from the hospital.
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)-- something from the Joshua Tree (U2)

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#13 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 01:56 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
User-name-- expat-mama
EDD-- July 1st
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.-- No real reason, but I think I might be early. DH thinks June 26 (full moon), my mum thinks June 12 (new moon and because she was always early). Doctor also has pushed his estimation back to June 23.
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.-- I'm here in Dubai so email is ideal, not phone! I'm always checking email either on my phone or computer.
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)-- anything by Sasha and Digweed

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#14 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
User-name -- Terrilein
EDD -- July 8
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window. -- Feel like I might go a week early; dd came a few days before her EDD
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation. -- I'm in Europe - so time zones are an issue
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know) -- (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes from the Dirty Dancing soundtrack

Maybe we should be buddies then as I'll be in the UK so only -1 hr to you.....

Living in Russia
#15 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 07:25 AM

That would be ideal - but look at our due dates! Wouldn't it be funny if we both went into labor at the same time??? Still, not a lot of us this side of the pond.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#16 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
That would be ideal - but look at our due dates! Wouldn't it be funny if we both went into labor at the same time??? Still, not a lot of us this side of the pond.
True.
I am convinced though that I'll go to 42 wks again.
My Sister had her 2 daughters @ 42 wks, my aunt had 4 and my first labor was @ 42 wks!
Maybe 41 wks because, based on conception, my due date is July 1st but early u/s said 6th. Depends how long those swimmers hung around

Living in Russia
#17 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 12:50 PM

User-name-- guerrabug45
EDD-- 7/18/2010
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.-- DS was born at 34 weeks, but I am hoping this babe stays in until the 16th of July.
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.-- Nope
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)--
Sympathy for the Devil- Jane's Addiction cover of Rolling Stones
#18 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 03:02 PM

oh, and whoever gets paired with me shouldn't be someone traumatized by a previous loss or c/s, someone who can handle scary or uncertain news (which I understand some can't, and I totally get that.)

#19 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorasMama View Post
oh, and whoever gets paired with me shouldn't be someone traumatized by a previous loss or c/s, someone who can handle scary or uncertain news (which I understand some can't, and I totally get that.)
I can!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#20 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 09:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
User-name-- chiromommy
EDD-- July 28
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.-- I feel pretty confident she'll be here sometime the end of July. I'm shooting for July 22
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.-- Texting is preferred for me.
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)-- I'll go with the entire Chili Peppers' Blood Sugar Sex Majik album.

Larissa, mom to my 3 girls (07/10), (05/02), and (09/98)
#21 of 70 Old 05-08-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2toomany View Post
I can!
me too!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#22 of 70 Old 05-09-2010, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2toomany View Post
I can!
with us having the same EDD, you having twins, and me having a 37 weeks birth, we might not be the best match! (though, I want to keep up with you, since we'll both be recovering in the hospital from a c/s without babies there, kind of an unusual sitch, even if for totally different reasons).

#23 of 70 Old 05-09-2010, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post
me too!
that would work! The chances of us delivering anytime close to each other are pretty darn slim. And by the time yours is born, Fiona (or at least our routine of dealing with Fiona) should be stable enough that I'll be reliably able to be a due date buddy!

#24 of 70 Old 05-09-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
that would work! The chances of us delivering anytime close to each other are pretty darn slim. And by the time yours is born, Fiona (or at least our routine of dealing with Fiona) should be stable enough that I'll be reliably able to be a due date buddy!
Sounds good to me!

#25 of 70 Old 05-09-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Making note.

#26 of 70 Old 05-10-2010, 12:19 AM

User-name--*KaiMom*
EDD--July 7th
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.-- will be around due date
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)--Anything by the Counting Crows

Amanda - loving the love of my life C and our beautiful children. K#1 (3/02), K#2 (1/07) and newly expecting K#3 (7/10)
#27 of 70 Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 AM

Quote:
I agree! maybe we can be healing buddies instead lol

#28 of 70 Old 05-10-2010, 10:08 AM

sorry. dp

Happy wife of Treading.gif  mom to L lady.gif and Mjog.gif

#29 of 70 Old 05-10-2010, 10:12 AM

I'm in.
User name--Jeannineb
EDD--July 1
Estimated window--DD was 1 week early
Special circumstances--none really, would prefer to text.
Favorite sone from High School--I don't know. Probably something from Echo and the Bunnymen, The Sundays, Smiths, REM, 10000 Maniacs...you get the picture.

Happy wife of Treading.gif  mom to L lady.gif and Mjog.gif

#30 of 70 Old 05-10-2010, 02:18 PM

User-name-- Fernie Momma
EDD-- July 30
If you have reason to think you may deliver well before your due date, a guess at that date window.-- No idea
Other special circumstances or limitations on participation.-- I prefer email
Your favorite song from your high school years (I just want to know)-- It always changed from year to year...Clumsy from Our Lady Peace lasted awhile.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page