Holy Nesting!! I am SEWING! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-08-2010, 08:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh dear, dear me. This must be full-blown nesting. I have 30 size small Fuzzibunz, some new, some handed down from friends, stacked up on my nightstand. I noticed that the ones I was given are much looser looking than the brand new ones. So I googled, found this and now I'm nestled in bed, surrounded by pillows, watching TV movies, replacing the elastic in the leggies.

This is me, ladies. A city girl who has never sewn anything in her life. A woman who has never even thought about being crafty. I'm sewing. I am sewing.

And I like it! Tell me it's nesting?

Tell me how you're nesting?

Mommy to a gorgeous little miracle
#2 of 8 Old 05-08-2010, 08:19 PM

catching up on kids' scrapbooks, sewing baby quilts for me and friends who are due this year, knitting hats for my baby and baby nephew, and lots of cleaning as always!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#3 of 8 Old 05-08-2010, 08:47 PM

thank god the urge is calm now...I have 3 weeks to pack and be ready to leave my home to go to maine where we will live for the summer....I think I nested early this time because of the panicing over having to leave...around the end of jan/feb I went through a baby clothing shopping spree. Lots of great deals at consignment stores near me and I was possessed and frantic the baby was going to be naked if I didn't shop and sort all of dd's old clothing into sizes and then fold and lay out the 0-3mths stuff to pack...since then I have been fine.
I really hope I don't nest later on though...the only way I can imagine doing so is by spending money or obsessively cleaning my in laws house...I might have to forcibly make myself stay in our hotel to avoid such things...lol.
#4 of 8 Old 05-08-2010, 09:09 PM

I love that you're sewing! I am sewing too. Only that's totally normal for me. I made cloth wipes by serging the edges of scraps of flannel. I like them a lot. Also hemmed recieving blankets ( I always make my own because I'm picky and hate the flimsy store-bought ones.) Also this week I cleaned some cupboards and froze some meals!

My nesting self is also trying to get DH to paint DD's bedroom. I don't think I'm up to that job myself.

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
#5 of 8 Old 05-09-2010, 03:33 AM

Oh, ladies, do send me some of your nesting vibes. I've got so much to do and not nearly enough energy to do it all. I didn't nest with dd either and I wonder if it'll kick in at all this time.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#6 of 8 Old 05-09-2010, 03:58 AM - Thread Starter

Sending vibes!!!!

I'm about 32-33 weeks and it just recently kicked in with force, so I bet yours is coming. I recently started really feeling her move too. Maybe some connection? I keep sewing in the elastics, and then stuffing the FB with inserts and pausing to admire their cuteness. A few times I've teared up. Seriously, who am I??

Mommy to a gorgeous little miracle
#7 of 8 Old 05-09-2010, 09:39 PM

I am in nesting OVERDRIVE here. Problem is, I can only do so much and not for very long before I start hurting! I have SOOOOO much I want to do. Things that are disorganized are a huge issue for me right now. Organizing is practically a compulsion. I was in the middle of cooking dinner yesterday and was totally bugged that the dish cupboard was in disarray and stopped cooking just to tidy it. I noticed that my shelf paper in the cupboards is trashed, too. I had to stop myself, tho, because I was getting really hungry. lol I have never had the nesting urge so strong in a pg before.
Your post reminded me that I haven't gotten the babies blankets finished yet. It seems like everytime I turn around I discover something I else. AH!
#8 of 8 Old 05-09-2010, 10:29 PM

I am so grateful for nesting! I hope it keeps up. I have a CLEAN house!!! For the first time since I moved in The laundry is caught up! The dishes are washed! We have REAL MEALS! I started decluttering! I find myself doing shocking activities like using a magic eraser on the cupboards to get rid of the pen and crayon marks! I fixed all of the blind cords so they won't be a safety hazard anymore! Please let it stay...

Loads of blessings, and learning on the job.
run.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page