the Happy Mother's Day *HAPPY* thoughts thread! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-09-2010, 02:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wanted to wish everyone a

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

I also thought it might be nice to have a thread for anything positive about your pregnancy, being a mama, being a soon-to-be-mama, your DP or family...or anything that you're happy about and thankful for!

Now that a lot of us are entering the trenches of the 3rd tri. it seems we're pretty uncomfortable, tired, stressed and irritable (myself included!) and dealing with all sorts of crap! There are lots of threads about that stuff, and it can be easy to forget about all the wonderful things in life when feeling overwhelmed. We are beautiful women, creating life! Hooray for us!

If anyone wants to join in sharing something positive please do!

I'll go first: After two losses and settling into thinking I might never see me and DH's *love child*- he or she is safely on their way here! Sometimes I still can't believe how shitty I was feeling a year or so ago and how much has happened since then! I love feeling this baby squish around inside me and I can't wait to share so many things with him/her! I am looking forward to seeing my DH be the amazing father I know he will be and I really DO love him more every day. AND I haven't gotten any stretch marks...yet!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-09-2010, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
I'll go first: After two losses and settling into thinking I might never see me and DH's *love child*- he or she is safely on their way here! Sometimes I still can't believe how shitty I was feeling a year or so ago and how much has happened since then! I love feeling this baby squish around inside me and I can't wait to share so many things with him/her! I am looking forward to seeing my DH be the amazing father I know he will be and I really DO love him more every day. AND I haven't gotten any stretch marks...yet!
That brought tears to my eyes.. I am so happy for you and your family!

I can't say no stretch marks, mine are growing off of the old one from my other to pregnancies BUT thats ok, I will never have a stretch mark free body anyways. As a friend says "thats the baby painting you a mommy on the outside" .

I will say, even though I am feeling pregnant and somewhat uncomfortable this time has been WAY easier physically than my other two. I can still do things, like mow the grass, chase my kids and will be planting the garden soon!! That could not happen the last two rounds! I am also VERY fortunate that the swelling is just now starting to settle in, last time it hit at 4 month, I a grateful I am just getting it at 7 months. Over all this pregnancy has been better than the past two and I am so thrilled especially since I have a toddler that I have to keep up with! I feel like I can handle another few months at this point, I was praying for relief in past. Over all, I feel good.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the mommas and mommas to be!!

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#3 of 9 Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 PM

Nice thread expat-mama!

Well I struggle alot with my high-needs DS and often wish he was easier BUT, on Mother's Day, I have to say *outloud*, I adore my boy!

We went into the city alone today, in the heat, to watch the Victory Day parade. I nearly cancelled but thought DS would get a kick from seeing the helicopters, tanks etc.
Bless him, he had to wait for 45 mins for the parade to start but when it did, really enjoyed it.
Then he had to wait in line in Starbucks for the bathroom behind 10 people. Which he did, doing his wee-wee dance!
Finally he had to wait behind another 10 people, at least, for his promised cheese sandwich and apple juice for lunch.

Then we got home and went to the playground where he terrorised his friends and wouldn't share his toys but hey, ho!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#4 of 9 Old 05-09-2010, 01:30 PM

My DS crawled into bed with me and the first thing I heard this morning was "I love you, mommy!" He's been helping me eat the edible bouquet my mother had delivered for me this morning. That's ok, though. I gave him the cantaloupe I didn't like and he saved the pineapple daisies for me.

DS 8/4/04 "You're my best mommy in the deep blue sea!"
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*
#5 of 9 Old 05-09-2010, 03:28 PM

My kids have been sneaking around for the last hour or so, preparing a mother's day surprise for me (I'm assuming...) DS made me a treasure hunt this morning and DH made me a yummy breakfast (not in bed, I get up too early for that!) In a while I'm going out for a walk with my mom and sisters and then we're going to sit and have tea together. So far I'm having a very mellow but lovely day.

I'm thrilled to be on this journey again. This pregnancy was unplanned but something I'd often think about, hoping it would happen but thinking it never would. I was content with my two sweet kids but sometimes had the feeling that somebody was missing....and here he is! I love feeling him move around and can't wait to meet him and watch him change our lives.

Loving all the happy thoughts coming from you mamas! Excellent thread!

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
#6 of 9 Old 05-09-2010, 03:48 PM

The other day I watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO7sK...layer_embedded

And Ds happened to be sitting on my lap at the time. He is almost 5 and he got a little bit emotional watching it - which I can tell because he started to do his little noise he does when he gets that way, and he put his hand on my head while we watched. He is my unique child that doesn't follow any of the standard stuff they tell you in all the parenting books, and it has been a challenge to parent him, but he is awesome and if this baby is just like him we will be thrilled
#7 of 9 Old 05-10-2010, 03:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_mommy View Post
I can't say no stretch marks, mine are growing off of the old one from my other to pregnancies BUT thats ok, I will never have a stretch mark free body anyways. As a friend says "thats the baby painting you a mommy on the outside" .
That's a really beautiful way of looking at it.

It's so nice to hear you mamas talk so lovingly about your little ones. I can't help feeling like we're all just so fortunate to be able to experience all this- the good and the bad...especially the good! Being a mama is such a special thing... I never imagined I would feel like this before even seeing my baby. Thank you for sharing!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#8 of 9 Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 AM

good idea, expat! Happy mother's day everyone

I'm happy that I live in a place where my kids can play outside and I don't worry about weirdos. I have a great neighbourhood.

I'm grateful that my girls are getting so grown up and I don't have to take care of three babies once this one arrives.

I'm also grateful that I can relax and enjoy the pregnancy and don't have to work anymore. Baby seems large and healthy!
#9 of 9 Old 05-10-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennica View Post
The other day I watched this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO7sK...layer_embedded

And Ds happened to be sitting on my lap at the time. He is almost 5 and he got a little bit emotional watching it - which I can tell because he started to do his little noise he does when he gets that way, and he put his hand on my head while we watched. He is my unique child that doesn't follow any of the standard stuff they tell you in all the parenting books, and it has been a challenge to parent him, but he is awesome and if this baby is just like him we will be thrilled
That is so beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing the link!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page