Anyone else feeling super uncomfortable and short of breath? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear this has just happened suddenly in the past two days but suddenly I'm *really* uncomfortable and short of breath. Gosh, I hesitate even to SAY that as I have at least two months to go, most likely. But I feel so short of breath and uncomfortable in basically any position except for lying down or being on hands and knees...I can't believe I have two more months of this to go! I'm not even that huge right now!

Any tips? Commiseration? Anything!

Mama to a beautiful girl since May 2007 and a beautiful boy since August 2010! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 09:04 PM

I don't have any advice - just wanted to send an e-hug! I've been feeling so huge and cumbersome the last two days, I feel like I just got huge overnight.

First time Mama, in love with my DH and we're in LOVE with our baby girl!!!
mdcblog5.gif
#3 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 09:24 PM

Yes!!!!!!!

And just like you, I've really been feeling pretty great up until yesterday. I feel so huge and sluggish all of a sudden. I can't believe I have more than two months to go.

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#4 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepplon View Post
Yes!!!!!!!

And just like you, I've really been feeling pretty great up until yesterday. I feel so huge and sluggish all of a sudden. I can't believe I have more than two months to go.
Me too! A little less than 2 months for me - about 6 weeks, but the last couple days - miserable!!!

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#5 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 09:54 PM

At least two months left for me. I will say that I have had a few days where I felt huge and out of breath, that resolved overnight. I don't know if it is due to eating too much, baby position, or what. But I'm always hopeful that I won't spend the REST of my pregnancy feeling that huge.

Enjoying life with DH. Mom to one busy DS 11/06 two happy and someone new expected 7/30
#6 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 10:13 PM

I have two babies in me, it feels like they are sucking the life out of me lol, If I lay down on my back I can't breathe at all. I have to lay on my left side. I know how you feel!

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#7 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 PM

Same here. Going up and down the stairs in my house is a killer! And getting into bed and getting comfortable. By the time I get situated I lay there and huff and puff like I just ran somewhere. I think my husband finds it amusing.

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#8 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 11:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Here too!
I just got up from one of the worst nights of "sleep" I've had yet. I'm so freaking uncomfortable I want to scream sometimes. Not really any shortness of breath though. But every day since about a week ago the aches and discomfort are getting progressively worse. I have this weird prickly pain that feels like it's in my labia after I excercise or sit on the birth ball...that sucks. And after walking around for a long while my pubic bone hurts like a biatch. Don't even get me started on the recent backaches I've had. Seriously- like a week ago, I was saying "I'm so lucky I don't have all those aches and pains other women complain about! Must be yoga! (patting myself on the back!)"
Screw yoga, nothing helps.

6 weeks to go and I really wouldn't be too upset if baby decided to come just a little earlier. Please....

Grumpy.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#9 of 21 Old 05-18-2010, 11:49 PM

Oh yes! Can't breathe, baby movements are often very uncomfortable and I'm generally exhausted 99% of the time. I've been surprised at how quickly this pregnancy is going but 9 more weeks? Ahhhhhhhh....

~m. Mama to two! DS (11/2006) and DD (07/2010).

#10 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 03:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yes yes yes yes yes.

Yes to all of that you gals have said.

Shortness of breath, feeling huge, wondering what the heck is gonna happen 'cuz my due date is in 9 weeks. Puffing and panting when I walk, esp. stairs. Feeling tired all the time. Turning over in bed I feel like I need a crane. Just starting to get a puffy/swollen feeling now that I haven't had before (but I think it's related to all the sweets I am suddenly craving and consuming. Must get off 'em!!!!!).

And feeling so emotional/hormonal. Pass a tissue...

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#11 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 09:29 AM

Yup! can't breathe. can't sleep. can't get comfy. everything hurts.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#12 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 11:09 AM

Yeah, esp. at night. I toss and turn so much I have exiled myself to the couch so I don't wake DH up. Plus, I can also get some elevation for my head/chest and that helps with the heartburn. The worst part is that it's almost like I have restless leg syndrome or something. I guess it's just because no matter what I do nothing is comfy enough to allow me to sleep, so I change positions all the time.
I was doing so-so with the out of breath, or lack of energy stuff until a week ago, and then it hit me hard. I will be doing something, anything (like picking out clothes for my two year old to wear, very taxing lol) and suddenly it's like all my energy just drains out of me and I have to sit down. And don't talk to me if I am walking, I don't have enough air for both. I am staring to feel very debilitated and it's a bit depressing. I can't believe I have a little more than 7 wks of this! Sounds like were all in the same boat.
#13 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 01:41 PM

You described me, especially on certain days. Yesterday was one of them and I felt awful. My docs have instructed me to stay horizontal as much as possible but I feel like I'm suffocating and I can't get comfortable for anything. On top of that my stomach feels like I just finished 5 holiday meals. I can't believe that this is the period when baby and I are expected to grow at a rapid pace given how big I already feel with 2 months to go.

- EDD 7/29
#14 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 PM

Thank heavens, I woke up feeling a little bit better today. I was sooooo discouraged by the way my body felt yesterday, but I guess it just goes to show I have to take it one day at a time.

I hope the rest of you also get some relief!

Wife to a wonderful dh and mom to four beautiful kiddos, dd (3/04):, ds1 (1/06), ds2 (10/08), and ds3 (7/10)
#15 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzepplon View Post
Thank heavens, I woke up feeling a little bit better today. I was sooooo discouraged by the way my body felt yesterday, but I guess it just goes to show I have to take it one day at a time.

I hope the rest of you also get some relief!
Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better.
Sometimes I find I need to hit rock bottom before I can feel good these days. Like I need to get so absolutely exhausted before I can get a good night's sleep. I just have to have no energy left whatsoever to get up and toss around I guess. Tonight may be that kind of night for me. I'm soooooooooooooooo tired.
Night-night.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#16 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 02:34 PM

Yup, yup, yup. Backaches have started, tough to get comfortable in bed, turn over in bed, get out of bed.... I still have 10 wks left and already exhaustion is hitting me like a brick wall. I don't remember this with my first, but I had a LOT more time to put my feet up before he was born.

Don't worry mamas, the time will come before we know it, and we will have new things to commiserate.

M, wife to D, mama to J 8/29/08, expecting someone new in July/August
#17 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 04:30 PM

The discomfort comes & goes, but I am ALWAYS short of breath! And I hear that, after the first pregnancy, baby doesn't necessarily drop until just before birth. So much for breathing!~
#18 of 21 Old 05-19-2010, 08:55 PM

I'm in the same boat, especially with the SOB, and relentless pelvic pain since about week 22. It got better for a few weeks, but is back with a vengeance this week.

My motto has always been "pregnancy is not a disease or disability!", but now I am eating my words because these last few weeks are definitely NOT a pleasant or natural experience. UGH!

BUT...
We'll get through it, ladies!

A + J = Miriam (November 2006) and Raymond (June 2010)
#19 of 21 Old 05-20-2010, 12:49 AM

Yes, yes, yes and yes. and just within the last few days. I went from feeling awesome to huge! and 2 more months for me too. What I really want to do is swim and float!

mama to dd 2x Our sweet boy is here! 7/27
#20 of 21 Old 05-20-2010, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atpeace View Post

My motto has always been "pregnancy is not a disease or disability!", but now I am eating my words because these last few weeks are definitely NOT a pleasant or natural experience. UGH!

BUT...
We'll get through it, ladies!

And Expat-mama, I totally think I had to hit rock bottom to finally get that good night's sleep and feel better today! Now the trick is just not overdoing it while I'm feeling good, which is going to be hard . . .

#21 of 21 Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 AM

Uncomfortable, yes ALL the time. Short of breath, thankfully not. I do not envy that one bit. But I'm never comfortable, that's for sure. Between my aching back, my pelvis, my bladder, and my ribs, among other things, there is no such thing as comfort right now. Ugh.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page