Chatty Chat Thread May 22-29 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-28-2010, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
majazama - that's one reason I want my dd at this birth. She ought to see that a birth doesn't have to be so medical. As long as everything goes well, we'll be keeping her at home with us.

expat-mama - so good to hear that you had a wonderful beach day! I'm looking forward to swimming, too, now that dd's wounds are all healed. Now the weather just has to warm up!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2010, 11:31 AM

My last day of work is today (for those of you who didn't see my first post about this--I have been downsized in a bout of curious timing that I can't do much about), and I have a prenatal appointment this morning. I've already written off my blood pressure reading for today--I'm on edge as all hell and if it's anything close to decent I'll be surprised. (It was 127/71 this morning at home, which is high for the home monitor but still not in the "call the doctor NOW" territory, which is consistent readings over 130/85 or intermittent readings over 140/90.)

Wish me luck?

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
Old 05-28-2010, 12:21 PM

Good luck, Proto!!!!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

Old 05-28-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilein View Post
good luck, proto!!!!
+1!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

Old 05-28-2010, 02:20 PM

Wow, my BP was beyond appalling--160/83. It came down to 135/80 after a few minutes of laying down. I saw the backup doctor, who is not familiar with my BP history (I mean, yeah, she had the chart but hasn't been there), and she did the pre-eclampsia checklist (I have no symptoms at all, no protein, no swelling, nothing).

If this had been my regular doc, she'd probably chalk it up to stress, ask me to keep an eye on the BP at home, and call if anything happened. The backup doc (who seems nice and competent enough, but still) wanted me to rest today but I told her it was my *last day* of work, and if I didn't go, I'd have to go back in sometime over the weekend to finish up and clean out my office before things get rearranged, and that would be worse. So, she told me to go to work, make someone else lift boxes, come home, make my husband make me dinner and get me a "beer--well, I can't really recommend that, so maybe a lemonade," take readings 2-3 times a day and call on Tuesday to report the readings (call earlier if they stay high), and take it easy this weekend.

I place the blame squarely on my boss for this.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
Old 05-28-2010, 03:05 PM

good luck proto!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
So yesterday was a beautiful day, DH got off work really early and literally dragged me (hopping on one foot ) to the beach. It was only 38-39 degrees C, so a little cooler than it has been and I've been moping on the couch all week so he got me out of the house and I'm so glad he did! I waited in the car while he set up the beach chairs and umbrella and then came all the way back and helped me hop down to the beach and hop down to the water where I floated in the waves...blissful. And today my leg feels so much better and so does my back! Nothing like fresh air, sunshine and salty sea water to cure what ails. I just felt so happy yesterday thinking that someday soon it'll be three of us playing in the waves and sand! Life is good.
that sounds so nice!!! I live on a beautiful lake, but it's still flippen cold.. all that glacier water etc. I don't think I'll be able to swim in there until July. It's been really cold here in the mountains of BC (unusually cold).. I can't wait for summer to start!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy marja View Post
I totally agree! I am proof of that actually--I was at my baby sister's homebirth when I was 7 years old. I'm positive that being there helped to shape my beliefs about women's bodies and our ability to give birth easily and naturally. I never had any of the fears that so many women have about birthing.
Awesome! This makes me feel great about giving my 7yo daughter the gift of being around natural birth. I am so excited!

Our crazy life wheel seems to be swinging back around. We are going to sign a contract today for (I hope I hope I hope) our house!! And it's nice! We won't have to do a ton of repairs before we move in. If all goes well, we'll be moving in 3-4 wks. Hopefully we'll be birthing our baby in our new home. Stay put til the end of July, baby!

I've got a call back about the breastfeeding counselor job, and they said I'm a "top candidate" whoohoo! They just have to do a background check and all that, and I should hear back about it next week.

Wednesday's my mouth surgery, and though we got two more massive medical bills for the procedure, I'm really excited and feel like everything is going to go really well. Just hoping for a quick recovery.

DP's mom seems to be coming back around in a non-invasive way. I am just keeping my distance for now.

Soooo glad that I postponed the baby shower/welcoming party til after the birth. One less thing to plan and think about

Happy and in love with my family!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:01 PM

Tomatoes love sun but if you are putting them in a pot you'll need to water them a LOT!

I just discovered Sonic!! They have so many choices of soda I felt like I was in heaven (at least where my soda craving is concerned!)

Proto~ are you relaxing yet?

I'm looking forward to the weekend and the sun! I hope to hit one of the local pools if it's sunny and hot!!

DS is 4!
DD 8/10/10!
Old 05-28-2010, 05:57 PM

Proto- Hope things settle down for you soon and you can relax a bit over the weekend!

Craft- Hooray for a new house and hopefully a new job. Very exciting!

Quote:
I just discovered Sonic!! They have so many choices of soda I felt like I was in heaven (at least where my soda craving is concerned!)
OMG, I could eat buckets and buckets of their ICE! I found out AFTER my last pregnancy that you can buy bags of the ice. I am SO having DH do that when I go into labor! Heck, I may already have some stashed away at that point.

I am having such a hard time feeling motivated lately. I feel like I get one good day a week with motivation and energy and the rest is a waste. I really should go finish the stenciling in DD's room (and about a hundred other things) but sitting here and eating cookies sounds much better.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Old 05-29-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post

I am having such a hard time feeling motivated lately. I feel like I get one good day a week with motivation and energy and the rest is a waste. I really should go finish the stenciling in DD's room (and about a hundred other things) but sitting here and eating cookies sounds much better.
Me too I'm trying not to feel guilty about it.

DP has awesomely been really digging in and helping all over without me even asking--I'm pretty amazed and super grateful. I think last week when I was getting all over-stressed and told him that I feel like I'm bringing on early labor, he really took it to heart and has been doing everything he can to let me be able to focus on just a few of the really crucial things I have on my plate.

My garden is so lame this year! The lamest in at least 5 years! I have a couple of pots of roses and herbs Maybe if we close on our house quickly I'll have time to do some tomatoes and peppers in containers. Good thing I signed up for CSA this year or I would be hurting for fresh produce!

Happy and in love with my family!
Old 05-29-2010, 04:29 PM

Well. Harumph. After all that worrying and fussing at the doctor's office, my BP was 126/68 last night, 112/71 this morning, and 112/76 at 1 p.m. today, AFTER I went to Target (where I got the one pair of shoes in all of Milwaukee that had were simple slides, without being flip-flops because I hate them, and without having a massive heel/platform because my center of gravity's all messed up and without having anything I need my hands to fasten or get into because I can't really reach my feet anymore) and two (2) grocery stores because the first one had puff pastry SHELLS but not puff pastry SHEETS.

Yeah, yesterday's 160/83 was complete nonsense. My husband was good to me last night--brought me flowers and rented a movie, which I promptly slept through but I needed it.

In our own garden news, we will have approximately 11 billion raspberries this year. Last year (our first in this house), we noticed volunteer canes sprouting by the garage, but they didn't produce--they were all first-year canes. This year, they've taken over the garage wall and fence, and there are clusters of buds all over the place. They should come in time for me to be able to can/freeze/make pie (but if they come late or the baby comes early, my husband knows how to just freeze them on cookie sheets).

Old 06-01-2010, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

SO I have arrived! Well actually I arrived friday and spent the last few days enjoying my hubs before he left yesterday evening . We miss him horribly already!
I am offically bored and the rainy day out does not help. Things should start being less boring/more fun starting next week or I will lose my flipping mind!
I get to meet my midwife on thursday and am just SO excited I can hardly wait! I have been getting bh ctx (at least I am assuming thats what they are) if I am super stressed and on my feet alot or trying to do to much. So trying to take it easy without losing my mind is getting old fast. I miss my home and hubby already!
Whoever mentioned sonic earlier...omg...I love a drpepper float. OR a strawberry limeade extra lime light ice. SO good. I miss living near one. I think that every after noon for a few hours they have a 1/2priced drinks time...
Old 06-01-2010, 04:09 PM

[QUOTE=chattyprincess;15468772]SO I have arrived! Well actually I arrived friday and spent the last few days enjoying my hubs before he left yesterday evening . We miss him horribly already!
I am offically bored and the rainy day out does not help. Things should start being less boring/more fun starting next week or I will lose my flipping mind!
I get to meet my midwife on thursday and am just SO excited I can hardly wait! I have been getting bh ctx (at least I am assuming thats what they are) if I am super stressed and on my feet alot or trying to do to much. So trying to take it easy without losing my mind is getting old fast. I miss my home and hubby already!
QUOTE]

Big big hugs and commiserations on missing your home and DH! You know I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!
When will you see your DH again? Mine is home June 12th for 5 days. Already planning our reunion!
I got my rental car today so we have freedom finally

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia

User Tag List