Anybody else have a breech baby right now? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to my 33 week appt. this morning and my suspicions that baby is breech was confirmed. I know it's soon enough that baby can easily turn but I have to say this is making me nervous. I am planning an HBAC and I just want everything to go smoothly. (My MW will do a breech delivery if needed which helps me feel a little calmer.) Anybody else there now and working to get the baby to turn? I love to share hugs!

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#2 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 12:34 AM

Waiting confirmation, the last visit the midwife could not tell which end was up? I feel more kicks on my cervix and head bumps in my diaphragm so my guess is heads up, semi lotus position...if they still cannot tell I will be having an Us to confirm position. I have an anterior placenta and the HB is heard right at my umbilicus so there is no definitive answer with that either.

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
#3 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 01:05 AM

Yep, here too. I'm finding it super uncomfortable. We went out of town last weekend and woke up in the hotel the first morning without the hard bump high up. The baby had turned! I was so excited. That lasted about 24 hours and baby was back flipped around again. I'm so bummed. I guess it's a good sign that the baby can turn but it's so uncomfortable and even though its early, it makes me nervous.

~m. Mama to two! DS (11/2006) and DD (07/2010).

#4 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 02:41 AM

at my last appointment my MW said baby might be breech. I am wondering if she/he turned between then and now, because I feel hiccups really low down. Do you feel hiccups high up when they are breech? (I am really not good at telling body parts through my abdomen, even though I don't have much extra padding)
#5 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 02:53 AM

found the answer to my question.. http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...y_baby_in.html I guess low hiccups =head down.
#6 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 03:51 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Thanks for the link! I am obsessed with fetal positioning this time around!
#7 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 06:27 AM

I'm almost 35 weeks and still breech. I don't like the "plenty of time" bit. I am also doing a HB and want this baby in position - like 5 weeks ago. haha I hurt my back really bad a few weeks ago and started going to the chiropractor. She said my pelvis was really uneven and we are working to get that straightened out. I also had a friend do hypnosis on me (we are both HypnoBirthing Educators). I do the breech inversion from www.spinningbabies.com, but I think it really sucks, so I have only done it a few times. I am getting Moxa sticks today and DH and I are doing Moxibustion this weekend. If baby still does not turn, I am going to a certified hypnotherapist to have some work done. I have a doula friend who does CranioSacral work and she offered to help, along with doing some Rebozo work. I also have a photo of a vertex baby on my fridge. Visualization is very important. I talk to the baby and ask her to turn. After Moxibustion, DH will get down low toward the bottom of my belly with a flashlight held to my abdomen and encourage baby to turn. If all else fails, we will do ECV at 39-40 weeks. My midwife had a client have a successful ECV at 40 with an 11lb baby. So, this is reassuring that it will work out. I am just very anxious. Oh, my midwife will not do breech births and no OBs in the area will, either. So, it would be cesarean for me. It makes me sick just thinking about it.
#8 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 08:37 AM

Breech baby here as well. I plan on giving him another week or two to flip on his own and then I will do some assisting. I have this odd feeling that if I encourage him to flip now that he will flip back around and I may not be able to get him to go back to head down. I am really not worried about it since there is plenty of time (he is due at the end of July) and he is smaller so there is more than enough room for a somersault in there.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#9 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 AM

My babe is breech too. Flipped 2 weeks ago. My son flipped breech at 34 weeks and then back by 36 but since I am also planning for a homebirth I would prefer a good position now. My midwife also doesn't do breech births and since I am vbac-ing if I have to go to the hospital it would probably be for a caesarean. yuck. I have a chiropractor appt today at noon.

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#10 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 09:47 AM

MIne rotates between breech and vertex. I get super excited because i feel hiccups in my vagina and the next day, bam, heads back up. It stays breech more than head down so i think there must be something going on in there that the baby isn't comfortable being head down even though it can get that way. I'm about to start back going to the chiro, I've been doing spinningbabies inversions and pelvic floor releases. I'm planning an HBAC too so I'd really really appreciate it if this baby would get heads down. My doc will deliver breech vaginals but it would have to be in the hospital. Its starting to make me nervous, I'm 33 weeks today.

Amy, Army wife living in S. Korea, mama to my inverted t c/s baby 04.05.08 and my VBAC with inverted t baby 07.24.10
#11 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 12:41 PM

This babe was breech for a bit but then flipped thankfully 32w4d today. My last pregnancy my son stayed breech until 37 weeks, I was starting to get so worried then I woke up on morning feeling all stretched out and uncomfy and was confirmed he'd flipped!!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#12 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 12:54 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
This is my first and I really have no idea what's going on in there most of the time. If you can't really tell the difference in what kinds of movements are happening, is there any way to know position?? Or do I just have to ask my MW? I feel a lot of pushing/kicking/something about midway up (or a bit higher) and sort of to the left side, does that mean anything? I also feel something vibrating like in my lower abdominal area... Oh, and I can't really reach down to feel if the head is there either.

I'm not worried, just really curious.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#13 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
found the answer to my question.. http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...y_baby_in.html I guess low hiccups =head down.
That's so weird, because at my last mw appointment, she said the baby was breech and I had JUST felt low hiccups. Maybe she flipped the moment before the midwife came in, or maybe the midwife was wrong. I think I felt her kicking my cervix all the rest of that day, so I think the mw was right. Luckily, she is head down again.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#14 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
That's so weird, because at my last mw appointment, she said the baby was breech and I had JUST felt low hiccups. Maybe she flipped the moment before the midwife came in, or maybe the midwife was wrong. I think I felt her kicking my cervix all the rest of that day, so I think the mw was right. Luckily, she is head down again.
My Little guy is breech and I feel his hiccups in my pelvis. I even seen him hiccuping on the ultrasound in the breech position... I do have an anterior placenta so maybe thats why I only feel it low?

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#15 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM

Babies A and B are both still breech. *sigh* Since the very first ultrasound they have been nose to nose in there, and that's stayed consistant throughout the pregnancy. They move around, but always together.

Their new thing is standing on something (?) and pushing thier heads up as far as they can. You see these 2 bumps appear right under my chest, like 1-2 cm tall. Pretty freaky. But I do like being able to pat their heads.

I start chiro next week, so we'll see. I'm C/S bound unless baby A flips. No practitioner willing to do breech birth with twins in a hospital in the state (that I have been able to find - and I've looked.)

- for all of us!

DH and I are expecting twins July 15. Holy crap wish us luck.
#16 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 02:21 PM - Thread Starter

Wow! Looks like there are a lot of us. I think part of what is bothering me is that she keeps turning from breech to transverse. I worryshe is TRYING to turn and can't for some reason. I don't know. Just trying my best to relax since stressing won't help.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#17 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 06:48 PM

I am 32 1/2 weeks pregnant with baby #4 who seems to have just flipped back to head down. But I have dealt a LOT with breech babies! Baby #1 was transverse until around 37 weeks. Baby #2 was breech and though I tried lots to get her to flip my fluid was low-she would be in a footling breech position and when I tried to get her to flip she'd go transverse-but could not get her head all the way down. It was a combination of low fluid and the positioning of her placenta and cord. She was a C/S. Baby #3 was breech until 37 or 38 weeks (according to midwife-personally I thought she flipped earlier but I can't say for sure). And now baby #4 has been playing around with his position still at 32 weeks. One trick I found that seems to get the kiddo moving is sitting in a warm bath and putting an ice pack on the baby's head.

Mama to M (5), A (4), S (2), T (1), and another on the way! Due dec. 2011!
#18 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 08:26 PM

x2 lol

As of yesterday Both little men are Frank Breech.

http://www.probertsolutions.com/blog...hPositions.jpg

Both babies look like the 3rd baby on that site.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#19 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 09:10 PM

My little one is breech, first breech for me, my two earlier pregnancies had both kids head down literally the whole time, so it does make me a bit anxious though my ob was so casual about it, plenty of time, no worries, chances are she'll turn, but at my next appointment in two weeks if she hasn't turned, I will start trying to encourage her to do it. They won't deliver vaginally breech and after two perfctly healthy easy vaginal deliveries I dread any talk about a c section.
#20 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 09:14 PM

baby A seems to always be vertex, but B likes to flip around a LOT in there. I am hoping B settles to vertex, and then knocks it off. he/she moves around so much I get nauseous or just feel really sore inside.
#21 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#22 of 43 Old 05-27-2010, 12:11 AM

My little girl is breech too. She was vertex until about 2 weeks ago - now I feel her little head right under my ribs all the time. But the hiccups are down low. I was surprised at first that she was breech, because of the hiccups, but it must just be the way she is positioned. Hoping she turns soon, because with the severe tearing I had last time I really don't want to push out a breech baby... Still time though - I'm still keeping my fingers crossed...

Erika, mama to Sawyer 6/04 joy.gifand Gracie 7/10energy.gif  :, dw Amy:

treehugger.gifsaynovax.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed2.gifRainbow.gif

#23 of 43 Old 05-27-2010, 12:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikibell View Post
Babies A and B are both still breech. *sigh* Since the very first ultrasound they have been nose to nose in there, and that's stayed consistant throughout the pregnancy. They move around, but always together.

Their new thing is standing on something (?) and pushing thier heads up as far as they can. You see these 2 bumps appear right under my chest, like 1-2 cm tall. Pretty freaky. But I do like being able to pat their heads.
Awww so sweet! It's so cool that you have two little ones in there! I can't imagine.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#24 of 43 Old 05-27-2010, 02:57 AM

Mine is breech right now - still pretty flippy though. I'm a bit over 33 weeks. My first turned vertex (and stayed that way) sometime in the 33rd week, so I'm hopeful this one will too. I'm not worried yet, but I am starting to be preoccupied by the baby's position.

The ridiculous thing is that I have a really hard time figuring out position without feeling by my cervix for the head, so I'm beginning to be a compulsive cervix checker.

me dh ds1 (11/04) ds2 (7/10) and
#25 of 43 Old 05-27-2010, 03:31 AM

My baby was breech a couple weeks ago, actually she was transverse and posterior. I had a chiropractic adjustment to get her to turn and she was in position by the next day.

With my last baby he was breech towards the end as well and I again had my chiropractor do her thing and he turned vertex before the end of the day and stayed that way.

I COMPLETELY advocate the use of chiropractic care for turning a breech baby. It works wonders!! Plus completely worth the money which is usually around $50 for some places. I only pay $35 a visit.

Right now though her butt is up in my right side of the ribs and I can barely get comfortable.

Seriously seek out a chiropractor and you won't be disappointed. If anything ask for the Webster's technique, and if you can find a chiro that practices Kinesiology, they tend to be better at turning babies and are more gentle than regular chiropractors.

My 2¢ on the subject.

winner.jpg Mom to 9 ~*~ 4 babygirl.gif  4 babyboy.gif & 1rainbow1284.gif(MtF) ~*~ uc.jpg  lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif Rainbow.gif heartbeat.gif

#26 of 43 Old 05-27-2010, 10:01 AM

I went for my first chiro appt yesterday to help with this position thing. She said my lower back is really tight although I don't feel any pain there. She did some hardcore work on my back and it was so tough I had to breathe through it! Baby is still moving between breech and transverse. I will try to get some acupuncture early next week and if the baby is still breech my Dr. will do an external version at 34weeks. I had this with my son and it worked. Good Luck everyone!

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#27 of 43 Old 05-27-2010, 01:48 PM

At my appt 2 weeks ago (30 weeks) my baby was oblique... his head was at my right hip and his butt was right under my left rib. He still moves and flips a LOT and I have no idea when he'll settle, but I feel his head pushing up at my fundus a lot. I want him to turn! I don't know when DS#1 turned, I was not nearly as in touch with his pregnancy as I am this time. Plus I had an anterior placenta and didn't feel movement nearly as strongly as this time around. My OB did a VE at 35 weeks and couldn't feel the head down low, so I had an US at 36 weeks and he was head down. I'm at 32w3d today so I know this one still has time and room to turn but like the rest of you, I want him to do it sooner rather than later! My midwife will deliver a breech so I know I am not necessarily c-sec bound if he is breech, but I would rather he just flip to vertex now!

Karyn, wife to Colby partners.gif (9/4/04) and homeschooling mama to Ryan notes2.gif (3/11/08), Tyler jog.gif h20homebirth.gif (7/15/10), and a new little bean pos.gif (10/24/12)! familybed2.gif fly-by-nursing2.gifintactlact.gif saynovax.gif

#28 of 43 Old 05-28-2010, 12:38 AM

My little girl was frank breech for weeks. She finally flipped at 33 weeks with a combination of chiropractics, acupuncture and playing music to my pelvis. My midwife also said that swimming helps a lot and doing headstands in the pool can work wonders. Good luck to y'all.

~Manessa mama to one teenageer, one tweenager, and a toddler

#29 of 43 Old 05-28-2010, 11:55 PM

Ladies....I am a midwife in NH who is also due with my second in July. I have recommended homeopathic Pulsatilla to my mom's with breech babies. One even said the moment she took it she felt significant movement...then the baby was head down after that. Surprisingly, all of our babies will be in the zodiac sign Cancer...which is an ever changing emotional sign. I recommend pulsatilla for these little toddlers too as their moods are ever changing. If anyone is interested in specifics...just pm me!
#30 of 43 Old 05-29-2010, 02:28 AM - Thread Starter

Natanya- My midwife is planning to give me that at my next appt. if LO hasn't turned yet. It's nice to hear about it from someone else.

I *sort of* feel like baby has moved again but I can't really tell for sure. I never feel like I am very sure about my belly mapping. Usually when I start to feel sure baby will move to some other off position. We have a doula coming on Wednesday to do a birth class- Do you think that maybe she would be able to tell?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page