Hot, bothered, aches all over! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-27-2010, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,

It was 96 degrees here last night. 96!

I am hot, tired, I ache- and to top it off, my pregnancy massage was canceled today- the coveted massage I have been looking forward to all pregnancy long- the massage that was gifted to me four months ago and has been booked for 8 weeks- the massage that I told myself, if I can just make it till Thursday- her magic hands will make it all OK.

Seriously, I was looking forward to an hour all to myself, getting some rest and some relief from these knots in my back. I've gained 50 lbs (120-170) and everything hurts.

And food? What are you mamas eating? I don't want anything but ice cream (not that I am eating it!) but with a lot of heartburn, don't seem to want to eat much and then crash and pay for it later.

Any ideas to beat/ be present in a happier way about the whole 'I can't get comfortable sleeping, have heartburn, feel huge, hot, feet and body hurt and have a 2 year old to take care of so there goes me time...?

Love to you ladies!

Mj
#2 of 5 Old 05-27-2010, 07:53 PM

it has been hot, humid and miserable here the last couple of days, too. we've dropped 20* to the mid seventies now and it is glorious!!!

all i can say is that fresh fruit popsicles are my friend! my 2yo and i eat them several times a day. frozen grapes are awesome, too. basically, any frozen fruit is a win in my eyes, and i am loving them all!

hang in there. this weather is a huge challenge right now... as if the third tri is a total picnic by itself!!
#3 of 5 Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm right there with ya on all points except the other child. We hit a mini heat wave (mini being the number of days, not the temp) without any breeze to speak of that started Sunday and finally broke today. Of course, today was the day we finally broke down and bought the window A/C units! Well, I'm sure I'll need them in July anyway! I should've thought of frozen grapes and popsicles. Not that I *could* think with all the heat/humidity. I couldn't decide which was worse - going to work or staying home in the heat!

I would give just about anything for a half hour nap on my stomach! Fizzy icy-cold drinks help too (when they don't set off the heartburn anyway). DP concocted a beverage consisting of fizzy peach juice and fresh lime with lots of ice on Sunday. It was weird, but the lime added enough refresher to make me want a gallon of it. Food ... well, it doesn't matter what it is, it gives me heartburn. I'm currently eating tons of the papaya tabs with some rolaids and pepcid thrown in too. So far it's working enough to get by.

Loving mama to Aden (8/5/2010) and DSD (15).
#4 of 5 Old 05-28-2010, 08:56 PM

The temps here in Eastern Wa have been OK, occassional 80's, but when it does get in the 80's I am miserable. We have had 100+ in June, and I am NOT looking forward to it. I swell bad when I get hot. I LOVE lime anything this pg. Too bad margaritas are out!
#5 of 5 Old 05-28-2010, 09:51 PM

I would take 96 any day!!!! It's still freezing, raining and grey here. My house was 62 this morning and I had to turn on the heater!! I am so out of cold weather clothes- I wish I'd known I would've bought all that long sleeved stuff off the sale rack at Motherhood in April that I thought was so cute but wouldn't need for more than a couple weeks. ugh!!

I have new varicose veins and they are aching, even with the compression stocking. I have serious sacroiliac dysfunction which means it hurts every time I walk and there's essentially nothing I can do (the belt only helps marginally). I have four kids who are wiley in their own ways and need supervision and my husband gets home at 6 from work. I am so frustrated and need help! I wish I could afford a nanny/cleaning lady for the next two months!!

ugh.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page