*~*May 30-June 5 Chat Thread!*~* - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Another week, another chat thread!

June is almost here- where are you with your to-do lists? Are you ready? Almost ready? Nowhere near ready?

July babies will be showing up in June- some are already scheduled to enter this world for reasons beyond their mamas' control, others will no doubt show up in dramatic surprises! However and whenever they get here, I'm excited to see all our new babes! The long wait is almost over!

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#2 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been desperately trying to follow and participate in this thread but I suck at it.

My to do list: Is turning into a should have done list. I have already slashed half the stuff off of it deciding it was no longer important. The Dr. put me on bed rest on Friday so that leads me to thinking... is it considered bed rest if I am sitting and sewing? I am cautious to ask him because if I get a big 'no' then the whole rest of my list just went down the drain. I doubt if DH will be ANY help in the sewing department and I can not see myself hand sewing anything! I am such a procrastinator, its really sad and I dont think I will be learning my lesson any time soon.

I don't expect my LO to be here this month as I am due at the end of July. However, the whole month of July is game. Since he is so small I am hoping he stays put closer to 40 weeks but I have never grew a baby beyond 38 weeks, so we will see.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
#3 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 02:47 PM

Well, we have the essentials so we would technically "ok" if baby came (other than the I'm not term yet). By that I mean boobs and diapers.

ChaseMommy: What are you wanting to sew? I have a a few little things I am working on with some scraps but nothing big.

DH is working extra hours this weekend and I am trying to figure out what to do with us. I feel like DD wants to go out and see other people but I am feeling very hermit-like. Hmmm.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#4 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post
Well, we have the essentials so we would technically "ok" if baby came (other than the I'm not term yet). By that I mean boobs and diapers.

ChaseMommy: What are you wanting to sew? I have a a few little things I am working on with some scraps but nothing big.
I have the boobs and diapers too so I guess I am as prepared as you.

I volunteered months ago to be a tester for a new momma postpartum pads. So I have to sew them up and get back to her on the instructions and then how I liked the product. I also would like to make some nursing pads. I don't have to have them, I have a few left from DD and mostly stuffed newborn prefolds down my shirt. So I can live without them, it just would be nice. I would also like to make some XS diaper covers. I gave up on adding to my diaper stash, to much on plate now but I really would like the covers especially if this guy is as little as they are saying. Other than that I would like to make a Pod carrier but once again we can live without too. It just would be nice to have it done before than trying to do it after. Momma pads are really what I am set on now since I committed. I also have some knitting to do but I'm not stressing to much on that.

What are your little projects?

#5 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 05:37 PM

I have boobs but no diapers or car seats.
Then again, as I told my grandma when she freaked out that I didn't yet have a high chair (???), "there are these things called stores, and I trust they will still exist if the baby comes before we get a high chair."

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#6 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 06:30 PM

Had a nice weekend. On Friday one of DP's nieces had her b-day so we spent the late afternoon evening out in their garden getting fresh air and sun. DP's mom burst out laughing when she saw me, and asked me how much I weigh now. I smiled and laughed back that I wasn't about to tell ANYONE how much I weigh. Whew! No heads bitten off. I was taken aback that she asked how much I weigh. I mean, that's pretty personal and really none of her business. I know she didn't mean it in a mean way, but that still doesn't excuse bad manners. DP was nice enough to stand by me and say he wasn't going to divulge my weight either.
DP plays bass in two bands and one had a private concert on Saturday that we went to. It was pretty cool. Today we went swimming in a thermal bath spa. It was so wonderful!!!

*****My usual rant*****
But DP bugged the crap out of me this morning again, too. He woke me up instead of just letting me sleep in to ask me how I felt. I told him I was tired and that my legs were crampy. He offered to massage them, but I said I just wanted more sleep since 1) I DO need more sleep and 2) this is just another cheap attempt on his side to con me into having sex with him. Ok, so he rolls over and decides it's time to find a new radio station on the CD player next to the bed and not bothering being quiet about it in the least. Then he finally gave up, got up and did some stuff in the kitchen. By the time I got up some minutes later, he had managed to feed the cats, make coffee and leave a huge water puddle in the kitchen. DD and DP both wanted pancakes, so I went into the kitchen to get them started. I see the puddle, sigh and ask dd if she can clean it up for me since she's standing right there. She balked and I just exploded. It seems like no one feels like they have to do anything I ask. I have asked DP repeatedly to watch water spills in the kitchen -I don't need to be slipping and hurting myself in my condition, but he just can't get it into his f'ing head. And dd doesn't seem to think it's fair for her to clean ANYTHING she didn't personally get dirty herself. Except, of course, everything. DP heard me flipping and kept calling from the dining room from his notebook that he'd clean it up, but it was too late. I was already fuming. He should have cleaned it up the moment he made the puddle, not when I have to nag him or dd to do so. And guess who ended up cleaning it up? Right!!! DD stood around looking stunned while DP continued at his notebook uncertain what to do. Then later in the day, he left an empty woven basket in our bedroom on some baby stuff, knowing full well that the cats love peeing in such empty containers. *sigh* I informed him that he shouldn't leave the baskets there for the cats to pee in - maybe he forgot, who knows. He sort of grinned and said he knew they would. I'm like, huh??? He did that on purpose?!? Then I asked him why he set it on top of a some baby stuff then if he knew the cats might pee in the basket? It finally clicked for him, and he responded that he just didn't think about that. That's the constant problem. It doesn't seem like he thinks he needs to use his brain for anything anymore. I have to do the thinking for him, too. Got my appt. for my psychiatrist on Tuesday. I hope we can book an appt. for me and DP then. I can't deal with his BS much longer and I certainly don't want him sabotaging my birth with him poking and prying when I just need peace and quiet to concentrate.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#7 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 07:28 PM

I have a day to day to do list. Place and people I have to call, things I have to pick up etc. I'm getting more energy now, so I am finally able to get things done (like clean out the horrid back porch/sunroom ).. I just like to make things nice before the baby arrives. I still want to buy a potty (for EC) and a soother (one of those fancy rubber ones)..

I'm just trying to stay in a good mood most of the time. I'm feeling pretty up and down. I talked to a doctor the other day and she suggested that maybe I have hypothyroid, which I think is highly likely, so I'm worried about losing all my hair and being a nutcase even more after baby arrives, unless I get something to help my thyroid regulate.

My life is good though. I have a sweet little garden started, my two girls are just so awesome and I love them so much, I can hear the river close by while I'm sleeping, there is a great community just a couple blocks away, etc.
But on the other hand, I have family that moved here "to be close to us" and they are a total nightmare (like spreading rumors about us, and their kids are now mean to my kids etc.) and they *love* it here apparently (a town of 1000) and I wonder if they just *love the drama*. I wish they'd go back to where they came from (under the bridge? the SIL of course).. I just kinda feel sorry for my brother being in a relationship with her. I just ignore them now when I see them, and it's just not good. She has said that she doesn't want to make amends. yuckity yuck. She just thinks I *wanna be friends* like some sort of high-school fucking drama. Um, wake up, I just want to be able to talk to my nieces and nephews occasionally.

so yeah, nice to hear everyone elses updates!
#8 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 10:56 PM

I have similar issues with a SIL- rumors, drama, ugh. In-laws are hard. I often feel like the people who marry our siblings are from different planets. Wish it wasn't so hard- I feel the same, just want to be close to my nephew!

Husbands are idiots. (you all get that without further explanation, right??)

Heartburn sucks.

I called in a babysitter and a housecleaner to come and help out sometimes while dh is working or out of town for the next 6 weeks. Then he'll be home til school starts again in the fall. It was empowering to make the calls and ask for help!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#9 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hello Pretty Mamas,

I've been reading along too but don't always have the time to respond or ask questions, etc.

Chase_mommy - if it turns out that you aren't able to do the Mama Pads because of the bed rest situation, I would think the organizer would be understanding. No? You volunteered and agreed, you were intending to do so, but this was an unexpected and unforseen circumstance.

ProtoLawyer - Why YES, there ARE things called stores that will still be there when the baby comes! Seriously! So funny how alarmed some folks become if you don't have all this "stuff". Sorry to hear your BP has been doing wacky things, and it's good to know it's back to normal. This is a tough time for you and your family because of you and dh having an unknown/uncertain near future WRT jobs. Anything on the horizon for him? You haven't said much about dsd lately, how are things with her?

Terrilein - You are looking lovely and round! Like a fertility goddess! To hell with the comments! My gma also keeps asking me if I am having twins because I am rotund and way out in front. I think there was a thread about this before too... that in their generation they were encouraged not to gain much weight etc. As for your rant about dh... I can relate to a lot of what you said... we went through a period of time (oh years, actually!) when it was obvious that he just.did.not.get.it. It took some serious counselling sessions for him to "get it", make some SMALL progress (which is better than nothing)... and in the end I had to decide what I could live with. A message for me too was that I had to adjust my expectations. Not happy to hear that, let me tell you! But important to realize for the sake of our relationship that I had a reduce or adjust my expectations. Anyway, sorry for the little veer off into "all about me", just saying this because it really strikes a chord with me.

Even though we have some adjustments and improvements, I've had to kind of resign myself to living with some things that I don't like because that's just the way it is.

Majazama - are you getting your thyroid levels tested? My pdoc also did an extra anti-body test for thyroid (it's a newish thing, dunno if your doc knows about it). Sorry to hear about the drama with SIL! Your garden, community and girls sound very lovely.

Mataji4 - Good on ya for calling for help with babysitting and housekeeping! It DOES take strength to reach out for help and I can totally see how that would be empowering!
As for the "husbands are idiots" comment -- I am about to say something conversationally, and it's not to put you on the spot or embarass you or anyone else! I just wanna say that sometimes with statements like this, I imagine it turned around, like what if my dh and some of his friends were standing around and saying, "wives are idiots". Would I like that? No. Would I think it's fair to blanket all women with one sentence because someone did something he didn't like? No. So I'm just gonna say let's try to keep it specific about our beefs related to our husbands, and not lump everyone all together as idiots, okay? Okay, that's me off my box now

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#10 of 44 Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 PM

Gosh, it sounds like we're all on the same page with in-law drama, last-minute plans, heartburn, hugeness. Ugh.

I can't believe I'll be holding my baby in my arms in less than a month. I feel SO ready to meet her, and like I already know her at the same time. So ready to be done being pregnant, to be done wondering how it'll all turn out, to be done wondering what color her hair is. At the same time dumbstruck that I'm going to be someone's mother. I'm feeling a mix of "already?" and "omg, I have been pregnant forever."

I feel myself getting super introspective. I feel like it's hard to communicate or engage in the most basic communication, and like I have about 30 minutes a day where my brain is "on" and I'm able to take work calls or really connect with a friend. Otherwise, it's all inner thoughts and plans, my head turning in deliberate circles like my dog before he lies down to rest.

Will I really just be content to stare at her for hours once she's here? Will we fill our time eating and napping? Will she really eat up my days? Someone tell me it's good that I don't have much else to do (no other kids, very little work) for the first 3-6 months?

Mommy to a gorgeous little miracle
#11 of 44 Old 05-31-2010, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervousnelle View Post
I feel myself getting super introspective. I feel like it's hard to communicate or engage in the most basic communication, and like I have about 30 minutes a day where my brain is "on" and I'm able to take work calls or really connect with a friend. Otherwise, it's all inner thoughts and plans, my head turning in deliberate circles like my dog before he lies down to rest.
Nelle, I feel like this more and more everyday too. I think it's all part of the mama-process. This huge change is coming up soon, so it's probably good that our brains are taking it upon themselves to get ready for it- reboot and re-adjust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
Terrilein - You are looking lovely and round! Like a fertility goddess! To hell with the comments! ITA!

As for the "husbands are idiots" comment -- I am about to say something conversationally, and it's not to put you on the spot or embarass you or anyone else! I just wanna say that sometimes with statements like this, I imagine it turned around, like what if my dh and some of his friends were standing around and saying, "wives are idiots". Would I like that? No. Would I think it's fair to blanket all women with one sentence because someone did something he didn't like? No. So I'm just gonna say let's try to keep it specific about our beefs related to our husbands, and not lump everyone all together as idiots, okay? Okay, that's me off my box now
I'll jump in and agree here- with the same good intentions of not putting anyone on the spot! I sometimes get a little turned off by similar comments made by women- not just here, but everywhere. Yeah, men do it too ("Women are all crazy" etc), but I like to think my DH wouldn't so I try not to too. My mom used to make all sorts of "anti-men" comments around my sister and I growing up and I didn't mind it or really recognize it until I met DH. Then I felt really offended, like- "Hey! That's MY man you're talking about too! and most of the time, he's NOT like that." And I wouldn't want my son or daughter to hear stuff like that all the time. Anyway, I think everyone understands where we're all coming from when we say those kinds of things, but I agree with Surfacing- it's best to keep our beefs specific. Specific beefs. Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
DP plays bass in two bands and one had a private concert on Saturday that we went to. It was pretty cool. Today we went swimming in a thermal bath spa. It was so wonderful!!!
Cool! What kinds of music do his bands play? Sniff...sniff...I miss my bass.
OHHHHH thermal bath spa, that sounds great!

I'm finally up and about again. My leg is feeling a lot better and I don't really have much pain unless I'm standing around for a long time. I tried to get back into yoga yesterday but in the week and a half I missed my belly must have grown a few inches or something and made certain things waaaay more uncomfortable. But I'm not going to give up! I wanted to keep it up until this baby came and I will...somehow.
Today I'm taking a break from some the more mundane tasks and doing some fun stuff- making my labour/birth playlist and designing my own birth announcement using Adobe indesign.

I've had this wistful feeling come over me lately now and then. DH and I were reminiscing about some stuff in our wilder days (like a year ago...) and even though I'm soo happy about this change that is coming for us and we're ready for it and we want it...it's difficult to think that this other part of our life together has ended. I think we're both struggling a bit to figure out how our new life fits with the old...baby+traveling, baby+hanging out with single friends, baby+spontaneous sex, baby+wild transgressions? Of course these things have already drastically changed just with pregnancy...
DH is really psyched about the baby and has all the makings of a great daddy in him- but sometimes I don't think he QUITE gets it. Example: Good friends of ours are renting a villa in Italy in late August and another friend offered his apartment in Amsterdam to us for a week or two around the same time. DH is thinking we'll totally be ready by then to go to both places. I'm kind of thinking we might be ready to leave the house for extended periods of time by then! And wondering just what he thinks we'll be doing with our party animal friends in Italy? AND wondering if he knows that babies aren't allowed in Amsterdam night clubs and "coffee" shops! They do have nice parks there though...

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#12 of 44 Old 05-31-2010, 01:51 AM

I have to say that sometimes it's comforting to know that I'm not alone thinking my DP is an idiot. I mean, I think everyone else is sooo happy and has no issues, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

My specific beefs: DP sleeps in every day until about 10:30.. (he starts work at 4 pm).. today he actually got up before me, and I was super surprised.. He won't take any of my advice on how to help himself feel better to get up earlier (such as perhaps SMOKING cigarettes since he was 13 has something to do with it, and the fact that he drinks a 6 shot of espresso once he gets up (with a bit of milk).. can you say bone melting?) He also does not give me any special treatment because I'm pregnant (boy that has changed since our first pregnancy) I'm just constantly annoyed with him.
#13 of 44 Old 05-31-2010, 02:12 AM

Terrilein
Quote:
this is just another cheap attempt on his side to con me into having sex with him.
I'm sorry, I know you were frustrated but this made me LOL. I have had NO sex drive this pregnancy, poor DH has been so patient. I hope it comes back after baby is born!

ChaseMommy: I *should* be finishing replacing all the velcro and elastic on our diapers. It's so tedious though so I'm putting it off. I made a new Mai Tei, um, cause the 2 I have, the wrap and 2 slings might not be enough. I made some nursing pads too but I need to make more. I am scared I will make a bunch and won't like them though. I've also been putting off finishing some Roman shades. It requires me to hand sew about 40 little rings though-yuck. I should finish them though-Our neighbor is really close and I am not sure that he wants to watch the birth!

Protolawyer: That is SO funny that your grandmother was so concerned about a highchair!

Expat : Wow! Your husband is so ambitious! Sounds like they would be fun trips but I am with you. I'm not so sure I would be ready with a newborn.

I finally cut and colored my hair today and feel much better now. I think so anyway- I didn't have the energy to style it once I was done cutting and coloring. We'll see tomorrow.

What is everyone doing tomorrow?
DH's cousin and his family are coming into town for the day so we will get together with everyone at the ILs. I've actually only met them once before but they were nice. I think DD will have fun with their little girls. I'm just trying to brace myself for (and work up the courage politely ask that she stop) the belly size comment from MIL. I know she doesn't mean anything bad by it but I think we can agree that it's hard to take.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#14 of 44 Old 05-31-2010, 02:24 AM

My boobs hurt.

Loving Dh, Mama x 4, Surrogate mother to 5. A born 2003, M and R girl/girl twins 2006, S and C boy/girl twins born 2010. Processing/healing.
#15 of 44 Old 05-31-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Protolawyer: That is SO funny that your grandmother was so concerned about a highchair!
I think she was going back to the 40s and 50s when many moms started their kids on solids ASAP. (Or maybe there were high chair ration stamps during the war? )

Surfacing: Things are good here, actually--we're in a good financial position so our lack of jobs may provide more "together time" than we were originally seeking, but at least we won't have to worry about money for awhile, on top of everything else.

My stepdaughter is doing well--she's vacationing with her mom this weekend, so we were able to attend a party (at a bar!) last night. She's still ambivalent about the idea of having a sibling, but it's understandable.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#16 of 44 Old 05-31-2010, 01:28 PM

Terrilein..........Sorry your dp is being so frustrating, I know how that can be. I'm really getting annoyed at the fact that I have to be my own brain and his......I can barely remember my own stuff let alone having to responsible for another grown adult.

CoBabyMaker..........Good luck with the IL's today.

expat........glad your leg is feeling better.

I think I woke up on the wrong side of the bed the past few days, I am so grouchy. Dh is frustrating me so much..........he's suddenly living in his own world and forgetting everything and/or not listening to me or paying attention. This is something we had dealt with in the past and he seemed to be improving but now we seem to be sliding backward. Okay....rant over. My to do list is still huge but at least we have sold our house and moved. Thank goodness for our packers and movers. Our stuff is in storage now and we are waiting for our house to be ready. It's nearly done but they aren't letting us have it for another few weeks. For the time being we are in limbo, staying with my dad. I can't wait to get in the house and make use of my new jacuzzi soaker tub. I'm also excited to get baby's diapers all prepped and ready to go. For the time being we are enjoying being back in civilization (we moved from up north) and loving being close to family.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#17 of 44 Old 05-31-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
Chase_mommy - if it turns out that you aren't able to do the Mama Pads because of the bed rest situation, I would think the organizer would be understanding. No? You volunteered and agreed, you were intending to do so, but this was an unexpected and unforseen circumstance.
You are right here and I am sure she accounted for in her tester mommas for people who just couldn't/didn't do it. I just hate being THAT person. Plus, I am a heavy bleeder PP and disposable pads just are not a good thing down there. I was really wanting to do cloth. I am just hopeful that they will decide that I can be off bed rest, I am not one to lay around and do nothing.

Quote:
Gosh, it sounds like we're all on the same page with in-law drama, last-minute plans, heartburn, hugeness. Ugh.
I have dealt with the in law drama for years and man does it not ever stop? We seriously have had to pull away from them to have some peace in our life, thank goodness we live 2 states away. Of course that doesn't solve the issues but it sure helps! What really erks me when it comes to them is their lack of concern for THEIR grandchildren. DS had eye surgery, we called and told them he was having it and then they never called and checked on him. SIL told MIL about things going on with this pregnancy, she calls and talks to DH but never asks how I or the baby is doing OR how DS is doing. Some people just blow my mind. All I ever wanted when I was little was a big happy family. I feel the only way I am going to archive this is through making my own big happy family.

I am having a rough time talking to my friend too lately and I never connected that the way you did, makes sense though! I feel like a bad friend because I can't/dont want to deal with their everyday drama. I just want to be left alone and to do my own thing. I feel so selfish though and don't want to hurt anyones feelings so I just sit here listening about whatever the issue of the day is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
I have to say that sometimes it's comforting to know that I'm not alone thinking my DP is an idiot. I mean, I think everyone else is sooo happy and has no issues, but I'm glad to know I'm not alone.
I like to know that I am not the only one dealing with crap from DH too. He never stops amazing me with the things he does and then the excuse I get when i call him out on it. Drives me nuts. I wish I could be as absent minded as him at times... I feel like I have to keep it together always so we and life dont fall apart.

Quote:
ChaseMommy: I *should* be finishing replacing all the velcro and elastic on our diapers. It's so tedious though so I'm putting it off. I made a new Mai Tei, um, cause the 2 I have, the wrap and 2 slings might not be enough. I made some nursing pads too but I need to make more. I am scared I will make a bunch and won't like them though. I've also been putting off finishing some Roman shades. It requires me to hand sew about 40 little rings though-yuck. I should finish them though-Our neighbor is really close and I am not sure that he wants to watch the birth!
What is everyone doing tomorrow?
DH's cousin and his family are coming into town for the day so we will get together with everyone at the ILs. I've actually only met them once before but they were nice. I think DD will have fun with their little girls. I'm just trying to brace myself for (and work up the courage politely ask that she stop) the belly size comment from MIL. I know she doesn't mean anything bad by it but I think we can agree that it's hard to take.
Wow, put me to shame..."few little things" my butt! If you dont get to the shades I am sure a blanket will due to keep that neighbor from enjoying the show.

I hope you have a good day and MIL can hold off on the comments.

We are just hanging out since I am not much fun these days. DH has decided "I am going to try to do all the house work just like you because you are on bed rest!" Yeah we will see, at least he is trying and I do appreciate the help. Although, he swept and mopped the bathroom and then I went in there (because I pee all the time) and there was dirt against the wall and DS muddy shoe print on the floor... how did he miss that?!?? At least what he misses or doesn't' do is a lot less than what I normally do so I am kinda doing the bed rest thing... right? Later this afternoon, weather permitting, we are going to grill out and have a picnic under our tree. The kids will enjoy eating outside and I can lounge on the ground while we eat and they play. I believe thats it for our day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2toomany View Post
My boobs hurt.
Me too! What the heck, I don't remember them hurting like this the last 2 times.

#18 of 44 Old 05-31-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
I feel like it's hard to communicate or engage in the most basic communication,
See?!?! There's a great example. I used the same verb twice in one phrase - my third trimester genius at work. Ugh, I need a nap.

Mommy to a gorgeous little miracle
#19 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 06:12 AM

I can't seem to sleep.. had too long of a nap today. it's 2 am

anyways, I was wondering how yall are measuring. I am measuring right on target for the amount of weeks (33 weeks/cm) but was the same last appointment two weeks ago. Here I thought that the baby was super big, but now I'm wondering. Maybe he/she is taking a little breather from the growing perhaps? because I am feeling more energy, and not as exhausted.
is anyone else feeling more energy at this point? measuring the same as last appointment? The MW did say that perhaps he/she has moved down a bit and that's why I haven't seemed to grow in the two weeks. It just seems odd that I'm not growing because I'm eating really well, and really pumping up my iron intake (no pun intended )
#20 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

My doctor tells me every time that I'm measuring exactly on target. So last appointment at 35 weeks I was 35 cm. I think I had a tiny pick up in terms of energy levels within the last two or three weeks following the huge beginning of 3rd tri drop in energy. But I dunno, it's hard to say since I was confined to the couch for almost 2 weeks- I wasn't doing anything that required much energy... I'm no help.

So is anyone doing perineum massage? Because I tried it and I absolutely HATE it. I tried doing it myself- hated it. I tried having DH do it- hated it. I tried again and again...hated it more. So I'm giving up on it- it's pure torture. Not only was it physically painful, but it was kind of psychologically shitty too- I just kept thinking..."Crap, if THIS hurts, how much is it going to absolutely KILL when it's a baby coming out of there?" I KNOW it's going to sting and burn and hurt when the baby comes out (however short lived those feelings will be) but I really don't want to feel that now...over and over again. Once for the baby is enough! So I give up.

#21 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
I can't seem to sleep.. had too long of a nap today. it's 2 am

anyways, I was wondering how yall are measuring. I am measuring right on target for the amount of weeks (33 weeks/cm) but was the same last appointment two weeks ago. Here I thought that the baby was super big, but now I'm wondering. Maybe he/she is taking a little breather from the growing perhaps? because I am feeling more energy, and not as exhausted.
is anyone else feeling more energy at this point? measuring the same as last appointment? The MW did say that perhaps he/she has moved down a bit and that's why I haven't seemed to grow in the two weeks. It just seems odd that I'm not growing because I'm eating really well, and really pumping up my iron intake (no pun intended )
I am measuring 1 week ahead and have been for months but based on the multiple u/s that I am having (due to some issues) the baby is super small. When I feel around for him, he takes up like 1/4 of the space he has, I could easily carry 2 more his size. As far as energy is concerned... I was full of it two weeks ago. I felt great and the house was spotless but now I am turning into a huge lazy butt... I guess thats a good things since they put me on bed rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
So is anyone doing perineum massage? Because I tried it and I absolutely HATE it. I tried doing it myself- hated it. I tried having DH do it- hated it. I tried again and again...hated it more. So I'm giving up on it- it's pure torture. Not only was it physically painful, but it was kind of psychologically shitty too- I just kept thinking..."Crap, if THIS hurts, how much is it going to absolutely KILL when it's a baby coming out of there?" I KNOW it's going to sting and burn and hurt when the baby comes out (however short lived those feelings will be) but I really don't want to feel that now...over and over again. Once for the baby is enough! So I give up.
I did this some with DD but she came 3 weeks early so we didn't get around to it that much. It shouldn't hurt though. You just stretch until you feel a tad bit of pressure, pain or tingling and then hold for a minute or so. Then repeat, make sure to use plenty of lubrication/oil and relax. There is a lot of extra blood flow down there so it makes sense that you are a little more sensitive down there than usual.

Ok, I am off to the fist of many stupid appointments this week.

#22 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 12:50 PM

I'm going to come back later and comment on your posts but for now....

WRT moi...I've been complaining alot that I don't have much help here but I've been pleasantly suprised by a couple of people this week...
My 30 yr old, partying, single BIL has been so sweet. He's out of work right now so a couple of times he has taken DS for a walk to the marina for an ice-cream and taken him to visit Grandma.
He spent the weekend at a batchelor party in Edinburgh but called today so say he'd be over tmw to hang out with DS for an hour!

Last night we went to my Dad's girlfriend's house and met her 2 Sons (and their girlfriends) for the first time. They're in their mid 20s and spent the whole evening playing silly games with DS and generally entertaining him and I did nothing! DS went to bed an hour later than usual and slept in till 8.30am!

My Sis and her family are in Turkey on vacation and it sounds awful to say but actually nice to have a little bit of a break from them. My niece is going through a mean, sly 4.5 yr old girl phase is so irritated by my DS who simply adores her She's constantly rejecting him or criticising him and it breaks my heart....
My DS is very high energy and I always feel the disapproving looks form my Sister because he can't sit at a dinner table for an hour....

Yesterday would've been my Mum's birthday. I really miss her. It's my bday on Thursday and 4 yrs ago, I came home for a visit and we celebrated together. I went back to the US and she died a month later.

Urgh. Feel like I need to end on a cheerful note.....the sun's still shining and it's raining in Moscow!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#23 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 01:58 PM

Guess what?

I got the job!

What else?

Our contract was accepted on the house!

So now we have to pack and move and I have to find childcare for dd so that I can do training, but I am so excited!!!

In unrelated news, I HAVE to find some kind of outside activity class for my daughter. She has been really needy and stir-crazy, and it's time to start up Summer activities--swimming or art camp and lots of trips to the library. She's also been super-oppositional (moreso than usual) and sensitive, like any little request could be met with explosive resentment "how DARE you CRITICIZE me by suggesting that I'm not infallible in my every moment and action" just because you say, hey, you might want to get your shoes on, or smth like that. Sigh. I love that girl, but ever since she lost her top front teeth, we have been in pre-puberty mode, and every day has been VERY challenging.

Oh, and btw, dp proposed to me. It was lovely and sweet and better than I could have imagined. We had a 48 hr engagement and then went to the courthouse and were legally married so that we could sign the title on our house with the same family name. So dp is now dh We'll plan a ceremony/reception to share with our loved ones for AFTER we move into our new home and meet our new family member.

LOTS of very positive developments here!

Happy and in love with my family!
#24 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post
Guess what?

I got the job!

What else?

Our contract was accepted on the house!

So now we have to pack and move and I have to find childcare for dd so that I can do training, but I am so excited!!!

In unrelated news, I HAVE to find some kind of outside activity class for my daughter. She has been really needy and stir-crazy, and it's time to start up Summer activities--swimming or art camp and lots of trips to the library. She's also been super-oppositional (moreso than usual) and sensitive, like any little request could be met with explosive resentment "how DARE you CRITICIZE me by suggesting that I'm not infallible in my every moment and action" just because you say, hey, you might want to get your shoes on, or smth like that. Sigh. I love that girl, but ever since she lost her top front teeth, we have been in pre-puberty mode, and every day has been VERY challenging.

Oh, and btw, dp proposed to me. It was lovely and sweet and better than I could have imagined. We had a 48 hr engagement and then went to the courthouse and were legally married so that we could sign the title on our house with the same family name. So dp is now dh We'll plan a ceremony/reception to share with our loved ones for AFTER we move into our new home and meet our new family member.

Wow!!! Happy happy times! Congratulations on all fronts Mama! Really pleased for you!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#25 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Craft Media Hero - that's wonderful, congratulations!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#26 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 03:38 PM

Welsh- How sweet of your BIL to help! Hooray for that!

Craft Media Hero: Congrats on all accounts! How exciting!

Majazama: I have been measuring right on track. I am sure there is some connection between fundal height and size but not tons.

Expact Mama: I tried doing perineam massage last pregnancy and felt the same way you did! It just HURT!

Wow! I have to give HUGE props to any single moms out there! DH has been working alot of extra hours this weekend and it's been really tough! The house was a total mess this morning and I am really worn out and edgy with poor DD. He just left again to go wrap things up and hopefully will be home around 2. He asked me to think about if I wanted to do anything tonight (dinner, movie, etc.) since his mom offered to watch DD. I just want to be ALONE! Also I feel like we shouldn't spend money, that's why he worked the extra hours to start with-we don't have money. (The ends meet but there is no overlap if you know what I mean. We have just enough, no extras)

DD took an epic fall yesterday morning. She is fine but she has a swollen black eye. I feel awful. It was totally my fault for letting her do something I shouldn't have. Of course she wouldn't let me ice it so I couldn't do anything for the swelling. At least it doesn't seem to bother her though. Sigh.

So yesterday MIl says: Wow, that Cora(baby's name) is just growing, growing, growing!
She's not directly rude but it bothers me. I don't know why I can't just say politely, "Mom, I know you don't mean anything by it and I am probably just be sensitive but please don't comment on my size. It really bothers me." Can I manage to ever say that? Noooo.
SIL: That dress has the oddest shape to it.
Me: Well, it's the only shape I've got right now so I just have to work it.

I'm grumpy today. I think it's time for a walk! Maybe some sunshine will help me. We are having a doula come over to do a birth class tomorrow. Yea! I am excited about that!

#27 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 04:14 PM

Hi mamas! Can you believe it's June? We'll start seeing babies in just a few weeks!!!!! I might be in denial about that.

We're on week 2 of parental visitors. My in-laws were here for 8 or 9 days. They were a big help, but I was glad for the "changing of the guard" when my parents arrived yesterday! My MIL was a great help, but she & FIL were sniping at each other by the end. And get this - I looked at DD this morning, and realized that she had a haircut! I sort of noticed yesterday but it didn't even cross my mind that it could have been true. Yep - MIL cut DD's hair without consulting us, and then didn't say a word about it to either of us! DH is as annoyed as I - and as happy to see my parents!

They are here through the end of this week. I had high hopes of getting some house projects done while they are here, but I think it will be all I can do to keep up with work. ARGH.

Speaking of work - I am having such a hard time focusing! I would be sooo happy to be on vacation from now until I have the baby. Sigh.

I'm feeling pretty good. Definitely tired - I have a hard time sleeping more than about 6 broken hours/night. But I'm trying to keep up with doing yoga & working out on the elliptical 3-4 times a week. Or hiking. I must say, I have a LOT less energy than I did just a few weeks ago! I start huffing & puffing & sweating without much exertion.

Did I mention that, at my last appointment, I had lost 2 pounds? We'll see how things go tomorrow. I suspect I've stayed somewhat even.

34 weeks!!! I need to post a new belly pic!
#28 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post
Indeed, congrats on all of them!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#29 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 PM

slgt-Sorry about the IL's. My DH called my MIL last night and she informed him that she bought us a crib. We told her we didn't want one months ago. Her response last night, "Well, fine I just won't get you anything." WHATEVER. I am a bit miffed at her because she has basically ignored me the whole pg. The one time I have talked to her she didn't ask anything about how I am doing or how the babies are or anything. Maybe I am being self-centered, but it bugs me.

CoBabyMaker-Why can't people figure out that they just can't say whatever they want to pg women? 'Cuz you know they wouldn't make comments about someone's size or the shape of their clothing like that. (or maybe they would???)

craft_media_hero_-WOW! That's a lot of stuff that's too cool! CONGRATS on everything!

welsh-yay for some time alone and DS gets some time with relatives, win-win. I hate it when kids are mean to each other like that, hopefully your DS bounces back from it easily. Sorry about your mom. I can't imagine.

chase mommy-bedrest has gotta be tough, I hope you are holding up OK and all goes well with your appts this week.

ex-pat mama-um, I would give up on the massage. never done it myself and have never had more than a slight tear. in fact with last baby I didn't tear at all, and he was 9# 13oz. just remember, controlled pushing during crowning. yes, it hurts, but take your time and things will stretch. So glad to hear that your leg is much better.

majazama-telling you what I am measuring will only make your eyes bug out, but I am carrying twins. at my last appt. 33.5wks I measured 44-45cm. At my 32 wk appt I measured 40cm and dr said that I would reach 50cm by the time I delivered, I think I might surpass that even! lots of things can affect that measuring thing. if measurement is way off or there starts to be a trend one way or the other, that's really the only time to pay it any attention. When it comes to relationships, there is no greener grass! I tell you, no matter what, everyone has their issues. I am with you and the irritability. I can't believe how crabby I am sometimes. But then again what do you expect with the souped up hormones, lack of sleep, and always feeling some form of pain or discomfort???

lrgs-so exciting to get a new place. hopefully they let you in sooner than they are predicting right now. my DH does some of the same stuff. small example, I went for a final pantry stocking shopping trip. On a good day I am I get tired easily and need to put my feet up frequently. I wasn't doing/feeling well, but knew I needed to get this chore done. I come home and have tons of stuff to unload, am in pain and swollen, need to eat, etc.
Does he help with the groceries? No.

ProtoLawyer-hopefully your together time is peaceful. When my DH was unemployed for a while last year, it was pretty hard to adjust to him being around all the time. I was your SD's age when my brother was born. I think the hardest part of us relating was our age difference. I felt almost like a 2nd mom, altho my mom never pushed me to watch him or anything. If you can find ways for them to bond, it will help a lot.

Week #34 is suddenly harder than all the others have been. The shopping trip today didn't help. But I literally feel like someone is trying to rip the muscles/tendons/whatever away from my hips. Laying down brings some relief, but then I get aches in whatever hip bone I am laying on. All the sudden I have to hold my stomach in place to roll over in bed. I cannot bend from the waist anymore (forget about stooping), it feels like someone is jabbing a stick into my ribs/lungs/whatever. I am not due until July 14th and can't hardly believe it. I know I don't want the babies to come now. The last week of June sounds really good, tho! But then again, that's a month away. Another month of this.
#30 of 44 Old 06-01-2010, 11:50 PM

queenofchaos.. I am due july 14th as well, with just one baby though. I can't imagine how much more exaggerated all the aches and pains are carrying two. You are doing good though, sounds like they will be a good size! Just keep on keeping on.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page