Foods easy on the stomach? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 02:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know to eat small meals and snacks throughout the day, but that doesn't seem to be enough anymore. Most everything I eat makes my stomach angry until it comes right back out the other end in record time. What kinds of foods are easiest on the stomach? I'm drawing a bit of a blank for some reason. I'm not much a fan of soups, and would definitely like to keep it easy to prepare. I have noticed that my oatmeal w/ banana in the morning seems to go over well, but it's always downhill from there. I also have to eat gluten-free, but I have substitutes for most glutenous foods, so that shouldnt't be an issue.

I'm 36 weeks now, maybe this will get better when I drop? I'm really just fed up with eating all together. :P I don't think I had this problem with dd. Agh, help!
Posted via Mobile Device

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#2 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 02:13 AM

Brown rice, any pasta, fresh fruits in small servings, eggs (boiled or poached) may work for you (not me, but some women) sprouted grain bread, cooked carrots, apple sauce, yogurt with a touch of honey, cottage or ricotta cheese

The run of the mill "sickie" foods are
white rice, banana, apple-sauce, white toast, broth, jello, plain crackers, plain pasta, juice pops

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#3 of 6 Old 06-02-2010, 03:50 AM

maybe your gut needs some pro-biotic support (aka acidopholus-sp?) or maybe some digestive enzymes. if stuff is going right through you, it almost sounds like your gut is lacking something. have you been on any anti-biotics during the pg? (sorry, I can't remember)
#4 of 6 Old 06-03-2010, 05:20 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions!

Queen, I haven't been on any antibiotics or anything at all during this pg. Everything as normal as can be, otherwise. I HAD been planning on taking probiotics anyway and even have some in my fridge that I totally forgot about, so I will try that too.

Today I paid extra attention to eating in VERY VERY small amounts and it did help, so I guess I just need to be extra diligent. I have not really gained any weight, 4-5 lbs at the most (depends on the day/time I weigh myself?) which is starting to worry me just a little bit... mostly because the food I eat really seems to go straight through me. I'll give the probiotics a try.

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#5 of 6 Old 06-03-2010, 11:26 AM

Baked potato? (With whatever toppings you can handle...)
#6 of 6 Old 06-04-2010, 04:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I don't know what to suggest, my gut is angry too often (heartburn/indigestion). We're getting close to the end. I keep reading at this stage: frequent and small meals. Hang in there, Mama.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page