Mothering Forum banner

37 weeks tomorrow!

667 views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  livelovelaugh 
#1 ·
So at last week's appointment I was 3 cm. Have another appointment today- can't wait to see if there was any progress. First two births were exactly like this so far. 2-4 cm at weekly appointment and a week later 9-10 cm and straight to birth center ( never felt a contraction until at birthing center). We'll see this afternoon if #3 follows the same pattern. I'm bringing my bag but trying not to expect a baby tonight - I very well might stay at 3 cm for a few more weeks!

#2 ·
Woo Hoo!! We're getting close! I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow at midnight...or friday I should say...but I'm really excited! I'm also sitting pretty at 3cm and about 80% effaced. With my first I went into labor starting at 4cm, though that was an induction because my water broke at 37+3 and I did not go into labor for the next 4 days. Hoping to start things naturally this time along.

That is impressive about getting to near fully without knowing! That's crazyness! Did you ever get the urge to push?

It won't be long now mama!

#3 ·
Wow - getting close! I'm envious of your "not knowing until I'm there". Then again...we live 35 minutes from the hospital, plus time to get DD's care providers over here...plus the fact that I don't do internals at any of my weekly appointments...

But still - what a great way to labor!

#4 ·
Me too, me too! 37 weeks tomorrow, that is!

I have no idea what I'm dilated to or about any effacement going on though. I haven't had a vaginal exam throughout this whole pregnancy! I'm curious about it though, but not curious enough to ask for a vaginal exam.

#9 ·
I haven't had a vaginal exam either. I don't recommend it as it can introduce bacteria and doesn't really give you useful information. You can be dilated and thinned out and hang out that way for weeks and weeks, or be long and closed and posterior and have the baby the next day.

I've been checking myself once a week the last couple weeks. I've had some pretty intense bh ctx and feel alot of pressure and pinching with the baby being so low. But because I have an irritable uterus with bh ctx anywhere from 3-10 minutes apart, I have a hard time knowing if it's early labor or not. So I feel better about things knowing I am not more dilated.

#11 ·
Ya, I wouldn't get checked this early except with my history of early babies, no sign of labor until water breaks then 45 minutes and 25 minutes of pushing plus a half hour trip to birthing center my midwives think it's better to have a clue as to where I am. So I'll be checked at my weekly appointments from 36 wks on, I'm now at 5 cm, 90% enfaced and +1 station so getting there. We'll see next week if there's progress - unless something happens sooner!

#12 ·
Wowzers! I'm amazed at how dilated some of you are and are managing to still walk around without those babies falling out of you! That must feel like you're about to lay an egg!!!

I'll be 37 weeks on either Sunday or Tuesday, depending on which due date I go by. I'm voting for Sunday (based on my timing and the first dating ultrasound), but midwives are going by Tuesday, based on LMP and probably in case I go overdue (to avoid induction for as long as possible).

YAY! WE ARE SO CLOSE!!!

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by homew/two View Post
Ya, I wouldn't get checked this early except with my history of early babies, no sign of labor until water breaks then 45 minutes and 25 minutes of pushing plus a half hour trip to birthing center my midwives think it's better to have a clue as to where I am. So I'll be checked at my weekly appointments from 36 wks on, I'm now at 5 cm, 90% enfaced and +1 station so getting there. We'll see next week if there's progress - unless something happens sooner!
Wow, congratulations on the progress!
It DOES sound wise to know where you're at in your situation. Amazing!

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by homew/two View Post
That is just wild and crazy! What a way to do it! Woo hoo!

#18 ·
37 weeks today!!!!
So very excited! Whenever people ask me when I am due (which is constantly, because I have looked full term for a long time now!), I tell them the date but then quickly tell them how long until full term...and now it is here!! How wonderful! Trying to not wish away these last few weeks since this is our 3rd and last babe, but it is hard to not get excited to meet her! Whatever her name is!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.