Mothering Forum banner

Ok, so I'm NOT ready!

966 views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  Momma2DoubleCuties 
#1 ·
I'll be 36 wks on Sunday. I went to the dr today and while I was getting the lovely GBS swab he 'checked' me and found I am already 3cm and 50% effaced. I was prepared for him to say that I am still locked up tight. Now I have to face the fact that yes, these babies could really come at anytime. BUT, now I don't want them to come quite yet!
Another couple of weeks, please??? I know I could walk around at 3cm or even 4cm for another couple of wks because I was like that with baby #4. But with #4 I was closer to 38 wks when I did that.
I feel like such a doofus. I thought I felt like I was ready and wanted things to happen sooner, rather than later, now I don't. I don't think I have ever been so neurotic in a pg. Along those lines, anyone else super-impatient or just plain irritated by pretty much everyone? I told DH today that I am not going shopping anymore cuz I get too stressed out waiting in line, trying to navigate a cart (with at least 3 or 4 kids) through aisles full of people that either don't seem to know where they are going OR don't give a darn that they are taking up the whole aisle so no one else can get thru, so either you have to go around a different way or wait on them to move.

Funny thing is, lately I've have been operating so much by contraries that in spite of my wanting the babies to stay in longer, they probably won't!

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm in the same boat too. I so want to meet this new little one and breastfeed again, and all of that.

But I want her to stay put in there for 4 more weeks at least since we have to move in 13 days, and then I have to get things settled and get used to my surroundings and new routines, and, and, and . . . .!

It'll just be a LOT easier to move and get things done if she is on the inside and not on the outside. YK?!

Plus I still have a few things to order online before she comes and I can't order now since I don't know where to send things yet! :-S

#5 ·
I spent my day looking for any sign that labor is imminent. I want to have this baby. I want to have it with in the next two weeks. I am ready. I can not wait!

Then

I spent my night crying over the end of my pregnancy. I will miss my silent partner. My round belly. Our secret bumps and touches. I want to be pregnant for as long as possible. I am not ready.

Turns out I'm crazy. Thankfully there is still a tiny sane part of me that knows this!

Hang in there mama!

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by maranapanda View Post
I spent my night crying over the end of my pregnancy. I will miss my silent partner. My round belly. Our secret bumps and touches. I want to be pregnant for as long as possible. I am not ready.

Turns out I'm crazy. Thankfully there is still a tiny sane part of me that knows this!

Hang in there mama!
I feel the same way! Will so miss this feeling of life growing inside me. I feel like I almost have to mourn the lack of pregnancies in my future.

#8 ·
Me too, mentally I'm sooo ready to have this one but around the house -there's so much I'd like to get done first, plus still haven't lugged out all the baby gear from storage, washed clothes, etc,etc.

I do have my bag, carseat and towels in the car and set to go, but also have been walking around at 5cm since Wed and nothing is happening!
Yikes- I should get back to my list...

#9 ·
Quote:

I spent my day looking for any sign that labor is imminent. I want to have this baby. I want to have it with in the next two weeks. I am ready. I can not wait!

Then

Hang in there mama!
This is exactly how I feel. I love being pregnant. I'm going to really miss it. I'm so excited to meet this baby, but I know that I'll most likely never be pregnant again, and that makes me sad

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Manessa View Post
This is exactly how I feel. I love being pregnant. I'm going to really miss it. I'm so excited to meet this baby, but I know that I'll most likely never be pregnant again, and that makes me sad

I can't say I exactly love being pg, BUT this is most likely the last pg for me, too. That's probably a big part of all this.
At least I am not alone.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by welsh View Post
I feel the same way! Will so miss this feeling of life growing inside me. I feel like I almost have to mourn the lack of pregnancies in my future.
Yep, that's me. I was even going to use the word "mourn", but I was worried it would be misconstrued. And like queenofchaos said, this is my last pregnancy. I want to take it all in.... (as well as have it be over!)

#12 ·
Quote:

Yep, that's me. I was even going to use the word "mourn", but I was worried it would be misconstrued. And like queenofchaos said, this is my last pregnancy. I want to take it all in.... (as well as have it be over!)

#13 ·
Quote:

Same here.

#14 ·
Quote:

Ditto. I am actually getting teary eyed reading this thread because I am so conflicted over the end of this pregnancy.

#15 ·

I'm not ready logistically (no name, no car seats, minimal supplies) but I'm more than ready physically.

This is likely my last (first, only) pregnancy and even though it's been textbook, I'm not fond of it and do not anticipate missing it.

#16 ·
I hate being pregnant so I'm ready for this to be over!
I don't think this will be my last pregnancy but I wish it was. I can't stop picking up my baby clothes and imagining a baby filling them.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post

I'm not ready logistically (no name, no car seats, minimal supplies) but I'm more than ready physically.

This is likely my last (first, only) pregnancy and even though it's been textbook, I'm not fond of it and do not anticipate missing it.
I think for me it's giving birth and breastfeeding that is the parts I will miss the most once they are over. I could give birth everyday if it wasn't for the pg!

#18 ·
I'm 3 cm and more than 50% effaced...but I'm expecting to hang out here for another month at least. As long as I don't feel the contractions and the cervical twinges at the same time, I'm not thinking labor. and it's my last baby too! just trying to enjoy it as much as i can.

#19 ·
with my 2nd I was 4 cm and 75% effaced at 34 weeks and she came at 42 weeks...lol
I really don't think it all means anything until you get past 5cm. Don't stress it our you'll be exhausted when you need the energy most.

#20 ·
What a great thread - I feel the same way as so many of you - so so so excited to meet this little one, so excited for borth, breastfeeding, baby! We know this is our last, though, so I have had that strong awareness of the end of the pregnancy and have been trying to remind myself everyday, that no matter how heavy or tired I feel, these final few weeks will inevitably fly by. I get very nostalgic for my labors and births and the newborn phase, so I am trying so hard to have a Carpe Diem approach to this window of time! It is SO hard, because July 4 seems to be far, far away!

#21 ·
I was just thinking this morning, "didn't this forum just open a week ago???" Now we're all in the last mile.
I was in a weekend birth class with DP - mostly for his sake, but it was also really interesting for me. Not so much breathing techniques for coping as realizing that there are a whole slew of things we can do to avoid the fear-tension-pain cycle. But the mw kept startling me with her cry imitations. I kept thinking, I'm doing hypnobabies and will have my very own home-made anaesthesia, right??? That got me all insecure, and now I feel like I'm so NOT ready for this baby to come.

#22 ·
DH and I were just talking about this last night. He's not ready for the physical part of having another person to be here. We've lucked out our boys are all so independent. But at the same time we want to meet this little person. I'm feeling like a lot of you too about this being my last baby and enjoying the baby still inside and the pregnancy. This has been my toughest one yet but I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. I want to experience all I can for a bit longer knowing it's the last time I'll ever get to feel it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.