*~* June 13 - 19 Weekly Chat Thread *~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 53 Old 06-13-2010, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hullo Mamas,

I have this dang rash thing back again. It's driving me nuts. Why, oh why? I am so close to the end and have been feeling great (except for the odd dizziness/faint thing and breathlessness). On a happy note, I've had some seriously fun baby time with my 7 week old nephew recently. So cute. Doing some more prep around here for the baby. Sometimes I think of the birth and feel confident and strong, sometimes I just feel scared for my vagina.

We're getting so close now!

How is your weekend?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#2 of 53 Old 06-13-2010, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I was doing well until a few days ago...now, my house is a mess again, I'm exhausted, everything from about my waist to my knees hurts, and DD has been full of TWO lately. Waahhhhhh, I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself today! The only happy birthday e-mail I received is from my insurance agent.

I keep getting these really sharp twinges at the bottom sides of my uterus. I think it's my psoas on either side, just reacting to the weight of the baby. But ow, sometimes is literally stops me in my tracks!

And something else I don't remember - when I have a BH now, it also stops me in my tracks. Can't keep going through it. Weird - and it keeps making me feel like I"m going to have a baby any minute! Sigh. Any time in the next 2-6 weeks...

Don't we all wish someone could just look into a crystal ball and give the date?
#3 of 53 Old 06-13-2010, 10:16 PM

I'm feeling pretty tired, but not able to nap because my DP is always working or away doing other things. I can be pretty grumpy when I don't get my nap. My kids are watching videos so I can nap. They are being extra-bratty these days too, so it's pretty difficult. I'm just hoping that once the baby is born my energy will improve..

I'm online shopping a bit.. that's always fun. I'm such a browser and usually drive store owners nuts cause I look at everything in their store, so it's nice to look at everything on my own time while I lie in bed. :P

I got a sunburn the other day, but that means that the sun has finally come out! We went down to the beach and it was lovely. I *heart* summer.

I made rhubarb pie today.. for my DP's birthday. I'm looking forward to tasting that
#4 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majazama View Post
I'm feeling pretty tired, but not able to nap because my DP is always working or away doing other things. I can be pretty grumpy when I don't get my nap. My kids are watching videos so I can nap. They are being extra-bratty these days too, so it's pretty difficult. I'm just hoping that once the baby is born my energy will improve..
and just feeling SO full of babies! I am getting *really* tired of barely being able to move around much. I can't believe these babies aren't due until the middle of next month. Then again, I am already 3cm dilated and 50% effaced, so hopefully I don't have as long as that. I am just getting so frustrated that doing much of anything takes a ton of effort, and then I get tired. Who gets winded just putting their clothes on in the morning? sheesh.

On a more positive note, my mom might come to see us this week! yay! Otherwise she's coming next month. The weather has been gorgeous, not too hot yet. Other than turning in some paper work for the kids school next year and a bit of tidying around the house (that never seems to get done or stay done anyway!) I have my 'to-do before babies come' list ALL DONE.
#5 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
Sometimes I think of the birth and feel confident and strong, sometimes I just feel scared for my vagina.
Me too! I also worry that I won't know when it's "time"...I have never gone into labor on my own so, yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofchaos
just feeling SO full of babies! I am getting *really* tired of barely being able to move around much.
My DP is starting to get impatient with me because I can't get up right away and it takes me forever to go from one end of the house to the other. I've tried explaining to him how difficult it really is but I don't think he gets it. His belly is actually bigger than mine so he thinks he knows how it feels. Um yeah, ok, but I bet his crotch doesn't feel like someone keeps kicking him there.

My weekend was pretty good, though. My DS spent the weekend with my mom and she took him to Hersheypark (amusement park close by to where I live)...my little boy is finally tall enough for some of the big kid rides!
He went on two roller coasters and my mom said he loved them. Even SooperDooperLooper, which at first he said was too scary (because it goes upside down). I got a text from my mom earlier that said he went on it three times I love having a kid that loves roller coasters! It's such a shame that I couldn't go on them with him this year. I've dreamed of that for so long. *sigh* Oh well, he was really looking forward to it, too, so I'm glad he was able to go even if I couldn't.

I hope everyone else had a good weekend.

DS 8/4/04 "You're my best mommy in the deep blue sea!"
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*
#6 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 10:01 AM

I had a wonderful weekend. My mother-blessing/shower was on Saturday, and I'm still feeling so loved and filled-up from that. Just beofre my girlfriends arrived, I heard a motorbike coming down the driveway and looked out to see my baby sister pull in! She lives in Toronto, which is about 5 hours drive from where I live, so it was totally unexpected and I just started crying. I was so so happy she came. All 3 of my sisters and 4 good friends came, and we did my belly cast, ate and drank delicious things, then sat in a circle on the deck overlooking the lake, where my friend led us in a meditation and ritual to express gratitude for this new life. Then we ate some more and had a sauna and dip in the lake. It was exactly perfect. I really feel ready for the baby now.

Today I'm going to see my midwife, then taking the kids to the library and doing a little bit of shopping before meeting DH for dinner! A dinner out is a real treat for us, and one of my piano students gave me a gift card for a great restaurant!

I'm still having trouble getting full breaths. My doula friend palpated my belly and thought that baby's head wasn't down in the pelvis--he's still head down, but still floating pretty high up. I just want him to drop so I can breathe again!

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
#7 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mummy Marja that sounds like such a nice weekend and like you were rightly pampered by your women-folk! So lovely.

Shiskeberry - isn't it so strange to see them growing up so fast? You are so proud of them taking big steps but part of you feels wistful missing their littler selves. Does that make sense? It's disappointing to hear your dh is not understanding about your belly and everything. Was he like that the first time too?

Queenofchaos - it's amazing you have your TO DO list done. I hear you on the perpetual housework AND on getting breathless just from putting on clothes. Yesterday I walked from our condo door to the elevator and was puffing and panting like I'd run a marathon. It's just that time.

SLGT - those BH that make you stop in your tracks.... I was thinking, Hey, that sounds like labour to me. But of course it probably is not. Just sounds really intense. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!! Did your dp at least do right by you and celebrate with you somehow?

Over here, I just had the craziest weekend and am taking a day of rest. We went to a bat mitzvah yesterday (my first ) and I really enjoyed it from start (ceremony) to finish (party). Man, it was as fancy as a wedding practically. But I got really exhausted this weekend. Ugh.

Just informed my dad that the Father's Day brunch I was planning for him and out of town guests.... yeah, that'll probably be changed to us inviting them all to be our guests at a restaurant. Just too much going on that weekend and I'M GETTING TIRED!

I just got a call from a coworker (HELLO! I'M ON LEAVE FROM WORK!) to attend a hearing at the end of the month to testify as a witness. Yeah, I'll be 38 weeks then... I don't think so. When my last labour was 3 hrs long? No. Then he suggested it may be rescheduled for 2-3 months so I could attend and testify. Yeah, I wasn't planning to come back from my maternity leave to do that, thanks. Not happy about that.

Anyway, must run. Be well Ladies!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#8 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 11:26 AM

marja...I just got all teary reading that!
I saw the most amazing idea for the belly casts the other day...to have them bronzed and turned into a bowl, they look so neat!
I am stressed, and so so sad. My inlaws are being miserable to me as are my bil and sil who was just here. My mil will hear directions I give to dd and then purposely do something different and make dd chose to be obedient or be with her grandmother. Its awful. When I confronted the issue yesterday am she said its no big deal and I don't trust her with my dd because I don't leave her overnight with her...yes so apparently in order to show my "trust" I have to abandon my dd...just lovely.
I cooked a huge meal last night and then after helping serve everyone and get dd her food I bring my plate to the table and there is not a single seat for me. I just stand ther a minute and everyone looks at me and then goes on eating. weird that when my dh is here there is enough room for all of us to sit at the table...I had to go sit in the dark living room and eat by myself. No one said a word to me except to mention that dd was out of milk....I was just in tears. This was the end to a miserable day.
Today I am heading out to go stay in our hotel, I am just at my wits end. My mil is so passive aggressive I don't even know how to handle it.
Im sorry about the rant here I just have no one out here and feel really alone!
I hope everyone else has a lovely week! My midwives apt is tomorrow so I am excited to see how that is going!
#9 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyprincess View Post
. My inlaws are being miserable to me as are my bil and sil who was just here.
I want to slap your in-laws!!!!!!! And I've never slapped anyone in my life!
Poor you. A great big hug from me

Wish I had some advice for you. What does your DH say?

Marja - Your blessing sounds beautiful! Gave me goose bumps reading that!

Surfacing - Sounds like you're being spread very thin (is that a British expression?!). Hope you get a little rest time before the babe appears.

Shishkeberry - I hate rollercoasters! Glad your DS had fun though!

Queenofchaos - Now don't be getting all organised and smug on us now!!

Majazama - I hear you on the need to nap and the online shopping! Rhuburb sounds sooooooo good right now!

SLGT - Happy Birthday!! Mine was last week....aren't Geminis great?!
DS is also full of 2, nearly 3. Woah there, tantrum alert!

Over here, DH is with us for 5 days before going back to Moscow! It's so good to have him around.
He's still a slob. That hasn't changed since we were last together! And it's the Soccer World Cup which is why I'm getting some MDC time! But I feel good, grounded and safe in his presence, ykwim?
We ran some errands this morning and I had to buy some cleaning cloths and products before the in-laws arrive home tonight. I'm messy but clean and they're really neat and organised but quite dirty!
As I'm staying here with DS now until the end August, I NEED to clean the kitchen and bathrooms to my standard and get rid of all the dust and cobwebs!
Also I had to buy them a new kettle as their old one was full of limescale that no amount of vinegar was shifting. Hope they won't be offended!
It's weird nesting in someone else's house!
On the positive side, I now have people to take care of DS in an emergency. AND DS slept in his own room last night! No more, 'Mummy, can I lie on you?'
It was thoughtful of MIL to decorate the single room for him but...and I'm going to sound like a meanie now....it looks like a bunch of kids tv characters vomited in there; Bob the Builder bedding, Noddy on the walls and vintage Disney figures on the dresser! He loves it of course!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#10 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
I want to slap your in-laws!!!!!!! And I've never slapped anyone in my life!
Poor you. A great big hug from me

Wish I had some advice for you. What does your DH say?

It's weird nesting in someone else's house!
Dh is just at his wits end about it. He is so far away and the problem is just competely stressing him out. He doesn't understand why they can't just be nice and get over it and he doesn't understand why we keep having these issues. The problem is that when we try to talk to them about it they just smile and say ok whatever no problem, we are family and love each other and should just get along.... Sure...thats how to handle your problems, deny there are any (which obviously there are, we don't trust them???) and then make us feel bad for trying to sort it out...loveliness.

I agree. I am hoping I don't nest here. Im sure that will cause more offense then its worth so I am trying to behave and not obsessively scrub the dog hair out of the corners. Sigh.
#11 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 01:53 PM

Chatty - I'm so sorry to hear that your IL's are such idiots. You are a lot calmer that I'd be in that situation!

AFM: we had a lovely weekend with our birth course. It was only slightly marred Saturday evening when dd called from her friend's where she was staying overnight, wanting to come home after scraping her knees up. She's been through a lot lately in the accident department. I told her to get herself cleaned up and call me in an hour if she still insisted on coming home. She made such a fuss that the father then called and asked me to come get her. Ok, but then I got an earful from DP about what kind of a wimp my dd is. I shot him daggers and said she's MY wimp, thank you very much. We just barely avoided a nasty fight. Right before we got out the door, dd called and changed her mind about being picked up.
And now DP is off for the better part of this week on business again. I've got a raging headache that won't go away - since Saturday actually - I neeeeeed to clean the appartment badly and we're eating like crap because I can't find the energy to actually shop and cook something nutritional.
Oh, and my dd found my battery operated little friend. *cough* Can I die now??? *sigh* At least there's World Cup Soccer . . .

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#12 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 02:11 PM

Chattyprincess, that sounds miserable.

Slgt, Happy Belated Birthday!

Marja, your blessing sounds wonderful.

Surfacing, make sure you take some time to rest, you need it.

Terrilein, what on earth did you tell your DD after she found it?

welsh, glad to hear you have your DH around for a bit and can feel a bit more settled now.

queenofchaos, glad to hear you might have your mom out. And wow, I'm impressed your to-do list is done!

shishkeberry, glad your DS had fun at the amusement park and it sounds like you got a bit of a break too.

AFM, had a nice quiet weekend, DH is still away so I stayed home which was wonderful (was running around all last week with work), finished washing the baby clothes and bedding, put the co-sleeper together, and cleaned up the house a bit (although it still doesn't look like I made a dent in it). That's the one thing I miss about living by myself, I always had such a nice clean, organized place.

Oh, and on Saturday night some of our neighbors set up a projector and DVD players and speakers and hung up a bedsheet between the redwoods and we had our first movie night in our tiny little town! The nearest real movie theater is an hour away. We watched Where the Wild Things Are. They also set up a fire pit, some people roasted s'mores, and it helped keep us warm and keep the bugs away. It was really nice. And one of the other neighbors who has a 2-year old came over and introduced herself and gave me all sorts of tips and I discovered there is a local mom's group, it's based in the slightly larger town about 5 miles away. I had been searching online but couldn't find anything closer than about 45 minutes away so that is great.

DH comes home Wednesday, can't wait.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#13 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post
Terrilein, what on earth did you tell your DD after she found it?
I told her that it was a women's toy. And she still looked at the thing somewhat puzzled, as if she seemed to know what for, but not really believing what she was thinking. That led to her next question which of course was if it was meant for down there to which I said yes, and then she accidentally turned it on. By then I managed to get up off the couch and retrieve it.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#14 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 10:57 PM

Chatty-I am so sorry about the situation and your dinner. How awful! Do you have to be around these people very often?

OK, I have to confess about my TO-DO list, about a month ago I went and overhauled the thing and cut out all things that were NOT absolutely essential. There are still things I want to do, like put new shelf paper in the drawers in the kitchen. But I decided that for my sanity and due to lack of mobility/energy, I had to decide what had priority and just concentrate on that. I had this really insanely long list originally, so none of this please!
#15 of 53 Old 06-14-2010, 11:23 PM

Bad in laws are the WORST! sorry.

Nice blessing Marja! But if I were you I might take not breathing over what I'm feeling...

I have a baby head square on my cervix and I'm getting tons of bh and twinges and it's really really really uncomfortable. I also feel all sorts of pulling and soreness at the top of my uterus. yuck. heartburn back, and have allergies so causing coughing, sore throat. not loving it. Seems like the baby just grew 50% over again or something!!

Went on a weekend away with just my hubby to see his sister and their new baby. 5 weeks old, yummy! I got to hold him lots and now I'm sort of sad to have to wait so long to hold my own!!!! It was a fabulous quick trip full of fun and sleeping in. But of course, came home to 6 yr old son with a badly sprained ankle. He had a trip to the ER and an xray (hello more doctor bills!!)- ugh. It's gotta always be something huh?! Drives me nuts. Poor guy- being very brave but it's a bummer for everyone b/c I can't take him anywhere, so can't take other kids anywhere either. It's the first week of summer break and they're like "let's go to the pool, the park, somewhere!" and I'm like "No, you can play in the yard or in your rooms : )" I'm not popular right now.

Plus my hormones are raging and I'm intolerant and impatient and when I try and holler it hurts my belly : ( My 3 yr old is driving me insane- he is being so incredibly naughty and it's not his usual. Darn the regression before baby thing.

Love to all you moms!!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#16 of 53 Old 06-15-2010, 11:03 AM

Chatty, I'm shooting daggers at your in-laws. Unreal.

MummyMarja - your blessing sounds fantastic!

Terrilein - Um, thanks for the morning giggle about your daughter & mummy's little helper! AWKWARD! I'm sorry your DP is being a git.

QueenofChaos
- I'm right there with you on the to-do list. Really? Do we have to have the backsplash installed on the kitchen counter before the baby is born? And the towel ring hung in the bathroom?

Question about hormones: I have noticed a definite hormonal shift the past week or so, starting about a week after baby dropped. I'm much more emotional - luckily only happy ones! - and tear up about all the beautiful things in life. My skin has also broken out a bit. Anyone else experiencing this in the weeks/month leading up to your DD?

I have 36-week check-up tomorrow, and I am fairly sure babe is head down. They'll check that, and also do GBS. I am torn whether or not I want them to check for dilation/effacement - probably not. It's just a tease!

A friend of mine went into premature labor @30 weeks, and was put on bedrest until 37 weeks. She was I think 5 or 6 cm dilated by 37 weeks, with the baby in a station, forget which one. Yep, she was walking around basically with a head in her crotch! anyways, the docs basically prescribed sex to try to get things moving. She said it was NOT enjoyable, even a little bit! I'm sure her DH was psyched, since he'd just had 7 dry weeks. Men.
#17 of 53 Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slgt View Post
Terrilein - Um, thanks for the morning giggle about your daughter & mummy's little helper! AWKWARD!
My pleasure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by slgt View Post
Question about hormones: I have noticed a definite hormonal shift the past week or so, starting about a week after baby dropped. I'm much more emotional - luckily only happy ones! - and tear up about all the beautiful things in life. My skin has also broken out a bit. Anyone else experiencing this in the weeks/month leading up to your DD?
YES!!! My body hair growth and acne outbreaks had been on hiatus up until about a week before birth.

#18 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Chattyprincess - the in-law drama seriously sucks. I was going to ask whether you have to spend all that time with them. I know there are expectations and all that but clearly, if it's weighing heavily on both sides... it's good to hear you spent some time back at the hotel to take a break. Could you take more breaks?

Terrilein - my dd1 found my battery operated friend a couple of times too. Except she was 4 so the explanations were different and simple. "It's a massager." "Oh." One night dh found her holding it, turned on, and telling him she was massaging herself. Oh-kay.... I found a new hiding spot after that one. That's a frustrating and divisive comment from your dp about your dd. Hmm.

slgt - yes to the hormone shift, emotions and to breaking out. And your comments about the To Do list... I so hear ya! My REVISED list also includes the removal of things like taking measurements of the floors and walls for renovations. Seriously? That can't be done 6 mos. from now? Sure it can.

Mataji4 - your weekend away sounds like it was sooo nice! Geez, when was the last time you were able to sleep in? My SIL has a 7 week old and whenever we go to visit I enjoy holding him lots too, changing him, etc. It's hard to wait to hold our own, isn't it? It is tough with your poor 6 y.o. having his sprained ankle and all the others having to stay in because he can't go out right now. Kids can get seriously rangy (grown ups too) with cabin fever. Not sure what things are like where you live... can your oldest take one or two out to the park or something? Not sure if it's safe or not...

Somegirl99 - sounds like a really nice weekend of fun with the neighbours. So glad you found out about some other AP mom's groups nearby. That can be such a sanity saver!

Welsh - with ds in his new Cartoon Vomit bedroom I wonder if you'll get new levels of sleep that you haven't gotten in eons... to really rest up just before baby comes. THAT would be nice. (FWIW, we have Princess Poisoning going on in the dd's room... I caved because MIL bought dd1 some princess bedding, and then when we were looking at an Xmas toy catalogue she freaked over these canopies. Permitting the princess explosion in the bedroom was my Official Gesture at trying to Accept My Daughter As She Is, not trying to push her to be what I want her to become... kwim? When she was in utero, I imagined decorating her room in a unisex way, with underwater sea animals or cartography or something ) ANYWAY, so did they notice the new kettle?

Over here: I CAN'T SLEEP! Woke up an hour ago and I have had cramps, hip/back pain, haven't been able to get comfortable and go back to sleep. Ate a snack... I'd taken some TUMS when I first woke up and now have to wait 2 hrs to take some Tylenol. My sinuses feel like crap. We're all in some stage of either fighting a cold or being sick from a cold. I don't like it. Oh well. Tomorrow my aunt and sister are coming to do a Big Cook with me... I'm planning to double 10 recipes for batch cooking. Crazy or what? We did this with a group of friends when I was PG with dd2 and we had food for TWO MONTHS! It was great. But I'm soooo tired. At least today I had a good nap. Need more napping days.

Be well, Mamas!

#19 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 03:29 AM

Nothing going on much around here...except SEX!
And lots of it! ...ok we're not taking pictures or anything, just thought that smilie was neat...

I think it finally clicked for DH that if he doesn't get the goods now it may be a really long while before the goods are good for gettin'.
We started off slow, but as always happens for us, when we get going we just want it all the time, so since last Thursday or so it has been alot of fun around here! I know what is motivating DH most- the sex itself and the promise of a long dry spell- but as for me, I'm hoping all this action will get the baby moving on his/her way out!

In other news, DH's company is changing their insurance provider on the 26th, and instead of paying 20%, our birth and everything will be free on or after the 26th. So now DH is trying to convince baby to stay put until then. Really, it would be a few hundred bucks difference so I'm still telling the baby to pack it up and get on its way! My discomfort and extreme longing to meet this baby is worth way more than a few hundred bucks at this point.

Had a long skype with my mum this morning- she is getting ready to fly over here from Ottawa on July 2nd, the day after my EDD. She was showing me the gigantic suitcase she's got and saying that after she packs all the stuff she and my aunts and my sister bought for the baby that she has NO room left for her clothing. YIKES. She's also bringing a quilt that my 95-yr old grandma made for me when I was a baby! I'm so excited about this, because my grandma stopped knitting, quilting and sewing many years ago and a lot of the stuff my mum had from her burned in a fire, so I thought I wouldn't really have anything from her for my baby. And she was so good at all of it! It's just really nice to know that this baby will have something like that.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#20 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
Nothing going on much around here...except SEX!
And lots of it! ...ok we're not taking pictures or anything, just thought that smilie was neat...
That's so funny - your series of smilies with the photo at the end.

So glad to hear you two are enjoying these final weeks - ROWR ROWR!

And the fact that you are going to have a blanket your gma made for you as a baby, to use for your own baby, that's so special.

#21 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 10:01 AM

I agree those smilies are great!! We finally did it last night after oh I don't know 3-4 weeks maybe more. : It was great but now I'm definitely feeling a little like baby has moved or something is different. Had a few very sporadic contractions last night...now I've got to hold off until Friday when I'm in the clear for my hb and then I might just say bring it on too!!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#22 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Just a couple more days until Friday Momma2DoubleCuties!
Last night poor little dd1 woke up with a fever, very uncomfortable, terrible headache. Dh has been home sick with a sinus cold, and dd1 had been having a stuffy nose... she did also get her boosters yesterday . I'm gonna keep an eye on that.

So far it's dd2 and I who are stuffy/snotty but still standing. I wonder what the day will bring. In about 40 mins my mom will show up to take the kids, and my sister will show up to help with batch cooking. My aunt is going to be late by an hour. I passed dh in the hall this morning and he is worse than he was yesterday. I was up for awhile last night with cramps and pains that kept me from sleeping.... then dd1 was up for an hour sick.... so I'm a bit sleepy today. Gonna try not to think about it and just brew some coffee. I was hoping to be better rested and more mentally sharp for the day, but it will be what it will be.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

#23 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 12:19 PM

Yey for doing it, mamato2dc!

Surfacing, sorry everyone is sick around your way! That's no fun at all. Hope everyone gets better and soon!

I had my 38 wk (well 37w6d) appt today and I'm GBS negative! woot woot! AND my doctor said I have the best hemoglobin he's seen in years! So that's pretty cool. I also broke down and had him do a vaginal exam (my first one this whole pregnancy) because I'm so jealous of hearing about everyone's progress...I'm at -3, 30%, and 1cm. Boo. Not enough progress I say! But oh well, things have got to pick up soon. COME ON baby...get a move on! I'm going to really step up with the walking and along with all the sex, EPO and everything maybe baby will show up with the full moon next week! I hope, I hope, I hope....

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#24 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 02:36 PM

We're sick here too, yuck. Had night sweats/fever the last three nights with last night being miserable. Broke down and took tylenol this morning for general achiness and bad headache that I've had since Saturday. We're all coughing too. And we're still in sweatshirts here for goodness sake!! Enough already! Where is summer?!

I'm so behind all you guys! I was just 34 weeks yesterday so I feel like I still have a long way to go. Baby still very active, noticing more BH contractions and general belly tightness. My iron levels came back good so I'm not anemic anymore : )

Next week is my last week of teaching preschool! Dh is off after today (he's a teacher) but has a big boating trip and some landscape work planned before baby comes so I'm not counting him to be around really. I think he'll be mostly around next week though, so hoping to get him through some of his honey-do list!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#25 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
...I'm at -3, 30%, and 1cm. Boo. Not enough progress I say! But oh well, things have got to pick up soon. ..
I know you know this but...it doesn't mean anything!
I was -1, 50% and 1 cm at 42 wks and had a 4 hr labour.....
I've got a feeling you'll go during the full moon too....I'll be constantly checking my email, Buddy!!

Surfacing - How crappy to have a house full of germs right now Hope you and DD don't get struck down too badly....
I totally get your reluctant indulgence in the Princess Poisoning. It's what I am dreading the most about having a girl. All.that.pink!
DS is sleeping fairly well on his own but of course I'm still tossing and turning. My left hip in particular really aches after lying on it for a while. Grrrr.
I did take a nap today though and slept really deeply for an hour

DH is here and also sick. HOW ANNOYING!!! He leaves on Friday and we haven't done the fun things I had planned at all Still...he's here at least.

To all of you having sex....jealous! It's self service round here at the moment....

I'm lurking in June DDC hearing about their babes arriving but really looking forward to reading the birth stories of our own dear Mamas here!
Not my own though, this baby can stay in until Daddy gets home next after 41 wks, thank you very much!!

Living in Russia
#26 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
We're sick here too, yuck.

My iron levels came back good so I'm not anemic anymore : )

Next week is my last week of teaching preschool! Dh is off after today (he's a teacher) !
You're all sick too?! Bummer!! Get well soon....
Good news on the anemia front though

Did you plan this babe's arrival to coincide with the summer vacation?
We did. DH isn't a teacher but it is easier for him to take longer vacation in July/August. Fortunately our plan worked the first time

Living in Russia
#27 of 53 Old 06-16-2010, 06:06 PM

Ok, don't have sex the night before a prenatal exam. They gave me a pap smear because I hadn't had one in years and it HURT! OMG!

Anyway, so my prenatal appointment today went really well. I am measuring right on schedule, baby is head down and my cervix is still firm and closed. I am now scheduled for a new appointment every week up until 7/30 and I had to sign the preadmission slip for the hospital. Hahah, little do they know I don't plan on going.

DS 8/4/04 "You're my best mommy in the deep blue sea!"
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*
#28 of 53 Old 06-17-2010, 12:23 AM

DH got sick on his trip, he seemed to be getting better but yesterday he told me he was feeling worse. I thought it was mostly a bad cough, he mentioned something about bronchitis.

Well, this afternoon I picked him up from his flight (after running around for work today) and he looked like walking death and asked me to take him to the hospital. I had to drop him off at the ER and head home to take care of the dogs, still waiting to hear any news.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#29 of 53 Old 06-17-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
You're all sick too?! Bummer!! Get well soon....
Good news on the anemia front though

Did you plan this babe's arrival to coincide with the summer vacation?
We did. DH isn't a teacher but it is easier for him to take longer vacation in July/August. Fortunately our plan worked the first time
I think we are getting better, thanks. I let the tylenol wear off and don't feel too bad.

Yes, we did time it for summer. Our last was June 5th too! We tried for June but July was the winner month.

#30 of 53 Old 06-17-2010, 03:16 AM

Just got DH home, they think he has a bad viral infection. He looks slightly better after a bit of rest and some IV fluids. I have to pick up a couple of prescriptions for him in the morning and I had already scheduled an appointment for him with our doctor so I'll take him to that. I think he will feel better sleeping at home at least.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page