Mothering Forum banner

Labour dreams

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  maranapanda 
#1 ·
For the past few nights I've been having dreams about going into labour.
Like my water breaks or I start really strong contractions. Usually I wake up really having to pee (painfully having to pee!) and for a moment I think the dreams are real and I check the bed for water and in the bathroom squint at my TP in the dark to see if there is anything on it.

This is my wishful thinking and really wanting the baby to come soon coming up in my dreams. Also sleeping is painful (aching ribs and hips, and turning from one side to the other after settling into position for a long while just plain hurts my belly now) and lately having a really full bladder is kind of painful too. Probably in my subconscious while sleeping, I'm hoping that the pain I'm feeling while sleeping is something productive like this baby getting ready to make an appearance!

Anyone else dreaming of labour or birth?

#4 ·
I've had one! I like to think that this baby is coming soon(ish) but who knows! My dd was 15 days late and there are a lot of reasons that I want this baby to come MUCH sooner than that!

In my dream, I was on all fours and suddenly there was blood but it wasn't scary, it was more like a sign that my labor was starting. Then I started to get sick (as in, vomiting). Not very beautiful/sweet/romantic but I woke up feeling hopeful that this babe would be coming soon!

On the other hand, I have also had dreams where I'm onstage in a play and I don't know my lines, or where I'm waiting tables in a restaurant but simply can't keep up--both dreams which to me mean that I don't feel ready--and I'm not! Emotionally, perhaps, but we don't really have anything in order for this baby yet!

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by La Sombra View Post
On the other hand, I have also had dreams where I'm onstage in a play and I don't know my lines, or where I'm waiting tables in a restaurant but simply can't keep up--both dreams which to me mean that I don't feel ready--and I'm not! Emotionally, perhaps, but we don't really have anything in order for this baby yet!
Ugh.. I had a server nightmare the other night. I haven't worked as a waitress in almost 6 years! I wish I was dreaming about birth. I wish I had some sign, ANY sign that things are progressing. Painful lower back, low cramping? Yes I have those... but maybe I have them because I am soooo big.

Checking the toilet paper? That's me. In a big way! I was wondering when that will go away postpartum. Early in this pregnancy I was obsessed with my tp wondering if the pregnancy was going to go away... then I was worried on maintaining the pregnancy, and now the eventual end of it. All through toilet paper analysis!

#7 ·
You're not the only one! I've been having labor dreams for a couple of weeks. I attribute them to the painful BH I get when my bladder is the least bit full because I usually wake up contracting and having to pee. Last night I was on the floor in an empty room (except for a bunch of my favorite yarn) and my labor was kind of stuck. I wasn't at home or at a hospital, but in a single room in the middle of nowhere. My labors have all woken me from sleep so it is disorienting until I wake up, pee, and realize it was a dream.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by maranapanda View Post
Checking the toilet paper? That's me. In a big way! I was wondering when that will go away postpartum. Early in this pregnancy I was obsessed with my tp wondering if the pregnancy was going to go away... then I was worried on maintaining the pregnancy, and now the eventual end of it. All through toilet paper analysis!

I should have some kind of honorary degree in toilet paper analysis by now!

Quote:

Originally Posted by maranapanda View Post
I just had two dreams about my toilet paper. TWO. Grr. Blast this thread!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiromommy View Post
You're not the only one! I've been having labor dreams for a couple of weeks. I attribute them to the painful BH I get when my bladder is the least bit full because I usually wake up contracting and having to pee. My labors have all woken me from sleep so it is disorienting until I wake up, pee, and realize it was a dream.
I can't help but think that my labour is going to wake me from sleep at this point. I can't imagine it any other way, since that's the first think I think everytime I wake up with some weird pain.

#9 ·
I had one last night. I was in very early labour although very uncomfortable and slightly panicked. (I've been feeling nervous the last few days and I start to remember more clearly my DS's birthing which was emotionally very difficult.) Anyway, in my dream I pulled myself together and started using my hypnobabies (turning off my light switch and saying my peace cue) and it totally worked. The pain was gone and I was relaxed. I'm really hoping that's a good sign that it's going to work well for me!

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by WildinTheory View Post
I had one last night. I was in very early labour although very uncomfortable and slightly panicked. (I've been feeling nervous the last few days and I start to remember more clearly my DS's birthing which was emotionally very difficult.) Anyway, in my dream I pulled myself together and started using my hypnobabies (turning off my light switch and saying my peace cue) and it totally worked. The pain was gone and I was relaxed. I'm really hoping that's a good sign that it's going to work well for me!

What a great dream! My dreams are so lame in comparison.... I really hope this means great things for you. (I also really hope that my silly dreams don't mean ANYthing for me...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.