Anyone NOT have a name? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I usually like to have 2 names chosen and then decide after the baby is born but it is so much harder since we don't know the sex this time. I have one name I really like for a girl, and if its a boy I have 2 that I am so-so on , but it is hard. DH keeps coming up with such dorky suggestions, its ridiculous.

Canadian mom of Myron born in Japan, March 2007. Our second son born at home, wonderful HBAC in July 2010. I am a jeweller, I love creating things!

1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35**coolshine.gif*40****45, Due June 10th, 2014

#32 of 41 Old 06-16-2010, 03:02 PM

ahhhh, this is such a relief, i am not alone

we have a list of 6 names, and are HOPING when he is born one will just feel right! right now dh and i just don't *love* the same ones. but i am secretly hoping he will come around to my favorite

married to DH for 5 yrs, ds born at home 6/26/10
#33 of 41 Old 06-16-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanegans View Post
I usually like to have 2 names chosen and then decide after the baby is born but it is so much harder since we don't know the sex this time. I have one name I really like for a girl, and if its a boy I have 2 that I am so-so on , but it is hard. DH keeps coming up with such dorky suggestions, its ridiculous.
That's what we always do. We have at least two names and pick after the baby is born. With this baby we have only agreed on one first name but we have a couple of runner-ups...hopefully we won't need them.

Sky, mama to dd 10/00, dd 3/02, ds 7/04, dd 3/07, ds 7/10, stork-girl.gif11/12 & married 11 yrs

#34 of 41 Old 06-16-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenanegans View Post
DH keeps coming up with such dorky suggestions, its ridiculous.
Last time, DH wanted to name our daughter Rapunzel. Okay, he didn't really WANT to, but he just kept suggesting it, anyway. Needless to say, this baby is unnamed, although we do have three names on the "maybe" list.

Mama to DD (11/07) and DS (07/10)
#35 of 41 Old 06-16-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post

I have been joking with my Jewish family members that the baby name will be revealed at the bris (as is traditional in some communities).

As we are not having a bris, he will remain nameless forever.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#36 of 41 Old 06-16-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyHeartsy View Post
I actually do like the name Polly, just not Polly Jean, and then there are 5 generations of Paul in my family, so that seems strange. I have thought about looking up other birds... All I could think of was Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird! I do know a woman that named all her kids after birds, and it wasn't really so cute.
How about Raven? Lark? Piper (for sandpiper)? Myna? Robin?

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#37 of 41 Old 06-17-2010, 06:15 PM

No names here either. We have a few that we keep going back to, but definitely not decided. We named DD when she was 2 days old, and the name we chose for her just came out of nowhere... so maybe that will happen with this one too. I think we have middle names picked out- Harmony for a girl or Lyric for a boy.

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#38 of 41 Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megviolet View Post
I think we have middle names picked out- Harmony for a girl or Lyric for a boy.
Love both these names! Beautiful and unusual

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#39 of 41 Old 06-19-2010, 10:14 AM

No names here - no one is even trying to pick one! The last 2 boys didn't have a name for like a week. With our first kids - DH nixed everything I ever liked, we settled on something & then he changed up immediately after birth...so I've given up! I tell him/the kids "you better come up with a name, cause I'm not!"

They all tell me they want to wait til they get to see/know the baby. That's fine for a HB...but If I deliver at the hosp - I'm going to want out as quick as possible & baby won't have a name!
#40 of 41 Old 06-19-2010, 02:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by megviolet View Post
I think we have middle names picked out- Harmony for a girl or Lyric for a boy.
I like those names too! One just might happen to be my name and the other is on our list.

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

#41 of 41 Old 06-19-2010, 07:50 PM

I'm huge into name meanings and love love love Sparrow and the symbolism for you! I am undecided, DH has a choice, but I am not loving it. I have come to accept that our baby boy might not have a name for a few days (can't wait much longer since he needs a birth certificate w/in 30 days in order to be added to the insurance).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page