We'll be popping like popcorn in here soon! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow! Lots of births already!

Who thinks they might be next? Any guesses?

The birth announcements are going to start pouring in soon!

Happy and in love with my family!
#2 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 12:04 PM

I'll go this weekend or early next week (scheduled C, vasa previa), but every time I want to say "I'm next!" someone has a baby the next morning. So, who knows? But I'm soon. Heck, we're all soon!

Mommy to a gorgeous little miracle
#3 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 02:28 PM

I think I'll be bringing up the rear!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#4 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegirl99 View Post
I think I'll be bringing up the rear!
You and me both! At least it won't be a total echo chamber in here at the end of the month.

Amy (34): mommy to DD1 (11/07) and DD2 (7/10), wife, wohm, and wannabe suburban homesteader.
#5 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyKT View Post
You and me both! At least it won't be a total echo chamber in here at the end of the month.
It'll be nice to have a bit of company!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#6 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 03:47 PM

I hope I'm bringing up the rear as well. My sister turns 21 on July 11th and I want to go on her bar crawl with her two hours from home (no, I will not be drinking). I don't want to go into labor then!

DS 8/4/04 "You're my best mommy in the deep blue sea!"
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40*
#7 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
I hope I'm bringing up the rear as well. My sister turns 21 on July 11th and I want to go on her bar crawl with her two hours from home (no, I will not be drinking). I don't want to go into labor then!
That sounds fun and I hope you'll get tons of free cranberry drinks or any virgin related drinks! HAH

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
#8 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 05:55 PM

Me!! Pick ME!!! Can I be Next PLEASE??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#9 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 06:14 PM

I'm afraid to even guess. My EDD according to fertility friend and my ultrasound is actually June 29th. My EDD based on my cycles as figured by my MW is July 3rd. I went a full 21 days over my EDD with my daughter.... but she had her hand on her head and never descended or pushed on my cervix at all until i had been in labour for hours (days!) so i don't know if that indicates i'll go over with this one or not....

This baby's head feels like it's already in my vagina LOL, i seriously can't imagine going overdue this time.... so i guess i'm soon! I'm ready!

Mom to Lizzy born May 2007 & expecting Baby#2 June/July 2010
#10 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 06:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by megviolet View Post
I went a full 21 days over my EDD with my daughter.... but she had her hand on her head and never descended or pushed on my cervix at all until i had been in labour for hours (days!) so i don't know if that indicates i'll go over with this one or not....

This baby's head feels like it's already in my vagina LOL, i seriously can't imagine going overdue this time.... so i guess i'm soon! I'm ready!
Awesome that baby's locked and loaded this time!

So interested about your baby's hand on her head. I keep feeling this little guy rustling his hands around his head but actually, atm I think he's engaged. Interesting though.

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#11 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 06:50 PM

I've just recently reached the mentality of "I'm ready to not be pregnant, but I'm not ready to have a baby"....so I'm guessing I still have a ways to go (or maybe that's wishful thinking!). With ds, it wasn't until I fully accepted my fate, so to speak, that brought on labor. I remember thinking "this baby will get here when it gets here and I'm fine with that." The next day he was born.

I'm 36 weeks by the way, so let's hope he bakes at least another week or two!!

Enjoying life with DH since 05/04 and our two boys Oliver 02/07 and Theodore 07/10 

#12 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 07:04 PM

I have predicted I will go on the 26th, so I'll have to wait and see. I think there will be at least a few that will come before me.
#13 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 09:39 PM

I'm was thinking I would be bringing up the rear (due July 25th) but now I'm not overly sure. We get possession of our new house in a week and I'm 37 weeks a week after that so I need this guy to keep cooking for awhile......I want him/her to be fat and full term.

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#14 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 10:00 PM

popping like popcorn, lol.. love the visual.

I'm so not ready yet!

Still have a long to do list. I figure if I don't get the things done, baby won't come, but I know he/she'll come when ready.
#15 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 10:44 PM

I've got a few diaper covers to make... so I'll need a few days.

"When one who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest!"
#16 of 37 Old 06-18-2010, 10:52 PM

Looks like I'll be sooner rather than later! Yesterday I was saying 2 - 2.5 more weeks. ( I was officially 37 weeks yesterday) But after saying bye to DH and the kids this morning - they are in another state 6.5 hours away for 3 days - I went to my appointment. Along with my high blood pressure that I've had for 5 weeks....good ole pre-e is showing up. had 300mg of protien in my urine. Dang! I thought for sure I was avoiding that! Cause I've gone weeks now with just a trace at 30mg. She said strict bed rest!
#17 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 12:04 AM

Yikes 5gifts! Rest rest while your loves are away!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#18 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
I'm was thinking I would be bringing up the rear (due July 25th) but now I'm not overly sure. We get possession of our new house in a week and I'm 37 weeks a week after that so I need this guy to keep cooking for awhile......I want him/her to be fat and full term.
We're hopefully getting our new place June 30th! I am sorry you have to move, but now I don't feel so for buying and moving into a new place this close to our birth!

MegViolet- my EDD is July 29, too! That's according to my LMP but I have pretty long cycles and I've been suspicious of the dates all along. Unfortunately, I can't find my datebook wherein I had recorded my cycles (first trimester move right at Christmas-time. yeah, two moves in one pregnancy ).

I hope to be bringing up the rear as well, mommas. I've been convinced that babe will show up a couple weeks early, but maybe I'll be eating my words at 42 weeks That would be okay with me; I'd love extra time to really get ready inwardly. Right on EDD would be nice because
baby would share a birthday with a couple of pretty wonderful people I know.

I guess we'll see!

Happy and in love with my family!
#19 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post
We're hopefully getting our new place June 30th! I am sorry you have to move, but now I don't feel so for buying and moving into a new place this close to our birth!
It's nice to know I'm not the only one! I'm itching to get in and start nesting. We were transfered with work but it was a much wanted transfer......we're very close to family now. Luckily the moving is handled for us. The house was supposed to be done June 11th and then it was pushed back and I was not happy. We're still better off then last time..........we moved 7 days before DD's due date and she was born the day after EDD.......that was cutting it a little close Good luck with your move

Lana: Mama to Mya Oct/2007 and Ainsley July/2010
#20 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 03:07 AM

After false labor on Wed (hard contractions 2 minutes apart and dilated 1cm over a 3 hour period but then everything slowing down and then stopping within 12 hours) but having contractions every 5-20 minutes all day Thur and Fri, I'm just waiting for things to pick up again. Apparently this can last for weeks though (even for a third birth). In the past it has taken hours (12-24+) of contractions 5 min apart or less to get any dilation from me so Wed strong start and then stall has been very different. I feel like I could get things going again any minute but then I might be laying here listening to 4th of July fireworks and still be pregnant. But I'm feeling every instinct to be left alone, in quiet and dark and frequently get urge to squat. We'll see........

Mum to DD (5), DS (3), and Baby #3 due in July. Sharing this adventure with DH .
#21 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 03:10 AM

Also wanted to say hang in there 5gifts.

Mum to DD (5), DS (3), and Baby #3 due in July. Sharing this adventure with DH .
#22 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 04:26 AM

I may be complaining a bunch, but I'm not quite ready yet. There are a few loose ends I need to deal with. Hopefully I can get everything sorted out in time!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#23 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I'm 37.6 weeks and ready! I know its early bla bla blaaaa. But I am very excited about this birth, its my first at home!! I want to go into labor anytime. Sunday or Monday would be good. (are you listening uterus, baby and universe!?!!?) I have done everything I can to prepare myself for being patient. Set up things to do every weekend till 42 weeks. Set up a countdown to 42 weeks. And yet... I guess it didn't work. I am ready ready ready. I am so excited for who ever is next, I am obsessed with birth stories. Bring it on ladies!
#24 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 10:10 AM

DS was a preemie so my goal is to cook this one until atleast 37 weeks (8 more days). Next week while DS is at camp I plan on getting the house and myself ready and then we wait....
#25 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 11:30 AM

I really wish I could get the house in order. At least clean the kitchen & bathroom...they are really bad! And with everone gone, its a perfect time. But my BP is really bad this morning My diastolic wont get back down in the 80's. I've been trying for 3 hours to chill and its gone from 102 down to 93-95.

My guys camping at the beach had a rough night - my DH wants to come home this afternoon I'm trying to talk him into going somewhere else that would be fun - after they get done playing in the water today - and geting a hotel room to get some sleep & come home tomorrow. Maybe go visit another state park around there. Dh and DS17yo don't travel all that well, so they were already a little out of sorts and head achy. Everyone was crashing out at 10 last night, when a group of 20yo's started setting up camp & drinking within spitting range. I suppose all the younger kids slept. But between the noise, lights and sounds of a bunch of 20 yo's having sex...Dh & Ds got most an hour or 2 of sleep. If he came home today, he'd have to leave at lunch time to make the 6-7 hour drive before he's totally exhausted. I hope he gets a hotel somewhere away from the beach tonight & gets some sleep, then drives home tomorrow afternoon. They can go to some caverns or a waterfall and have a little more fun. I hate for them to have gotten so exited for there vacation weekend & drive all that way for just a day in the water. I could have planned a closer little getaway for them to enjoy!
#26 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 01:58 PM
MJB

I think I still have 5-6 more weeks (EDD Aug 3, both boys were 39-weekers) but I'm still excited that it's getting close and love hearing about the new babies here!
#27 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by craft_media_hero View Post
I'm moving too! We sold our house and will be moving next weekend at 38+ weeks !! I will be packing this week, but we are hiring movers for the actual moving part. It is just so stressful, we are moving from our 3000sf house into a 1000sf apartment while we look for a business and another house to buy (hopefully only 2-3 months). I have no idea what we are going to do with all of our stuff! (storage I guess) It's amazing what you can accumulate in a few short years...

Oh, and we are planning a homebirth, so I HAVE to get the apartment situated ASAP!

Mommy to sweet baby Rhys born 7/15
#28 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 03:00 PM

I didn't realize so many of us are due late in the month! I'm due the 27th-ish. I'm just shooting for expecting baby around then. Glad I won't be the only one left at the end of the month!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#29 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 03:26 PM

I wanna be next! puh-leeeeaase???
I'm so totally, completely, absolutely ready. Ready, ready, ready. Everything is set, clean and washed, bought and paid for, packed and by the door, squared away, checked off the list, etc., etc. etc!

EDD is July 1st. My latest hopes are resting on the 26th (full moon and all), but really, that is the last date before which I won't be going absolutely insane. I know, I know, that's still even before my "due date"...but everyone got me geared up thinking I'd go early. EVERYONE. Bastards.

My body and the baby don't feel like they are getting prepared for anything. I feel like I could be pregnant for another couple of months at this rate. Not too happy thinking about that...that's impossible right? The baby MUST come out...soon right?
But I've had it up to "HERE" with my aching ribs, peeing, and being uncomfortable in the most comfy place in our whole house- our bed. I just feel like crying every night before bedtime because I know how fitful the night before me will be.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#30 of 37 Old 06-19-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
I wanna be next! puh-leeeeaase???
I'm so totally, completely, absolutely ready. Ready, ready, ready. Everything is set, clean and washed, bought and paid for, packed and by the door, squared away, checked off the list, etc., etc. etc!

EDD is July 1st. My latest hopes are resting on the 26th (full moon and all), but really, that is the last date before which I won't be going absolutely insane. I know, I know, that's still even before my "due date"...but everyone got me geared up thinking I'd go early. EVERYONE. Bastards.

My body and the baby don't feel like they are getting prepared for anything. I feel like I could be pregnant for another couple of months at this rate. Not too happy thinking about that...that's impossible right? The baby MUST come out...soon right?
But I've had it up to "HERE" with my aching ribs, peeing, and being uncomfortable in the most comfy place in our whole house- our bed. I just feel like crying every night before bedtime because I know how fitful the night before me will be.
For whatever reason, I had a dream last night that you had given birth. I guess it wasn't predictive?!! Soon soon soon!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page