~*~ June 20 - 26 Weekly Chat Thread ~*~ - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyprincess View Post
oh joy...inlaw drama coupled with exhaustion. Today should be so pleasent (NOT) my fil is insisting we all go out to a popular tourist trap with a 9mth pregnant women and his elderly mother (dd's great grandmother) who is having knee replacment surgery in a few months...im sure this is just going to be lovely.
blah.
Urgh. Can you pull a sick day?

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#92 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=Terrilein;15560232]
Which brings me back to me: my face is all swollen this morning, although my feet and hands were not . . . when I got up. I've been up for just an hour and my right ankle is already starting to swell. It's hot, hot, hot and I slept like crap. I'm feeling some pressure behind my eyes, but I don't know if it's a pre-e sign or if it's just a headache coming on due to the weather.
QUOTE]

Terri - How are you feeling now??

Surfacing - Hope you got back to sleep!
I have days where I feel less movement than others. I often think to myself, oh haven't feel baby move for a while and them, bam, a reassuring nudge!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#93 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 05:18 PM

Oy...we just had to explain (gently) to my stepdaughter why we cannot name her brother "Ellison 'Hawk' Lastname." (Yes, we're still leaning in that direction, maybe nicknaming him Ellis.)

'Hawk' (well, something relatively close, for privacy's sake) is her middle name. So, on one hand, that's very touching that she wants to share.

HOWEVER...it is her middle name because it is her mother's last name.

So, no.

That did not go over well.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#94 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 06:39 PM

@Welsh: I parked myself on the couch with coldpacks for me feet and face. In the afternoon we went to a thermal bath again where I did several rounds of Kneipp-ish stuff - walking alternately through hot/cold water basins, submerging the arms in hot/cold water basins. It seemed to help a lot and I feel so much better even if my right foot was still swollen when we got home. I guess I'll just have to do the Kneipp stuff at home in the shower.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#95 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 06:52 PM

I just need to vent...I'm trying SO hard to be good IRL but I am to the point of being tearful. I have had labor pains for the last three-4 nights--starting when I go to bed and stopping around 1-2 AM. They HURT, and I'm not getting enough sleep as a result. I know it's false labor, it doesn't feel quite "right", but I want it to turn into the real thing SO badly. Then I've read stories of people having prodromal labor for WEEKS. And I want to cry even more

I went to the doctor on Thursday and they said it really looked like I was about to go into labor in the next few days, though obviously babies have a mind of their own, etc. DH took off work for the rest of the week (which was stupid in retrospect). I was excited and anxious and hopeful.

Nothing. I'm sore, I'm miserable, my entire vaginal area is one big crampy painful mess, and no contractions at all during the day. Baby has dropped ALL the way and I can't even cross my legs anymore. There is no WAY I could attempt sex right now, I hurt too much.

Then, according to DH I'm being "nitpicky" to my 3 year old DS, I'm acting like everything he does right now is wrong, and I need to let up on the poor kid. So I feel like an awful mom too, I'm picking on the poor kid a few days before his new brother is coming? (he's been really defiant lately, so it's hard for me to be patient even when I'm not miserable. DH took him out most of today to give us a break from each other, and that's helping)

Sigh. I went to breakfast with my mom and she brought me chocolates, my sister made me an iced decaf mocha (yum, she makes the BEST) and my MIL is taking DS to her house to spend the night tonight. So maybe I can rest and put this in perspective--I'm not even officially due until tomorrow.

I'm sorry for whining I haven't even been coming here for a few days because I feel so guilty, I really don't have it so bad

Mom to Liz (14) and Dillon (3) and Mitchell FINALLY born 7/11/10!
#96 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 08:54 PM

Everyone is entitled to complaining!!

I too love this thread of masterbating and jam. Too funny! I made 6 batches of strawberry jam for my boys and dh. I don't like strawberry jam at all but they love it and only if it's the full sugar kind (blech). So that's what they got and they are over the moon happy about it. Up next is raspberry with light sugar for me. I love the tartness!!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#97 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 10:47 PM

So tourist trap was not awful but fil felt the need (we took 2 seperate cars) to drive the "shortcut" which is really a "long" cut and changed the 40min ride into a 1.5hour ride!!!! THen the same thing on the way back. I could have strangled the man. I get so swollen car riding and he is asking me tonight "gee Kate you sure look bloated you doing ok?" I could have literally thrown a pan at his head.
On a happy note still having bhctx and hoping they stay that way. I am almost 38 weeks (*on monday) and would love to have a fully cooked 40weeker!!
#98 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 11:07 PM

Bleh. I just found out my ex-boss is blaming me for scheduling a mid-July trial for when "I knew" I wouldn't be able to make it. (Makes me wonder if I'd scheduled it for, say, June 15 or July 1, or November 12, I would have been kept on to handle it. I got "let go for business reasons" June 1.)

The scheduling conference was in December. I hadn't even had a doctor appointment yet, nor had I discussed anything with anybody other than my husband, parents, and sister. I wasn't confident about the baby sticking. My sister had just had a miscarriage. I didn't have a great idea of my due date, and thought it could be August. Like I was going to tell the judge and opposing counsel about this at that point? You can rule out individual court dates due to vacations, calendar conflicts, and such, but can't just say, "I can't schedule this trial for anytime during July, August, or September" without giving a reason (at least not with this particular judge).

When I told my boss I was pregnant, literally the first question I had for him was what to do with this trial--he told me not to worry about it, it would probably settle, and if didn't, we'd deal. I truly hate the platitude, "he doesn't have kids and can't understand," but yeah, if he'd ever had kids (or if his wife had ever been pregnant) he would understand why I didn't say anything.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#99 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
I love that in our DDC we discuss masturbation and jam-making in the same thread!!! That's special!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#100 of 105 Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Proto - All I have to say is

Jam Making Mamas - I have one package of Certo that asks for 1 and 3/4 cups fruit and then like 4 cups of sugar!!!!! Really? Is this what you have too? I bought one small package of Certo lite and haven't opened it up yet to read how it's supposted to be different. I was expecting the proportions to be more like what I saw here:
http://www.canadianliving.com/food/c...wberry_jam.php
http://www.canadianliving.com/food/s...reezer_jam.php
Anybody have a good recipe they care to share?

For those with the In-Law dramas -

Rebeccalizzie -

AFM, yes mamas, I got back to sleep and baby has been moving a ton since then. Thanks!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#101 of 105 Old 06-27-2010, 12:26 AM

You've got to follow what the pectic info says otherwise it won't set and then you'll have ice cream topping.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#102 of 105 Old 06-27-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh View Post
I love that in our DDC we discuss masturbation and jam-making in the same thread!!! That's special!
OMG, that IS so funny!

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#103 of 105 Old 06-27-2010, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma2DoubleCuties View Post
You've got to follow what the pectic info says otherwise it won't set and then you'll have ice cream topping.
Okay

#104 of 105 Old 06-27-2010, 04:15 PM

Ok, I never said this with my previous pregnancies before 40 weeks, but I'm ready for the baby to come out now!

I want to see him and hold him in my arms. I haven't had any ultrasounds this whole pregnancy so I have NO idea what he (or possibly a she) looks like! My DDs are getting pretty bored with the pregnancy now. I think they have forgotten about the baby or something.. lol

I finally got my bathtub upstairs that the landlords were supposed to do months ago.. so I'm having glorious nightly baths in Epsom salts, and think I could birth in there if I had to (still waiting on the "birth tub" from the MW)

I've been taking an iron supplement, but it has made me completely constipated. yuck. Why does it do that? The floradix just wasn't cutting it for me, so now I'm onto the capsules. I hope I can find a good alternative before the birth, cause I want to make sure I have enough iron.

I concur about the certo recipe, unfortunately. They ask for WAY too much sugar, IMO. I'm good with less than half of what they call for. But then you get runny jam.
#105 of 105 Old 06-27-2010, 05:06 PM

There is a pectin called Pomonas you can find it at like a Whole Foods type place that you don't have to use as much sugar. Makes good jam still. I'll be using it for my raspberry jam.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page