sore teeth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just yesterday my back bottom molars started to feel sore, almost like a toothache but really only when I chew. My gums are not sore and I haven't had any issues with my teeth. This started on the heels of a migraine- I took 2 tylenol for it. Anyone else? Wondering if I should worry. They aren't going to fall out, are they?! Scary thought!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Interesting. Not really what you are describing, but I am having a LOT of temperature change type sensitivity.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Old 06-22-2010, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, I get that too, just more sensitivity in general- Sensisyne (sp?) really helps actually.

This is more hormonal feeling or something, like my bones are getting loose, including my teeth! ??

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:11 PM

I had some concerning tooth pain late last week. I finally realized that I was stressing about some (stupid) work stuff and was clenching my teeth. I managed to let some of it go and found that both the sore teeth and the low grade headache that I hadn't realized I had went away.

Hopefully it's something equally benign for you.

Me (36), my DH (37), our DD (12/07), and our new DS (7/7/10)
Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Could be...stress and clenching coming with the migraine. I'm curious if it'll go away!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:57 PM

I've had this too. I don't know how to describe it, it's annoying tooth pain (and not really PAIN so much as annoyance/sensitivity) that makes me what to grit my teeth. I do have pregnancy onset gingivitis but it seems more teeth than gums. What's really annoying is that I feel fine all day and after hours, when I would not be able to call the dentist, it starts hurting..then feels fine the next day! So annoying!

I am thinking it might just be the whole loosening bones/muscles thing. I do get scared because the hygienist told me that if I get an infection in the gums my baby could die. Isn't that just the nicest thing to say, and she said it like that too!

Using the waterpic helps mine feel better, and sometimes tylenol. Hopefully it's nothing major, knowing that others are dealing with it too makes me feel a little better!

Artist, teacher, wife and mommy to DSS, DD1, DD2 and surprise baby girl on the way, 7/12!

Old 06-24-2010, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was at the dentist this week and read something there that said the gingivitis can cause preterm labour. Get an infection in your gums and your baby could die? That sounds...extreme. Hmmm. But certainly it makes good sense to take care of our teeth and gums.

After I had my two babies, the dentist x-rayed my jaw, and said that I lost some bone density and thickness. Gingivitis seems to cause some bone loss, even dh has had that issue.

My mom has told me this saying in the past, that "for every baby you have, you lose one tooth".

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 06-24-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyHeartsy View Post
I do get scared because the hygienist told me that if I get an infection in the gums my baby could die. Isn't that just the nicest thing to say, and she said it like that too!

Oh, that's a lovely thing to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was worried about infection etc because I needed some fillings and the hygenist told me my gums were really inflamed.

My BFF is a midwife in a big, high risk, inner city hospital. She said that, while technically it could happen, she hadn't yet seen it during her career.
You can assume that the majority of the women she sees are very low income and possibly don't go to the dentist.

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia

User Tag List