*~*June 27-July 3 Chat*~* - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well this is the chat thread that will bring us into July! Hooray for that!
Here's hoping for lots of yummy, healthy, and beautiful babies coming soon!

ETA: Old chat thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummy marja View Post
Also--my jaw dropped when you said so casually "And made love a couple of times" It's difficult enough to make it happen ONCE for me, yay for you doing it twice in a day! I bet that really helped to get things going, and also so nice that you are enjoying your last few days alone!
Yeah, it only hit DH in the past week or two that this might be it for a little while when it comes to sex, so he's been extra motivated. Add that to my motivation of wanting this baby to make its exit now, and there you go! Also the sensitivity/soreness issues I was having for a few months are recently gone, so it's nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapayaMom View Post
anyway I just needed to rant I have no patience for anyone let alone people who are being insensitive to the fact that I am having a baby and maybe I should get to have a say in when people drop in for a week. ugh
Ugh, annoying inlaws! You definitely have the last say and I hope they get that.

Terrilein- glad the thermal baths worked for you! They sound so nice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccalizzie View Post
I just need to vent...I'm trying SO hard to be good IRL but I am to the point of being tearful. I have had labor pains for the last three-4 nights--starting when I go to bed and stopping around 1-2 AM. They HURT, and I'm not getting enough sleep as a result. I know it's false labor, it doesn't feel quite "right", but I want it to turn into the real thing SO badly. Then I've read stories of people having prodromal labor for WEEKS. And I want to cry even more

I went to the doctor on Thursday and they said it really looked like I was about to go into labor in the next few days, though obviously babies have a mind of their own, etc. DH took off work for the rest of the week (which was stupid in retrospect). I was excited and anxious and hopeful.

Nothing. I'm sore, I'm miserable, my entire vaginal area is one big crampy painful mess, and no contractions at all during the day. Baby has dropped ALL the way and I can't even cross my legs anymore. There is no WAY I could attempt sex right now, I hurt too much.

I'm sorry for whining I haven't even been coming here for a few days because I feel so guilty, I really don't have it so bad
I'm sorry. I'm starting to feel exactly like you. Hang in there.

Yes, I'm well into my third day of the contractions that go nowhere. Just googled prodromal labour...depressing. I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong or I have some kind of dysfunctional uterus that will never go into labour properly. And I'm getting really tired.

Like rebeccalizzie I was so excited on Friday when things started happening- SOOOO happy and excited- so was DH. Now I'm just exhausted and feeling depressed. DH didn't even get up to ask if things were progressing or if I was ok when it started again last night/this morning...it's depressing me even more to think that he's given up on anything coming of all this too. When or IF I ever do go into real labour, I feel like now it won't be so exciting or happy it'll just be like "finally, let's get this over with" . And I'll be so f*ing tired I won't care WHAT they do to me at the damn hospital.

This morning I just had a huge emotional crash when the contractions/cramping started again and DH went to work and left me to it. I can't believe how great and hopeful I was feeling just a couple of days ago- I haven't felt this down in a long, long while. I feel like throwing a good, old-fashioned screaming, crying tantrum. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to endure.

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@ rebeccalizzie and expat-mama: hang in there ladies. These babies WILL come. And while it may seem that prodromal labor isn't doing squat, I'm sure it must be doing SOMETHING. What would be the point otherwise?

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#3 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrilein View Post
@ rebeccalizzie and expat-mama: hang in there ladies. These babies WILL come. And while it may seem that prodromal labor isn't doing squat, I'm sure it must be doing SOMETHING. What would be the point otherwise?
Totally agree.

expat-mama - I think maybe you should have that big old cry. Let it out.
It's good to acknowledge your fears NOW of not having the energy for the labor you want.
It's so hard when you're tired but take today for yourself. Eat something scrumptious, have a gentle swim, be kind to yourself.

rebeccalizzie - please don't apologise for whining! you have to vent somewhere!
I'm so sorry you're so sore, sounds miserable
Soon that baby will be in your arms!

Emma - Welsh Wife to DH and Mummy to DS, Lloyd 13/08/07 and Cerys 15/07/10
Living in Russia
#4 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 06:39 AM

totally f'ing stupid cat, pardon my French. I've got two and one is wacko. She just decided to jump on my shoulders and sink her claws in resulting in my screaming various profanities. She's now gone ballistic through the appartment and I'm ready to toss her out the window. If she doesn't stop, I think I'm going to totally freak. And that's the end of my wonderful morning all by myself with no one to bother me.

hide.gif Me 41, single mom to modifiedartist.gifdd 4/2001 and demon.gif ds 7/17/2010

#5 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 07:08 AM

Awww, expat, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I had tons of prodromal labor with dd and it is SO tough.

I'm getting pretty anxious over here. My EDD is on Wednesday, so I'm over 39.5 weeks now. Baby is currently kicking/punching the crap out of me, and holy crap it is painful. It's after 3am here and there's no chance of me getting any sleep until s/he settles down. Nights are so rough. I was up at least eight times to pee last night.

Everything's ready to go, I'm just waiting. My hot tub is sparkling clean and filled up and warm (using it as a birth tub), so if I don't use it within the next several days, I'll probably have to drain and refill it again. I reaaaaally don't want to have to do that. My mom is starting to drive me up the wall. She LITERALLY argued with me on the phone tonight about how the baby should be out my now. Uhh, I haven't even hit my due date yet. Most people go over. STFU. :X

Buuuut regardless...
Come out baby! I'm ready for you!

Weirdo Mama to amazing Aurelia, age 9 & Ember Roslyn, age 3!
#6 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 07:17 AM

Ugh, Bjorker! I'm sorry your mom actually argued with you like that. It's not like you're really cooking a turkey.

Well, here's to hoping we don't all suffer overly much in the last stretch.

#7 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 07:23 AM

I will add, since I clearly am in the ranting mood now, that I'm INCREDIBLY upset by our insurance situation. DP's job went and changed it again, without so much as telling him ahead of time, and I think it's the worst possible thing they could have done right now. They switched him to Group Health, which is a "co-op" done like an HMO. This means that he and dd, plus the newbie, HAVE to see THEIR doctors and go to THEIR medical centers for all of their care. I had finally found a pediatrician I felt like I could trust, but not at f$%@ing Group Health. I have some issues with peds b/c we went through a massive crapstorm when dd was an infant with "Failure to Thrive" and her ped knowing NOTHING about breastfeeding (and it of course ended up being a supply problem, which *I* figured out after they did a bunch of useless invasive tests). So I found a very BF-friendly & knowledgable, vax-alternative-friendly ped that actually had openings! Yay! And an ND on staff! Yay! Well, we're not going to be able to go there now. No idea what I'm going to do.

Not only that, but DP has diabetes and heart disease, and has been working closely with a number of different drs since his heart attack, almost a year and a half ago. Plus now they're trying to figure out why he has an elevated level of calcium in his blood. Now he has to start over completely with all new doctors. And they didn't even have the decency to TELL US AHEAD OF TIME!

Luckily this doesn't affect me or the birth, since I'm on state aid while pregnant. Can you imagine if I was? We would have found out RIGHT BEFORE THE BIRTH that our insurance had been switched, without so much as a single notice ahead of time.

Anyway... thanks for 'listening' to my late-night can't-sleep rant. Back to my corner to fume some more...

#8 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 07:36 AM

You know, it's stories like this that boggle my mind over the multitude of people who are so against health care reform. I mean, how is the current messed up situation better? I doubt that the system will get overhauled and become a good copy of European models, but ANYTHING has got to be better than this crap.

#9 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
You know, it's stories like this that boggle my mind over the multitude of people who are so against health care reform. I mean, how is the current messed up situation better? I doubt that the system will get overhauled and become a good copy of European models, but ANYTHING has got to be better than this crap.
Seriously, I am so with you. We did get some stuff passed that hasn't gone into effect yet, but it's definitely not enough. It's ALWAYS something around here-- I've seen it effect so many loved ones in so many ways. Every time we have do deal with the health care system in any way, it's such a headache. We've also been struggling financially since DP had his heart attack EVEN THOUGH he's had insurance that whole time. It's just sad. And I know that so many people have it even worse. It's a rotten feeling to not have any insurance at all and need help with something. I've been in those shoes too and it's downright awful.

Oops, I'm ranting again!

#10 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 09:06 AM

I highly recommend having a good long cry, everyone! I had a good one yesterday morning and I'm still feeling the effects of a good release. It's like having a massage only cheaper and you don't have to make an appointment!

I never experienced prodromal labour. I can imagine it must be really, really tough.

We picked strawberries yesterday--the four of us got 20 litres in about half an hour! The bumpy tractor ride and the half-hour of squatting got some good BH going but nothing serious. Oh well! Came home, had a sauna and jump in the lake, then washed and froze most of the berries. I have some left for eating and some for a batch of jam.

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
#11 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 11:30 AM

A little annoyed at dh last night while we were all in our back yard enjoying a nice weinie roast he says, "wow you are really pregnant". I said yeah tell me about it. Then goes to say, (I had my shirt up getting some sun on my belly) says your belly button...eeehhh. And makes this disgusting face. Ohhhh I could jar slapped him. This is while he's out in his white body shirtless. OMG. Do people lose all tact sometimes?!?! Ok complaint over

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#12 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 03:51 PM

Sounds like everyone could use a

I had a rough day yesterday too. We had a class (baby care) to go to in the afternoon, and I was supposed to pick up DH at work beforehand to get lunch, then go to the class. Well, he got caught up with work stuff, tried to leave me a message that he would meet me at the class, but accidentally left it at home instead of on my cell phone, while I was already on the way. I couldn't get in touch with him because he was out of cell signal range where he was in his building, and wasn't at his desk. I ended up waiting in the parking lot for an hour and half (apart from walking about a mile each way to a Peet's to use the bathroom because I'm still driving the '62 Falcon and it has a bit of a slow battery charge leak so short drives are not a good idea). I finally decided to head to the class on my own, grabbed a quick lunch, and he showed up. He was very apologetic, felt bad.

Then to top it off I had some sort of allergic reaction, not sure to what, either my lunch (although I've had the same dish from the same place before) or something in the room, and ended up being very itchy all over during the whole class.

Doing much better overall today though.

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

#13 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 05:52 PM

expat-mama- how you hanging in there? It sounds really exhausting mentally and physically. I hope all of this prodromal labor is getting your body nice and primed. Be gentle with yourself your body does know what it's doing! If I recall you had at one point said the women in your family tend to go early. I remember being especially anxious with #1 because of that very trend. It was so hard because I just kept thinking it was time since all the other women in my family had theirs 1-2 weeks early, clearly my baby had other plans.

my birth buddy is in labor, I have been stalking facebook and my email hoping to be able to update you all soon. I feel very responsible.

Other than that I just finished scrubbing the bathroom, because we all know the baby would be disgusted to come home to an unscrubbed floor

I also finished the sweater I was working on for him which felt good.

Other than that I have been grumpy lately and tired and hot and pretty much how everyone else is feeling.

Tracy, Wifey to Jeff . Mama to Maya-Papaya 7/04 and Carolina Bean-a 5/07 and Jack 7/4/10!!
#14 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#15 of 92 Old 06-27-2010, 09:35 PM

I have three bathrooms and two of the bathrooms that are next to each other are out, they won't drain soooo what happens today? My husband takes a shower, shower doesn't drain (Yes, he knew that, but he's a man), my son turns on the faucet in my bathroom and leaves it on until I hear this strange noise of water dripping and I go check and there is water everywhere, inside the cabinet, outside the cabinet, soaking the rug, seeping on the wood floors, and I as glance into my shower, I see that dirt is starting to seep into the shower....so what do I do? I start to cry.

Plumber is coming tomorrow at 8:30 and just for good measure, this would be the third time in a month they have had to come and fix this problem......

I am trying to NEST, I need CLEANLINESS and I got dirt in my shower!!!!! AAAHHHHHH.....

#16 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 01:42 AM

UGH to all the prodromal labor, had that last time, what a pain/emotional roller coaster! It will end someday and you will have your baby!!!

We had a nice family potluck/baby party yesterday here, the first summer gathering. It was so nice and not stressful at all! And today I got to go to a pregnant ladies' tea and just eat and talk for hours.

I am saying goodbye to my dh for the week as he's going on a river kayaking trip with some friends. I'm not looking forward to dealing with four kids who haven't yet made a graceful transition to summer and one with a fever by myself. Here's hoping for a miracle! I'm just 36 weeks Tuesday so hopefully there's no chance of him missing the birth, that would just stink. Saturday I'll be egging the baby on though!

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#17 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
We had a nice family potluck/baby party yesterday here, the first summer gathering. It was so nice and not stressful at all! And today I got to go to a pregnant ladies' tea and just eat and talk for hours.

I am saying goodbye to my dh for the week as he's going on a river kayaking trip with some friends. I'm not looking forward to dealing with four kids who haven't yet made a graceful transition to summer and one with a fever by myself. Here's hoping for a miracle! I'm just 36 weeks Tuesday so hopefully there's no chance of him missing the birth, that would just stink. Saturday I'll be egging the baby on though!
That tea party -- chatting and eating for hours -- sounds wonderful. And so nice to have a stress-free family party. There's such a difference between these events that actually fill you up vs. energy burning stressors.

What are ya gonna do with your kiddos during that week? In my minds eye I'm seeing outdoor hikes and a water hole. (Hmmm or maybe that's just your dh)

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#18 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 02:54 AM - Thread Starter

Yes hugs all around! What a sorry bunch we are.

Sorry about the cat Terri, but LOL. I love kitties, especially crazy ones!

Bjorker- I hear you on the annoying mother thing...my mom has been driving me up the freaking wall the past week or so! She calls pretty much every day and (trying to be funny...or something...) says "Where's that baby?" or "Are there three of you there yet?" or something along those lines. I almost want to have the baby and NOT tell her. Yes mom, we had the baby a couple of days ago- we were just waiting for you to call and ASK us about it so we could tell you. And she's coming HERE in 6 days... I'm just begging and pleading for the baby to come before then or I'll just have to lock her in the guest room... she's a lovely woman but she can just get to be TOO MUCH.
Sucks about your insurance too... I can't imagine! We're dealing with US-style insurance here for the first time and DH's company just switched it on Friday too- but we're lucky it's actually better for us and all our doctors etc. stay the same. Hopefully you can find good doctors that fall under your new plan. I dunno... we get a lot of American news living abroad, and they're always interviewing Canadians who say how f*ed up the system in Canada is, and that socialized health care is not the answer...but I never had ANY complaints in Canada. And the European systems are even better. There's nothing wrong with "socializing" health care- there is something wrong with a health care system that focuses on profit and not people. Anyway... sorry you have to put up with all that.

Ohh marja...yummy strawberries! I've been in fruity heaven lately- we've got cherries inundating the produce sections around here! YUM YUM YUM! I can't get enough.

Somegirl- Sounds like a crappy day! How was the baby care class? Ours was pretty entertaining... The dolls we used looked like weird zombie babies, they were anatomically correct and people kept dropping them. DH and I were giggling and laughing like we were in junior high health class! Our teacher was not amused... Did the allergic reaction go away?

Papayamom- yep... EVERYONE in my family has their babies at least a week early. Everyone except me, apparently. I'm blaming DH's genes. Well done on finishing the sweater! I gave up on one I was working on.

Kat- Oh...your plumbing situation sounds terrible. Flooded bathrooms are definitely NOT conducive to nesting. No, not at all.

Mataji- Hope you have an ok time all alone with the kiddos! Chances are DH won't miss the birth!

AFM- I'm feeling a little better. I've just been trying to rest as much as possible and not let this prodromal crap get to me. We downloaded a huge DVD set of standup comedy and I've been glued to it and laughing my butt off. I'm a little disappointed that it feels like this is kind of ruining my and DH's excitement about the birth... I feel kind of cheated if that makes sense. When I finally do go into real labour, I hope I'll be happy and excited not just wanting to "get it over with it" etc. I'm really going to try and think positively and change my perspective on this whole thing because I was so down the past couple of days- I don't want to be stuck in that rut when the time really comes for me to meet my baby.
Today has been an easy day so far- no contractions, just cramping and I'm hoping to get through yoga without any thing happening (...unless it's real?? I can still dream, can't I?). DH made me a wonderful breakfast in bed before he went to work and kissed my belly and told the baby that we are waiting for him but not to "stress out" . It made me think that all of this is probably not very much fun for my sweet babe either. Poor little one.

Just found out that some distant French cousins of mine are moving here to the UAE in August. Strange...

Well, stay strong mamas! We are inching along...

Me dreads.gif 32, loving him fuzmalesling.gif33, more each day. Rad boy, jog.gif 7/12/10 & Cool gal baby.gif  4/28/13

I'm a biracial, atheist, humanist, pacifist, anarchist, bibliophile, and educator. Rainbow.gifgd.gifwinner.jpgnocirc.gif

#19 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 03:56 AM

Getting kinda nervous here. I was worried last night that the baby might be making his way already and my mw is out of town. Eeep! I can't hardly sleep, my shoulder was killing me, that pubic symphysis hurts, but at least my heartburn took a hike last night. But I really feel like something is going on down there - if I'm not peeing, then I've got a bowel movement going. And I'M getting nervous to sit on the toilet, as if I might accidentally have the baby instead.
DD was away camping with her father over the weekend and came back sick yesterday. At least the weather's nice, but she's really sluggish and is staying home from school today to nurse that nasty cough she developed. I just hope I don't catch it. I usualy don't.

#20 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 05:04 AM

Expat-- yes, your mom sounds just like mine! So sick of the daily calls and comments and so on. I know she means well, but its just draining for me at this point. So glad i didnt let her talk me into being at the birth this time. I had dd in a hospital with my mom there, and there was nowhere for me to hide. I remember her making comments about me being snippy. Hello, I'm in labor! What do you expect?! Anyway, I say that if you're still pg when your mom gets there, kick her out while you're in labor. She'll get over it. :P

I worked my ass off around the house today, making more food for the freezer & cleaning and such. Still didn't kick me into labor, sigh. But at least I have that much more all done?
Posted via Mobile Device

#21 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
...that pubic symphysis hurts, but at least my heartburn took a hike last night. But I really feel like something is going on down there - if I'm not peeing, then I've got a bowel movement going. And I'M getting nervous to sit on the toilet, as if I might accidentally have the baby instead.
HA! That sounds just like me! Reading through this thread, it sounds like we are all getting hit with the anxiety of late pregnancy. I know I have been a hormonal mess - I can tell when I'm being unreasonable, and try very hard to temper it with my strong rational side, but sometimes, goshdarnit, I just need to throw a fit!

Overall everything is going well - hormonal bouts, I'm definitely stressing about housecleaning and work, but I think I'm really close to being ready to hand everything off at work. And the house will be what it will be.

I keep getting lower backache and menstrual-style cramps. Almost nightly - drives me nuts! That was the only identifiable sign I had of early labor with DD, and to know that it's meaningless now...grumble.

Went to prenatal yoga class yesterday - it kicked my butt! Followed by a pedicure, and a massage on Wednesday. I'm just going to relax the heck out of this week, and maybe baby will show up next weekend...
#22 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 10:15 AM

Starving all. of. the. time.

Eat.

Puke.

Have cxns that peter out.

Repeat.

(Still trying to work full time - limited leave and I don't want to waste it on time before babe is here).

Not a happy camper.

Me (36), my DH (37), our DD (12/07), and our new DS (7/7/10)
#23 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Sounds like everyone is just having a wonderful, wonderful time.
Having cramps in my butt and legs. Checked my cervix, and there is a big change from last night--I wasn't dilated before and now I'd guess at least 2 cm. Which is awesome cuz I thought something was going on last night, there was so much pressure.

I also have a huge burst of energy and am washing all the towels and sheets. I want to do the curtains too, but I won't. I also want to bake bread, but I won't.

Marja: consensual-living, unschooling, piano-teaching, doula and mom to 3 creative, independent people:
DD, 8, DS, 6, and Baby DS born July 1, 2010 Married to DH for 10 years!
#24 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 AM

Just want to give a big shout out to everyone feeling as energized and glamorous as I am!! I guess If we didn't feel this graceful and comfortable and fantastic, we'd just want to stay pregnant for ever and never feel ready to birth these squishy creatures out! Our time is near mamas. Hang in there and enjoy the ride for what it is. Even if it gets bumpy, moody, tantrumy, turns into all out war...it's all just part of the journey. Among all this anxiety and discomfort, somewhere, there is still an amazing process happening in our bodies. We are Awesome!

SAHM to DD 03/08 & DD 06/10 made with love with my DP

#25 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 12:26 PM

Man, nothing's going on here compared to all of you crampy contracty people! I guess I'm a little behind though, I'm sure I'll catch up in a couple of weeks!

I'd love to hit up the pool every day this week but I have a 3 yr old with a fever, mysterious spots and a sore throat (taking to dr. today, this is second round of this mystery illness). Also have kids with random hip-hop classes and dentist appointment in the middle of open swim time. arg. I might have to splurge for the more expensive pool with more extensive open hours so I can go! We have a reservoir but it's absolutely freezing b/c summer just got here last week and it hasn't warmed up yet.

I have a long list of to do all the time, but I'm feeling rather unmotivated the last few days, like I'm slowing down and just really want to sit or lie down and space out.

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#26 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 12:31 PM

I wrote my birth plan today. I think it might just be quicker and easier if I just printed, in 200-point font, a big "NO" and put it on the door to my hospital room.

ProtoLawyer (the now-actual lawyer, this isn't legal advice,  please don't take legal advice from some anonymous yahoo on the Internet)
Spouse (the political geek) * Stepdaughter (the artist) * and introducing...the Baby (um, he's a baby? He likes shiny things).
#27 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoLawyer View Post
I wrote my birth plan today. I think it might just be quicker and easier if I just printed, in 200-point font, a big "NO" and put it on the door to my hospital room.
Yep, that about sums it up!

#28 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 12:43 PM

I'm feeling for all of you Mamas, sounds like we are all so ripe. Hang in there!

I too have been having lots of cramps, contraction-y feelings, sharp cervixy feelings, etc. I just hope this all means that when my body finally kicks in to full on labour, it will be short and sweet like dd2's birth was.

#29 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 12:47 PM

hmmm...protolawyer, I am stealing your idea, that and arming myself with the no bullshit from the medical establishment doula, should guarantee my peace in birth...and possibly wearing a shirt that says, If you can read this you are standing too close.

Nursing student, (LAST SEMESTER!!!)Cloth diapering, cosleeping, breastfeeding mama to 4!!!
#30 of 92 Old 06-28-2010, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mataji4 View Post
Man, nothing's going on here compared to all of you crampy contracty people! I guess I'm a little behind though, I'm sure I'll catch up in a couple of weeks!
Same here! Sorry to hear about the mystery illness, I hope things get better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by expat-mama View Post
Somegirl- Sounds like a crappy day! How was the baby care class? Ours was pretty entertaining... The dolls we used looked like weird zombie babies, they were anatomically correct and people kept dropping them. DH and I were giggling and laughing like we were in junior high health class! Our teacher was not amused... Did the allergic reaction go away?
The class was pretty good, the teacher was a lactation consultant and was pretty easy-going. One of the other couples started banging on their doll's head to get a stuck eye to open.

The allergic reaction started going away during the drive home, which is why I thought it might have been something in the room. Although we had our childbirth classes in the same room and I never had a problem. Very strange.

One more class to go, breastfeeding, but that's after I'm past 37 weeks so hopefully we will make it (the earlier ones were all full).

Glad to hear that you were able to relax and get a bit of rest.

Proto, love the abbreviated birth plan!

Hang in there mamas!!!

Paula, mama to DS M (7/2010) sleepytime.gif and Watson (1998) dog2.gif and welcoming baby Penny (8/1/2013) babyf.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page